Page 82 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283848586878889909192107 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2522

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    All I am saying is that if you want more effective troops, you train them better. Warmongering only gets you so far. That's why I prefer drill grounds over temples.
    I agree that it makes more sense for drilling grounds to give experience than temples.

In the other hand battle temples could provide:

- recruitment and retraining cost reductions to represent the population being more cooperant with being drafted for war
    - morale bonus, to represent religious fanaticism and the will to please the war deities.
    - ancillaries giving morale bonus to troops or command to the generals

was trying out the banners from Alternative Battles submod by YourMadDoc. his decr_banner_new.xml seems to be compatible with 2.35 and i was wondering if they could be included in the main EB?
    these banners look neat and are a nice middle way between the outsized bouncie vanilla ones and going custom no banners. they look rather realistic whilst not causing potential control/visibility difficulties of 'no banners'.
    here is their description:
    Banners (only decr_banner_new.xml is required for changes)
    - Much smaller banners to look more as real flags and less as UI elements. Somewhere between having them enabled/disabled.
    - Banners will not "bounce" , only wave in wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    was trying out the banners from Alternative Battles submod by YourMadDoc. his decr_banner_new.xml seems to be compatible with 2.35 and i was wondering if they could be included in the main EB?
    these banners look neat and are a nice middle way between the outsized bouncie vanilla ones and going custom no banners. they look rather realistic whilst not causing potential control/visibility difficulties of 'no banners'.
    here is their description:
    I play with the banners disabled in game but I agree with you, the banners in that submod look beter, in fact, before disabling the banners I was using that submod

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    I agree that it makes more sense for drilling grounds to give experience than temples.

In the other hand battle temples could provide:

- recruitment and retraining cost reductions to represent the population being more cooperant with being drafted for war
    - morale bonus, to represent religious fanaticism and the will to please the war deities.
    - ancillaries giving morale bonus to troops or command to the generals
    I gave battle temples retraining cost reduction, but then I realized many "forge" temples are actually dedicated to healing gods, so it makes more sense to leave this bonus to them as it is.
    About morale bonuses, AFAIK exp points give 1 morale bonus each level and 1 attack bonus every 3 levels, so in reality battle temples mostly enhance morale already.
    Recruitment cost reduction is a good idea, I didn't think about it because I wanted to stick as much as possible with the original bonuses chosen by the EB team for the official release.
    I thought temples already gave unique ancillaries and traits, am I wrong?

Morale bonuses don't work. They can't, there's no record to attach it to for any unit recruited in a place giving that benefit.

Hi, I tried to improve the performance of the Illyrian light phalanx and I found that giving them "long_pike" makes an amazing difference and doesn't seem to have any downside. Maybe it's because "short_pike" may be bugged, I remember that someone speculated it wasn't used in any official release because it didn't work as intended.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Firstly, I just want to say that I love the little animation of the Germanic horn blower guy who lifts the horn up to his lips before sounding off marching orders and attacks. More of that please! All the little things like that really add to the immersion and realism of your mod, which is easily the best for M2TW Kingdoms.

Secondly, I simply adore the awesome monumental Greek and Roman style temples you get to see out in the countryside, but a skilled editor should seriously consider placing them inside the Hellenistic and Roman huge cities, respectively, where they can also be appreciated. For the Greek huge city I would place it next to the already existing gigantic temple, to make the acropolis look more like a finished complex. At the moment the acropolis is kind of barren, with way too much open space than a normal Greek acropolis should have had IMHO.

https://i.imgur.com/I2FX7mU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XyKVO6T.jpg

Finally, some well-deserved criticism: you guys need to fix this weird black sky thing, where the skies are pitch black but the terrain and soldiers are lit up like it's noontime on a sunny, totally cloudless day. It's just jarring and really breaks the immersion for me. It did this twice, two battles in a row the last time I played:

https://i.imgur.com/3dCFAFR.jpg

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Morale bonuses don't work. They can't, there's no record to attach it to for any unit recruited in a place giving that benefit.
    IIRC, they do give bonuses to the units that are inside the settlement - so for a defensive battle or for a battle where the units join as support. I'm not sure of that, however.
    And obviously no longer-lasting benefits.

In case it is useful, 0TheLastTemplar0 has made an animation for dual-wielding weapon units.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post15738796

Give non nomadic factions the ability to convert camps to settlement after the installation of the highest tier allied government building [closely allied] in the camp and a client ruler.
    Should that same faction ever demolish the allied government AND install a factional government, the area should automatically rebel. Forever.....
    That would allow for the development of the camp but only by it retaining its autonomy and culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    Give non nomadic factions the ability to convert camps to settlement after the installation of the highest tier allied government building [closely allied] in the camp and a client ruler.
    Should that same faction ever demolish the allied government AND install a factional government, the area should automatically rebel. Forever.....
    That would allow for the development of the camp but only by it retaining its autonomy and culture.
    It's not possible to string those conditions together.

Thanks QS,
    I can see how a script could check for ownership and the existence of a faction govt building and the existence of a "city" and thus generate a rebellion (and the check could run for as long as the faction owned the province).
    So I presume the issue must be with giving the non-nomad factions the ability to convert camps?
    I have a plan B but I'll need to work on it some more!
    Regards
    P.

Thanks QS,
    I can see how a script could check for ownership and the existence of a faction govt building and the existence of a "city" and thus generate a rebellion (and the check could run for as long as the faction owned the province).
    So I presume the issue must be with giving the non-nomad factions the ability to convert camps?
    I have a plan B but I'll need to work on it some more!
    Regards
    P.
    Camp conversion is done by a building in the EDB. Access to that building is in a single line which doesn't allow for the nuance of "this faction can build it when they have X building in place".

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Camp conversion is done by a building in the EDB. Access to that building is in a single line which doesn't allow for the nuance of "this faction can build it when they have X building in place".
    Hi QS,
    Do you mean this line:

"43401 castle_to_large_town castle requires factions { f_parthia, f_sweboz, f_saka, f_sauromatae, f_numidia, f_lugia, f_bosporan, f_nabatu, f_boii, f_getai, f_carthage, } and hidden_resource mixed and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms_nomadic nomfarms_three ;;;and building_present_min_level govbospor bosphelnom or building_present_min_level govparthia parth_snt"

Regards

P.

Hi QS,
    Do you mean this line:

"43401 castle_to_large_town castle requires factions { f_parthia, f_sweboz, f_saka, f_sauromatae, f_numidia, f_lugia, f_bosporan, f_nabatu, f_boii, f_getai, f_carthage, } and hidden_resource mixed and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms_nomadic nomfarms_three ;;;and building_present_min_level govbospor bosphelnom or building_present_min_level govparthia parth_snt"

Regards

P.
    Yes, it only allows one set of conditions.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I wonder if the term "Strategic fortifications" doesn't sound too serious for the type of buildin in the EBII?
    The second level, Waystation and Garrisons, sounds very apt, but that Strategic Fortifications sounds to like "Maginot Line", not really fit for the place..
    What do you think?

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Hello EB team.
    Every time I play the Romans I always make sure to have a notepad next to me to write down who are my consuls and praetors, and since when. I must say I feel like an authentic ancient roman scribus doing so !
    But with the new roman trait for the military service, which is very handy, I was wondering if you could just do the same for the senior magistratures ? For example with a tool tip saying if this is the first, second or fifth year of the mandate. A thing like that. :-)

Hmm, so as an interim measure, I could replace the factions with "factions { all }" and just use house rules.
    The line is written as if the "and" implies parenthesis until the next "and" but I wonder if the line could be written (pardon my representational logic):
    "f_parthia and hidden_resource mixed and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms_nomadic nomfarms_three OR f-XXXXX....[for the nomadic factions] OR f_Baktria and hidden_resource mixed and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms_nomadic and nomfarms_three and [gov type xxx] OR f_Rome and hidden_resource mixed and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms_nomadic and nomfarms_three and [gov type xxx] etc for the non-nomadic factions.
    Is there a guide to this particular script or modifying the EDB?

Changing it to all and using house rules is the simplest way; the AI never converts anything, because that requires the destruction of herds buildings, and the AI never destroys anything.

There are no brackets in EBD code, which can make the use of OR statements tricky.

Thanks QS I'll give it a go.
    I just realised that by duplicating the whole building entry but changing the factions to the non-nomadics and adding "and govtype etc" to the existing "and" conditions it will give exactly the the desired affect.
    Regards
    P.