Thread: BOB failed to process startpos

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Default BOB failed to process startpos

Sounds a bit like a broken record around here, but so far BOB has been stubborn and failed to yield any startpos.esf for me, even for the most simple of tasks. For instance I tried moving Stilicho's army to Ravenna (using this tutorial http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Assembly-Kit).

When I try to process it with BOB the splash screen hangs for about 2 minutes, then closes and the log gives me the following message. 'Failed to move startpos file to Assembly Kit working data!' Which is less than useful.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Default Re: BOB failed to process startpos

Same for me. Have been trying for hours. Always the startpos that seems to fail only and to me that is the most interesting of the Assembly kit. Hope they will fix it or that somebody comes up with a solution.

Same here, wasted hours trying to start work on a new campaign scenario... No matter how minuscule the change it won't process - I even tried only the smallest of things to see if they work and nope. BOB does not like start_pos it seems... Sigh.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Oh. Though I am the only one. I even failed to do the simplest task which is changing turns per year from 4 to 12.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

I get a processing issue too whenever I try to save my Battlefield with Ted.

Can anyone even get it to produce a vanilla startpos? The thing just seems bugged/broken right now to me. Can't get it to do anything.

Here i am thinking i will buy Attila to try this kit,but doesn't look that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Can anyone even get it to produce a vanilla startpos? The thing just seems bugged/broken right now to me. Can't get it to do anything.
    Nope, nothing works. I guess my mod is on hold till they fix this.

Wow... looks like BOB has never worked... and still isn't i can confirm..... gg CA.. not!

Nothing like being a year late to the party, but a fix was found by username: GrudgeNL here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...s-building-fix
    The problem is caused by conflicting Startpos files trying to load, while BOB is processing. The fix just involves unticking all mod files, then loading up your copy of total war (i.e. vanilla total war).
    Once you exit the game, you'll be able to process through BOB without any problems. If this doesn't work I won't be able to suggest any other fixes, I'm just spreading the knowledge, but I can personally claim that it's worked for me.

And here we are, a year later LOL!
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

I can confirm the fix suggested by GrudgeNL worked for me as well.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, of the Imperial House of Hader

My one keeps saying this:

Timed out. Couldn't locate launcher and game processes.

=====================================
    Duration: 1 min(s)

How do you get it to locate the launcher. I tried reinstalling Attila and the Modding Tools, But still I'm getting this.
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

You need to keep Steam open. You might have to manually open Steam while BOB processes the startpos before the "start Attila" message opens up.
    Last edited by Charerg; September 06, 2016 at 10:25 AM.

Ok Got it up but now it the time it say to take to process it goes up right now looking at 11 hours and I aborted it. Is suppose to do that?
    Last edited by Man of West Gondor; September 19, 2016 at 10:00 PM.
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

No, it isn't supposed to take 11 hours, though Attila can take 5-10 min to process it.

I have the same problem here (i.e. Bob launches Attila and Attila freezes). I'm editing the Magyars into another faction and BOB fails to process the startpos no matter what I do. I stripped down the changes to the startpos as much as I could. Only thing left that were edited were the startpos_factions (the edited faction to make it playable and the added separatist faction for that faction).

I'm clueless as to what is causing the issue. I've unticked all mods, moved them to a separate folder while I process. I've checked to see for corrupted files and I can make a vanilla startpos just fine. The changes I made are minor, I'm completely lost as to what I did wrong. Some help would be appreciated.

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by zsimmortal View Post
    I have the same problem here (i.e. Bob launches Attila and Attila freezes). I'm editing the Magyars into another faction and BOB fails to process the startpos no matter what I do. I stripped down the changes to the startpos as much as I could. Only thing left that were edited were the startpos_factions (the edited faction to make it playable and the added separatist faction for that faction).

I'm clueless as to what is causing the issue. I've unticked all mods, moved them to a separate folder while I process. I've checked to see for corrupted files and I can make a vanilla startpos just fine. The changes I made are minor, I'm completely lost as to what I did wrong. Some help would be appreciated.
    I haven't changed any unplayable factions into playable myself, but Magnar has a video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLhtQ-DVSDc.

However, Magnar mentions that in Attila you have to do what he did (he adds a new faction to Rome2), and also add a "front end leader" to the new faction (the dude you see in the faction selection window). Like I said, I haven't done this personally, but I suspect the reason your modifications don't work is because there's something necessary that you didn't do (most likely the lack of a front end leader), rather than there being some flaw with the changes that you did.

I have found the answer to this problem. For some reason, you need to add the associated sections (with the startpos changes, like the political parties of startpos_characters) of the db in the campaign folder of raw data (thanks to Miguel_80 for guiding me in his thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mbly-Kit-fails). What I did was copy the XML files in raw_data that were changed (I did all of them, but I assume quite a few aren't necessary) and moved them to the main_attila folder in raw_data/empiredesigndata/campaigns. I did the same thing with the edited parts in working_data. Add the sub folders there to the same campaign folder as the one you edited the startpos of. Then you can process the startpos with BOB and IT WORKS.

Happy modding everyone!

zsimmortal
    Kudos to you ! Unbelievable but it really fixes the issue !