Thread: Editing hiatorical battles script

Default Editing hiatorical battles script

Hi guys, I want to edit some battles script to make the more realistic/ enjoyable, but using PFM in the script folders I can't find the battle .xml files for some of them, alesia for example has only a screenshot file, while I succeed in doing this for Carthage, changing some units and editing parameter, I have bought the original game and have all patches, so if you can tell me something about where to find these missing files in the database rome2 data.pack I would appreciate..or if anyone could send me via mail only the folder "script" relating historical battles in datarome2.pack complete so I can edit all the battles it would be great, thanks a lot andrenex@hotmail.it

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Editing hiatorical battles script

the alesia battle is in the gaul pack. I think you only get it by buying the Ceasar in Gaul dlc.

I have all the dlcs, patch etc, so I must have that file but there isn't, could someone send it to me? I have all the other battles having all the dlc and so alesia, but the only script of alesia taht I have is a strange useless file, I miss the al_battle.xml

strange, you should have a gaul.pack in your rome 2 data folder. pm sent.

Thank you so much!!! I had just searched in data.rome 2 pack cause all the other battles were there, but for some reason alesia is the only one that is not there and is in gaul pack! Thank you I found it

Just one more question...do you know how to elongate the time between gaul waves?

I took a quick glance at the battle script and it seems like the waves start after you have defeated a certain amount of troops. I have not tired to do anything with battle scripts despite changing units and unit numbers in battle xmls. It might be possible to change the trigger.... seems like a time consuming and complicated process.

Thanks a lot Litharion. I was looking for to edit the historical battles. +rep

† Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat