Thread: Captured city (with occupy), what to do with enemy buildings?

Default Captured city (with occupy), what to do with enemy buildings?

All, good morning!

1. Should I keep enemy buildings or should I bulldoze them and replace them from scratch with my own faction buildings?

2. Is it tech tree specific? Do some trees have no impact but some do?
    2a. For military does existing enemy military buildings block my own military tech tree advancing? Always being stuck on orc level 1 peasants able to build or something like this?

2b. Can I gain my faction culture from an existing enemy cultural improvement?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Default Re: Captured city (with occupy), what to do with enemy buildings?

Hi there,

1. I mostly keep them, though if you don't intent to keep the settlement, you can all raze them to the ground for quick money.
    2. You can upgrade these buildings if the settlement still allows it, as far as I know it does not influence the building tree. Also the military buildings do not limit the units you can train, just depends on the building level and culture level.
    3. You always have to rebuild the cultural buildings for your faction specifically, I think they are demolished as you capture the settlement.

Hope this information is useful for you

Yep, as Hitman said, culture buildings are auto-demolished when you conquer. You can build human warriors from orc barracks, the only limitation is the Culture % in your settlement. If you are a good faction, I would recommend to demolish troll pens. It will give you money and delay the AI from building trolls if they recapture the settlement. Likewise, demo all stables if you are playing as the Dwarves. Basically, demo anything that you don't intend to use.

Culture handled differently than vanilla Medieval 2 Total War. It is not determined by having foreign buildings in the settlement. It is a value that is changed over time by the culture building at a fixed rate, and you can check it in the "Settlement Details" scroll.
    Last edited by DrDragun; May 02, 2015 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
    Yep, as Hitman said, culture buildings are auto-demolished when you conquer. You can build human warriors from orc barracks, the only limitation is the Culture % in your settlement. If you are a good faction, I would recommend to demolish troll pens. It will give you money and delay the AI from building trolls if they recapture the settlement. Likewise, demo all stables if you are playing as the Dwarves. Basically, demo anything that you don't intend to use.

Culture handled differently than vanilla Medieval 2 Total War. It is not determined by having foreign buildings in the settlement. It is a value that is changed over time by the culture building at a fixed rate, and you can check it in the "Settlement Details" scroll.
    Ok, perfect. Thanks hitman and dragun.

I'll keep an eye on culture. I am playing dwarves actually so I will basically leave them all alone except for things like the stables (since no cavalry).

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

If you are a good faction, I would recommend to demolish troll pens. It will give you money and delay the AI from building trolls if they recapture the settlement.
    These buildings do only one thing: Troll recruitment for Mordor, OotMM and OoG. If you are any other faction then the buildings are entirely useless.

I keep those that can give cavalry like warg stables, et al, or infantry, plus markets and other that improve your economy.
    I destroy orc pens and specific that I'll not be able to use and get money, like the Gwaith-i-Erynthin.
    If i may lose the city soon, I destroy the stables and barracks archer fields too, or if I will get one unit every 20 turns, because of the type of the land, so that the enemy cannot get them.
    If I will lose the city right ahead (strong enemy army nearby) I sell everything sell-able.