Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperium Romanum - Roman Civil War Mod (Based on DBM)

Default Re: Imperium Romanum - Roman Civil War Mod (Based on DBM)

Hi,

Your submod looks great! I want to download it but the links on gamefront don't work... I have "File not found"...

KEA's Avatar Senator

They are all there, try again (137 downloads so far).

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    That's also the reason why we don't have First Cohorts: we simply don't have enough different ones in DBM for five Roman factions in two sets needed (one early with chain mail and one later with LS).
    Get someone to make some maybe? But Fair enough, again love your work, keep it up!
    Last edited by isa0005; May 02, 2015 at 09:03 AM.

GROB's Avatar Civis

Icon10 Re: Imperium Romanum - Roman Civil War Mod (Based on DBM)

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post
    They are all there, try again (137 downloads so far).
    KEA, excellent mod. Im also looking forward to your PI mod when you finish. We will have three great masterpieces to play. DBM, PI, and of course EB2. Who needs R2 and ATTILA, when we have these great mods. Thankyou for your hard work and patience.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Great work I long time longed to play TW mod starting in principate period

Libertus

KEA, a recommended level of difficulty in sabmode?
    Thanks again, you have done a lot of work!

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ZSV View Post
    KEA, a recommended level of difficulty in sabmode?
    Economy isn't so important in this mod, because depending on your starting position, your huge armies will either quickly break you or you will be swimming in money because you control a couple of trading centers. So, campaign difficulty wouldn't play a major role for these short campaigns.

Concerning battle difficulty, I have restated all units because the legionaries were nearly indestructible in DBM. This had made very boring endless battles when both sides field Roman legions. So, I have been using the tables I had used for PI to restat everything. Roman legionaries are still on top of the food chain, but no longer god-like. When they go toe-to-toe with Gallic heavies, for example, they are in serious trouble because those have a better attack and better moral by using the same heavy armor. So when you play Caesar in "The First Triumvirate", you should make sure your lads had been able to release all pila before getting close with those three-silver-chevron Gallic elites. Otherwise you might be finding yourself on the receiving end.

In the later scenarios the armies would be very similar because there are uniform auxilias for all Roman factions. Everything was stated to give logical results in M difficulty. Using any other battle difficulty will most likely result in odd things happening during battle.
    Last edited by KEA; May 03, 2015 at 03:51 AM.

Game Front- it really don't like people from EU.
    I'll find a way to play your superb mod! It's a must have for me.

Thank you
    ---------------

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Séleucos Nikator View Post
    Hi,

Your submod looks great! I want to download it but the links on gamefront don't work... I have "File not found"...
    If you live in one of the "banned countries" then you should use proxy server to download from GF.
    Last edited by Demon Soul; May 03, 2015 at 05:10 AM.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Quote Originally Posted by Séleucos Nikator View Post
    Hi,

I have also the same problem. Why not using eitheir Mega/Google Drive or torrent????

one1
    If you live in one of the "banned countries" then you should use proxy server to download from GF.

can somebody please upload a torrent? I'm in the EU

Quote Originally Posted by babay11 View Post
    one1

Ya, I understand that. But why not use a service that could serve everyone, faster and cleaner, being an example the ones I suggested? And is the first time that gamefront didn't allow me to download stuff. It is also very strange how can gamefront disallow countries from the EU to download from them, since UE is one of the biggest market that they could grab. It's completely illogical and irrational.

Hmm, I can't launch any campaign
    I'm using Steam M2W and how can I start game from GIOCA DBM.bat?
    Last edited by Demon Soul; May 03, 2015 at 09:48 AM.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

KEA's Avatar Senator

By double-clicking on the bat

I was clicking on it before but an error occurred: "windows can;t find kingdoms.exe".
    I also have EB2 and your PI. Both are working fine.
    If I launch DBM via steam I see scenarios but there's nothing more I can do.

edit:
    aaa, I think I know what's the problem is. To install this submod I need to make a folder "Imperium Romanum" in DBM folder?
    Last edited by Demon Soul; May 03, 2015 at 10:15 AM.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Soul View Post
    aaa, I think I know what's the problem is. To install this submod I need to make a folder "Imperium Romanum" in DBM folder?
    No, you need to follow the install instructions. When you unrar it to the mod folder it will create the needed IR folder. Make sure you don't have everything inside a second folder "Imperium Romanum" inside that folder.

Libertus

KEA, I have in the unzipped folder Imperium Romanum in folder text does not exist file export_buildings.txt, but only a bin-file and 14 files campaigns_regions_and_settlement_names extension only bin. This is a bug with downloading fashion, or it should be?

I'm confused and I know that I need help
    The path should look like this:
    D:...\mods\"original M2W name folder <like teutonic> for DBM"\DBM files AND IR folder with files in it
    or
    D:...\mods\"original M2W name folder <like teutonic> for DBM"\and IR in separate folder alongside teutonic??

In both cases submod wont start from .bat file. The IR folder don't contain additional IR folder.

edit:
    I think the main problem is steam version of the M2W.

edit2:
    Still can't find solution to successfully start specific scenario- the "Next" button in choosing which side to play screen is broken, every time I click on it, it takes me back to scenarios menu.
    Last edited by Demon Soul; May 06, 2015 at 12:37 PM.

Create a folder on your desktop, unzip it in that, downloaded from geyfront. Insert a blank DBM and copy from a folder on the desktop contents of the folder with the replacement of DBM files .....ok?

KEA's Avatar Senator

I didn't expect this installation process to be too difficult. Ok, I have added images to the first post that will clear things up.

@ ZSV
    That's intended