Thread: Help, my Gondor enemy is acting like they are orcs.

Default Help, my Gondor enemy is acting like they are orcs.

Literally the title. They still are very strong when fighting 1-on-1 combat vs my troops. (I am Harad) But every time I kill an army of Gondor with over 1k+ troops a new one spawns out of nowhere. Then they attack again and again and again. They multiply their troops like they are orcs. It never ends. I sent a spy near minas tirith and there it is - a full stack army of Gondor, then I sent a diplomat to the left on the coast and there are 3 half-stacked armies. All the while my most south settlement is under attack by a - you guessed it - full stack Gondor army! How do they produce so much units so quickly and how can I deal with the constant aggression?

Default Re: Help, my Gondor enemy is acting like they are orcs.

Vanilla, right? well, the AI gets a lot of events that give it cash, an increased king's purse and spawnable armies. Your mordor allies get it too, but this seems to be a case of Gondor just going for you a little bit more than against mordor. Hang in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

Quote Originally Posted by eugenioso View Post
    spawnable armies
    This has to be the case. There is no way they could produce armies that quickly.

Woold's Avatar Foederatus

Gondor would probably get slaughtered by Mordor and Harad if they did not have the money (or scripts) to help them.
    In this case though, since your are not an AI, you do not get as much money as Harad usually would to counter that.

As eugenioso said. 'Hang in there.' Sooner or Later ,Mordor will aid you with your war against Gondor.

Yes, I hope so. With a lot in debt and a good army I finally drove out Gondor in my southern provinces and Mordor lost East-Osgiliath to Gondor. Unfortunately they have a lot of armies and even the campaign could just barely win against all those armies. It was Isengard, Rhun, Mordor, Orcs of the Misty Mountains and me vs like 6 armies of gondor.
    I just wish I could have peace for a couple of turns sometimes... lol

Another possibility is Mordor giving Minas Tirith a love tap, thus giving Gondor free units from the garrison script. I hate when certain factions do this, especially Mordor/Isengard ringing the bell at Calas Galadhon when I am OotMM, getting stacks of Supersilvans spawned against me

Quote Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
    Another possibility is Mordor giving Minas Tirith a love tap, thus giving Gondor free units from the garrison script. I hate when certain factions do this, especially Mordor/Isengard ringing the bell at Calas Galadhon when I am OotMM, getting stacks of Supersilvans spawned against me
    What do you mean by them giving minas tirith a love tap? Mordor actually conquered the city! I have a spy sitting there but the gondor armies up there are very very small compared to the ones facing me all the time. It almost feels like Gondor is trying to put their entire focus on me. They lost their capital which had almost no units but send waves of full stack armies across the river just to wipe me out.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Love tap = Garrsion script
    Certain settlements with garrison scripts occasionly get besiged time and time again by small AI forces, then the Garrison Script spawn a defence force much larger that drive the attackers off, leaving the defending faction with additional forces; if this occur time after time the defending force may end up quite strengthened.
    Don't sound like the case in your campaign then though.

Well, the AI behave in mysterious ways

You don't play a submod? This issue sounds more of what people react to in submods than vanilla TATW itself.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Or you could have the Numenoreans redeem themselves and come back into the light! Declare war on Mordor, ally with the men of the world and sack Baradur! I love to change the lore up, and having Harad join the good guys is tons of fun. Also having Oliphants completely shredding orcs is nice. Mordor can really only attack you from Ithilien and you can send armies from the lands near Rhun.

That's currently almost impossible Talsmanic. And no I am playing vanilla TATW. No submod.
    My relations with gondor are "abysmal" and if i ever offer a ceasefire it's "very demanding".

Try giving them back several of their cities or gifting them solid gold. Although I suppose it will be more difficult as they are winning, so perhaps you could wait until they are getting throttled by Mordor to switch sides.

Quote Originally Posted by killerrj8 View Post
    That's currently almost impossible Talsmanic. And no I am playing vanilla TATW. No submod.
    My relations with gondor are "abysmal" and if i ever offer a ceasefire it's "very demanding".
    It may be very difficult for you, but if you can manage to somehow capture three settlements in one turn, the AI will be very receptive of a ceasefire. It's easier said than done, but if you can swing it, the AI will almost always accept a ceasefire.

good factions should get much smaller stacks spammed for them and these should be with all current upgrades already given