Page 50 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2540414243444546474849505152535455565758596075100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2522

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

HI eb2 team, i think you should add more and heavier infantri for the saba and add anoche two factions to the eastern kingdoms. The saba have good units but comparing their units to a regular one like an hoplite they are very week. I hope you take this under consideration, thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by isaacgonzt View Post
    HI eb2 team, i think you should add more and heavier infantri for the saba and add anoche two factions to the eastern kingdoms. The saba have good units but comparing their units to a regular one like an hoplite they are very week. I hope you take this under consideration, thanks anyway.
    Khamis and Nobles are as heavy as they got in southern Arabia, they won't be getting anything equivalent to hoplitai. They are, however, getting their proper line infantry units in 2.3, the tribal warriors - they've been previewed recently.

Not every faction has units covering every role, or can handle the same sorts of things. It's a particular aspect of Saba that you won't have native units that can toe to toe with Greek heavy infantry.

Probably not feasible, I have no idea how these things work... Would it be possible to change what they AI thought was North? If so you could make North what is reality's west. This would make Carthage / Rome fight over spain. AS / Egypt more interested in greece. Parthia / Baktria would natural go against AS. The only a historical aspect would could be Macedon going west instead of east. This shouldn't be to much of an issue as it will have to contend with KH, and Epirous anyway. Given the AI factors decisions Clockwise A precedent for west and then south would seem far more historically accurate, for steppe peoples as well. Might help with Germanic tribes as well, and stop the roman's aiming for the North Sea!!!

Thoughts anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    A shame they can't be used; Carthage looks so colorful here! Their Greek cities are also incredibly intricate and well-designed, really amazing stuff.

EB II has great settlements now, but let's be honest, this is like a whole other level of detail. I'm not quite sure which one is more historically accurate, though. I mean, the EB II Greek cities simply use the Medieval II Total War Southern European layout and acropolis, although you guys have custom layouts for Roman cities and such.
    Speaking of stolen content in that mod: What the... In that video they use unit cards from EB1 and voices from EB1/EB2. Did they have permission to do that? Are any of those unit models from EB2?
    Last edited by Paltmull; April 26, 2017 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paltmull View Post
    Speaking of stolen content in that mod: What the... In that video they use unit cards from EB1 and voices from EB1/EB2. Did they have permission to do that? Are any of those unit models from EB2?
    I don't believe they did ask. We had one interaction with them where they essentially said "we're in Russia, good luck pursuing an IP claims against us".

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I don't believe they did ask. We had one interaction with them where they essentially said "we're in Russia, good luck pursuing an IP claims against us".
    Well isn't that nice? What a bunch of thieves, leeching off other people's hard work...

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Can't site just take down mod if it has stolen property? What has that to do with IP? If the creator of content say it was stolen - boom. Mod down, accounts banned and run through the gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMadDoc View Post
    Can't site just take down mod if it has stolen property? What has that to do with IP? If the creator of content say it was stolen - boom. Mod down, accounts banned and run through the gauntlet.
    Yeah. It's hosted on both ModDB and TWC, and both sites have rules against plagiarism (ModDB, TWC). So it should be entirely possible to have the mod taken down from those two at least.

There were a lot of PM conversations involved. I believe we gave them permission for some specific things (with credit, as usual), but they took a lot more than they'd asked for.

Civis

Do you think it would be possible to change the colour of the settlement models for "Wooden Palisade" and "Wooden Wall" in order to make them look like actual wood.

The right picture is from Natus ob Imperium. I know they shouldn't be taken as a reference, but I think the brown colour is a nice addition. By the way, it's the EBII model, isn't it?

Campidoctor

I think it'd make sense for the Historian ancillary to give +1 Influence, or even +2. In lieu of one or both the -1 Unrest and +1 Law it currently provides.

Give shouts to more units. Most barbarians in particular don't seem to ever say anything.

I agree with the previous post. Voice mods, the mod needs voices! MTW2 engine allows more voices in the campaign map than RTW's engine, but yet the mod in its current state has less voices than EBI! Voices for both the campaign map and the units in the battle map. It is one of the most immersive features the mod has and that is underdeveloped, even if you can't understand a word of wait they are shouting about, you get a feel of how the people spoke in the hellenistic age euro-north african-west asian world, how it sounded... Does the team has any plans regarding this?
    Last edited by BelzebuMaio; May 03, 2017 at 04:39 PM.

They said they did an overhaul on the voice mods in 2.3.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I've found this asked before without getting an answer, so I thought I'd try again.

Would it be possible for the extended Roman offices to get an indication of how long they have until they're over. Maybe if you mouse over the trait, it tells you this propraetorship or that proconsulship has X turns remaining.

Right now, with just a couple of characters, it's already a bit or a pain to need a small notebook next to you when playing the game so that your best general's proconsulship doesn't run out just as you're about to assault the enemy capital. And then the replacement you brought in as fast as you could loses his proconsulship as soon as he arrives...

I can only imagine what it will be like when I've conquered half of Europe and have two dozen FM.

As far as I know, in real life, there were times when a consul lost his office and full campaigns had to be stopped because no one had thought about it, but it was not that usual and the Senate normally nominated a replacement with enough time.

I don't even know if it can be done, but if it does, and the EB team feels it's not something they want to do, is there any pointers you can give to someone who would want to do it for themselves (apart from the normal trait tutorials, I think I've found all of them)?

Thank you very much.

Hey why there are no princesses? One of the coolest things in MTW2 is the possibility to make your lineage have blood from all factions. It would be cool if you could somehow make use for it.

What about forts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuattro View Post
    I've found this asked before without getting an answer, so I thought I'd try again.

Would it be possible for the extended Roman offices to get an indication of how long they have until they're over. Maybe if you mouse over the trait, it tells you this propraetorship or that proconsulship has X turns remaining.

Right now, with just a couple of characters, it's already a bit or a pain to need a small notebook next to you when playing the game so that your best general's proconsulship doesn't run out just as you're about to assault the enemy capital. And then the replacement you brought in as fast as you could loses his proconsulship as soon as he arrives...

I can only imagine what it will be like when I've conquered half of Europe and have two dozen FM.

As far as I know, in real life, there were times when a consul lost his office and full campaigns had to be stopped because no one had thought about it, but it was not that usual and the Senate normally nominated a replacement with enough time.

I don't even know if it can be done, but if it does, and the EB team feels it's not something they want to do, is there any pointers you can give to someone who would want to do it for themselves (apart from the normal trait tutorials, I think I've found all of them)?

Thank you very much.
    I can just about imagine how you might script something that monitors how long you've had a trait. But it would be complex and I'm not sure very worthwhile for just one specific set of traits for one faction.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofportugal View Post
    Hey why there are no princesses? One of the coolest things in MTW2 is the possibility to make your lineage have blood from all factions. It would be cool if you could somehow make use for it.

What about forts?
    They're not historically appropriate in the way they're implemented in the M2TW engine.

They've been removed, they have a deleterious effect on the CAI.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

If you guys can manage it, I'd love to see the slingers of Rhodes as a playable unit. They would complement the Cretan Archers quite handily. Also, while I like the new Aspidiotai Hippeis, I do not like the fact that you guys have now significantly limited the recruitment of Lonchophoroi Hippeis to a handful of regions (basically relegating them to the Greek mainland and a few spots outside of it). What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    If you guys can manage it, I'd love to see the slingers of Rhodes as a playable unit. They would complement the Cretan Archers quite handily. Also, while I like the new Aspidiotai Hippeis, I do not like the fact that you guys have now significantly limited the recruitment of Lonchophoroi Hippeis to a handful of regions (basically relegating them to the Greek mainland and a few spots outside of it). What gives?
    There won't be any Rhodioi Apabatoi; when we looked into the concept, it wasn't really supportable. Sure there were Rhodian marines who were a sort of melee-able slinger, but it isn't really a land-based concept with much evidence.

That's because both Hippeis and the Lonchophoroi were a more limited expression of Greek cavalry than the Xystophoroi and Aspidiotai. That regional restriction is intentional; Lonchophoroi were a Greek and Anatolian thing, for the most part.

It does make Lonchophoroi Hippeis pretty much useless though. Raskumezenai are handily available in same area, are bit cheaper and a bit better. Also available both before and after reforms.