Thread: STARTPOS Modding Help

Default STARTPOS Modding Help

I've begun STARTPOS modding, but it seems I'm running into a few issues. First of all, even if I've followed all the instructions in the STARTPOS guide correctly, the game gets a CTD if I try and play a former unplayable faction (it still shows up in the campaign selection screen). Secondly, while I was successfully able to change provinces like West Prussia, Silesia, etc. to Prussian ownership, it seems that while the provinces are now Prussian, the actual settlements seem to belong to their original owner: I am unable to build anything or upgrade any buildings, while if I try and move to a settlement like Elblag, I get an option to declare war. According to the STARTPOS tutorial, I'm supposed to change the REGION/REGION_SLOT_MANAGER/REGIONS_SLOT_ARRAY/REGIONS_SLOT_ARRAY/REGION_SLOT to the faction owner, but I can only find an array of random numbers that are unique to each territory. How do I fix this?

Default Re: STARTPOS Modding Help

Anyone?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Sorry, I don't know why unlocking a formerly unplayable faction does not work for you. I followed the instructions in husserlTW's guide to unlock the Thirteen Colonies, Louisiana and New Spain for my These United Colonies mod; it worked. Are you using husserlTW's guide? I can only suggest looking carefully through the instructions again, to see if there is a step which you have missed or done slightly differently from the instructions. It took me a long time to learn how to create modded pack files (which, of course, is a different type of modding with a different tool) because I had misinterpreted a single line in the instructions.

If you have been able to change the owner of a region, then you have done something which I have not managed to do - when I tried to change ownership of a region, the game crashed and I could not find out what I was doing wrong. I can only suggest sending a private message to a modder who has been able to change the ownership of regions, to see which instructions worked for them.

I would like to confirm that yes, I have read the guide, and it seems out of date in some regards.