Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Mod Announcement - Eras of Rome: Pax Romana

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default New Mod Announcement - Eras of Rome: Pax Romana

Announcing our latest mod project for Rome II - Pax Romana. It will use the Imperator Augustus campaign.

The title is meant to be ironic because there will be nothing peaceful about the upcoming mod. The year is 260 A.D.
    The capture of Valerian to the Sassanids has left the empire in shambles. His son Gallienus has taken the purple but revolts have sprung up and the empire is disintegrating before his eyes. To the west, Postumus has taken control of Gaul, Britannia, and Hispania in order to
    drive the barbarians back over the Rhine. To the east, Valerian's old commander Macrianus leads the remnants of the army there
    to the west to fight Gallienus. Odaenathus remains loyal in Palmyra, but who knows if it will last.
    The borders are ripe for invasion and many German tribes are poised to do so. The Sassanids see a chance to expand
    their empire west. Other powers, young and old, are ready to shine as well. Gallienus has much work ahead if he is to succeed, but
    with capable commanders and plenty of troops, the emperor still has a chance to save Rome!

This mod will feature many of the same things as Res Publica as they are both Eras of Rome projects, except on a larger scale.
    There will be new tech, buildings, units. Improved AI and better battles are also a dream for Pax. However, unlike Res Publica which only rehashes vanilla equipment together to make new equipment (although there were new textures), Pax will feature completely new models, including models imported from Attila. There will be new textures, for shields especially. We look to improve on many aspects of the game
    a authentic 3rd century mod will be created.

LIST OF PLAYABLE FACTIONS:
    Imperium Romanum (Roman Empire)
    Imperium Galliarum (Gallic Empire)
    Imperium Macrianorum (Macrianus' Empire)
    Imperium Palmyrenum (Palmyrene Empire)
    Eranshahr (Sassanid Empire)
    Mets Hayk (Armenia)
    Basileion tou Bosporou (Kingdom of Bosporus)
    Imperium Axum (Axumite Empire)
    Quadi
    Alemanni
    Picts
    Gothi
    Franci
    Roxolani
    Iazyges

Keep an eye out for updates. First will come playable faction previews, followed by unit rosters and model/texture work, etc.

Last edited by Emperor Caesar; October 21, 2016 at 12:42 AM.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Default Re: New Mod Announcment - Eras of Rome: Pax Romana

What is the timespan? An idea I have is for the civil wars to be more realistic, small cities have no garrison but large ones a extra large one.

It starts in 193 AD as stated, and goes on from there.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Awesome, I really loved the first itaration of this mod! I think it worked until patch 12 or 13??!

Anyway, it was totally awesome and I'm really looking forward to playing it again.

No DLCs needed right? Good luck on the mod! Hoping to see and play it soon!

It will be on the Imperator Augustus campaign map so technically no since it was free and got downloaded with the Emperor Edition of course.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I look forward to your release, I will be leading Septimius Severus to glory!

I have always loved the late empire timeframe. Starting in 260AD makes it something like a Restitutor Orbis for Rome 2 this timeframe makes you in command of an already shattered empire, and it's amazing! Not easy at all to reunite it..

But personally I think also 193AD was a good idea. Another nice starting date would be 235AD, with the beginning of the Third Century Crisis and the political and military anarchy.

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Gallienus!?! Awesome! :p
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Yeah I couldn't resist changing the time period anymore. My favorite period of Roman history has always been the 3rd century and I want to be smack dab in the middle of it and save Rome. I also prefer the Sassanids over the Parthians. Rome's resiliency during this period really inspires me.

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Yeah, I feel that the Battle of Edessa in 260 where Valerian fell, is realy a turning point into true darkness for the Roman Empire. Especially with the Heruli/Gothic plundering of Athens, Sparta, Corinth etc shortly afterwards.

I have been wondering why you want to do It on the Rome II engine instead of Attila, hope you dont mind If I ask.
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Well when the mod was originally set in the time of Severus, I think its mostly the difference like architecture. Rome 2 feels like it should be belong to earlier time periods. The style of Roman architecture in Attila is late Roman, a whole different style. In Severus' time and even Gallienus' time, you wouldn't see all that castle like, heavy fortifications you have in Attila. Fortifications like that began in Aurelian's time, a mere 10 years away but nonetheless - Rome 2 will be the place for it. In Rome 2, you still have that grand style of building the Romans are so famous for which would have been the way in Severus' time. Not only that, but there is already a 3rd century mod in the works for Attila and Rome 2 will no longer be patched making the modding process much smoother. We have invested so much time into the Rome 2 version, we certainly wouldn't want any of that work to be in vain.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'm here and I'm following with the max interest your work Emp!

I'm still surprised about why, after so many years from the publication of RTW and then of Rome 2, NOBODY has ever tried to make a mod based on the III century!

The III century is the most interesting phase of the history of Rome, for the first time Rome is in crisis, a deep political, cultural, military and civil crisis, now the Empire built by Octavian is on the defensive, it wasn't ever happened before! Civil Wars, new powerful enemies as the Sassanians and the new powerful Germanic confederations, political usurpations, rebellions, murders, giant battles, great characters and a new age at the doors, a new age you cannot in any way even start to understand if you before don't understand what actually happened after the death of Marcus Aurelius!! The Third century id the key to understand the past and the future of Rome: Yes because analyzing the mechanics of the third century crisis you understand what was weak in the political building created by Octavian, and at the same time, in the third century are present all the salient features of the incoming last phase of the Roman Empire.

.. and up to now, NOBODY has ever tried to build a Mod about the III century!?!?!?!!!!

So, my dear friend, this is the reason why I'm here and here I'll stay following this glorious work! Congrats, thanks and GOOD WORK to the Team!

+ MEGA-Rep!

here you are example

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rtened-version!

and also earlier propose:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...STITVTOR-ORBIS

but unfortunatly nothing yet released.And to be honesty I doubt they'll be ...

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    I'm here and I'm following with the max interest your work Emp!

I'm still surprised about why, after so many years from the publication of RTW and then of Rome 2, NOBODY has ever tried to make a mod based on the III century!

The III century is the most interesting phase of the history of Rome, for the first time Rome is in crisis, a deep political, cultural, military and civil crisis, now the Empire built by Octavian is on the defensive, it wasn't ever happened before! Civil Wars, new powerful enemies as the Sassanians and the new powerful Germanic confederations, political usurpations, rebellions, murders, giant battles, great characters and a new age at the doors, a new age you cannot in any way even start to understand if you before don't understand what actually happened after the death of Marcus Aurelius!! The Third century id the key to understand the past and the future of Rome: Yes because analyzing the mechanics of the third century crisis you understand what was weak in the political building created by Octavian, and at the same time, in the third century are present all the salient features of the incoming last phase of the Roman Empire.

.. and up to now, NOBODY has ever tried to build a Mod about the III century!?!?!?!!!!

So, my dear friend, this is the reason why I'm here and here I'll stay following this glorious work! Congrats, thanks and GOOD WORK to the Team!

+ MEGA-Rep!

Ambitious project but any chance for release?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post

Announcing our latest mod project for Rome II - Pax Romana. It will use the Imperator Augustus campaign.

The title is meant to be ironic because there will be nothing peaceful about the upcoming mod. The year is 260 A.D.
    The capture of Valerian to the Sassanids has left the empire in shambles. His son Gallienus has taken the purple but revolts have sprung up and the empire is disintegrating before his eyes. To the west, Postumus has taken control of Gaul, Britannia, and Hispania in order to
    drive the barbarians back over the Rhine. To the east, Valerian's old commander Macrianus leads the remnants of the army there
    to the west to fight Gallienus. Odaenathus remains loyal in Palmyra, but who knows if it will last.
    The borders are ripe for invasion and many German tribes are poised to do so. The Sassanids see a chance to expand
    their empire west. Other powers, young and old, are ready to shine as well. Gallienus has much work ahead if he is to succeed, but
    with capable commanders and plenty of troops, the emperor still has a chance to save Rome!

This mod will feature many of the same things as Res Publica as they are both Eras of Rome projects, except on a larger scale.
    There will be new tech, buildings, units. Improved AI and better battles are also a dream for Pax. However, unlike Res Publica which only rehashes vanilla equipment together to make new equipment (although there were new textures), Pax will feature completely new models, including models imported from Attila. There will be new textures, for shields especially. We look to improve on many aspects of the game
    a authentic 3rd century mod will be created.

LIST OF PLAYABLE FACTIONS:
    Imperium Romanum (Roman Empire)
    Imperium Galliarum (Gallic Empire)
    Imperium Macrianorum (Macrianus' Empire)
    Imperium Palmyrenum (Palmyrene Empire)
    Eranshahr (Sassanid Empire)
    Mets Hayk (Armenia)
    Basileion tou Bosporou (Kingdom of Bosporus)
    Imperium Axum (Axumite Empire)
    Quadi
    Alemanni
    Picts
    Gothi
    Franci
    Burgundiones
    Roxolani
    Iazyges

Keep an eye out for updates. First will come playable faction previews, followed by unit rosters and model/texture work, etc.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

@Deciusalexius Why the negativity all three mods you have chosen to highlight are works in progress. Are you on any of the teams? Do you have some insight as to why you doubt any will be released..no, you do not. We are all working hard on our various projects, sometimes RL issues intervene to slow things, sometimes technical difficulties. But all of these projects will be released despite your negative comments

Yeah there is a 100% chance that this mod will be released. We working on the Roman roster right now, which is fairly expansive. It will be done. I don't understand what the negativity is about really. Gaius and I help each other out and both mods will be done.

@@@ to Caesar and Philli...something, something
    This is not negative but only lack of trust to release your project. And also yes.I'd finished my unfinished mod: divided empire(mid V century) I'd abondoned my project because I'd too much bug, and less person were interested.

Mods take a lot of time, especially a project such as Pax Romana, which has much new content. The mod will be released. I just released another faction preview.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Even if they would not release the mod, unfinished or not, I would understand them in both cases more than 100%.

when also leave a feedback or a comment or give help is question of very few mates in a sea of indifference called community well, one shouyld stop rant or take his shots against devs' bugs since they're paied, all this people here is, at the opposite working for free.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast