Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Total War: ATTILA - Assembly Kit Released!

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Assembly Kit Released!

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Agreed. Also it took a while for Rome 1 and Med 2 Tw to have their own music inserted. Rome 2 has only been out a year and half, and a new game plus announced new game has been released since. Give it some time and you will see modding composers comeout with their own work for Rome 2.

Took me a few days to get Rome 1 Music mods working, Medieveal was a little more tricky but same priciple.

Oh how i miss the easy days of 'Tension, Marching, Battle'

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I had that problem, too. I tried to install the tools on a different hard drive than the main game.
    Did you install your tools in the same partition as the game? If not, it won't work.
    I'm sorry but I don't know how to do that

Also I haven't got any program called Terry installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't know how to do that

Also I haven't got any program called Terry installed.
    Open TWEAK and click on Tools. You'll see Terry listed. Will update the main download thread to inform people of this thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Is there an error log somewhere within the tools ? For example I modded something simple with Tweak (like changing turns per year from 4 to 12), save it and then use BoB to process but the process didn't complete. It just shows red color (and something about process failed). Anywhere it's listed what caused the failure (like -show_err function on old RTW game) ?
    If BOB crashes, it should produce a log here: Total War Attila\assembly_kit\binaries\bob_error.txt

Doesn't always though. You can see why BOB failed usually by expanding it's processes and waiting to see what line turns red.

@ Darren or CA
    We are a team, and we want to create a mod called Greeks at War, it is in Rome 2 WoS campaign.
    But we have some find some errors at the campaign map in WoS, the errors are that near all the battle maps flat, in places that in reality are mountains, the Athens battle map and Sparta the battle map also!
    So we want to add more height, the Long walls of Athens and Sparta without walls.
    My question is can we and all modders, have the raw data from WoS campaign to use them with the TeD tool for Attila?
    Thank you
    Last edited by morfeasnikos; May 02, 2015 at 09:57 AM.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWhichThinks View Post
    So exciting! One thing I want to try and add is an encampment "fortification" (basically just some tents and civilians, maybe a couple of barricades) for battle maps in which you attack an encamped horde.
    good to hear some ppl works on Hordes.. as they not that preferred by most ppl. (I love them)

so, adding barricades should be easy stuff in battle map (even without the kit) but hmm tents civilians might require a bit more work
    and well you know, actually tents can be seen on battle map already, but OUTSIDE of the battle area only.. and no civilians at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    (..)Oh how i miss the easy days of 'Tension, Marching, Battle'
    You are not the only one man, u are not, at all!

Hi Darren. My problem with TED is that when I place trees (or any vegetation) on my battle map and save it, I get the message "hand placed vegetation is outside all exclusion zones" and all of the trees are removed during the save. Buildings work fine and I can save them, but not vegetation. If I open up a new tile and place only 1 tree on it, the same thing happens.

SOLVED. In order to place trees on the map, you must first draw an exclusion zone, then place your vegetation within that zone. Any vegetation outside that zone will be removed during the save.
    Last edited by von stoker; May 03, 2015 at 09:39 PM.

Kudos,CA. Can't wait to see this skilled people make some nice mod. Seems like you can do many things with this kit. Good for the game as it will give it a longer life.

Creative Assembly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Thank you...How dificult will be to see some real Roman walls in low tier Roman cities in the following patches?
    Question to your DEV team.
    Please remove barbarian walls from Roman cities and those aufull bellfries that you have them as towers!!!
    Ussing Rome II and slightly remodeled towers you would save time and be much more accurate!
    Please do not DESCRASE Roman Empire!!!
    EDIT:
    These are NOT roman walls and those Age og Empires II bellfries are NOT Roman towers!

What prevent you of ussing Rome II walls and Gates instead of barbarian consept?
    Even in Towns that wooden fences are decorative you could Add gateless gates and real towers and replace the wooden fences with inaccessable walls! Atleast that way players would feel that defend or attack Roman Citiies.
    That includes Sassanid -eastern towns and cities!
    Your team created a wonderfull set of buildings and their textures and you destroy the feeling with a sluppy work????
    Seconded. A massive annoyance for me (and anyone with the slighted inclination towards authenticity)
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    Seconded. A massive annoyance for me (and anyone with the slighted inclination towards authenticity)
    What bothers me is the fact that CA deveopers did not need much work to make new Roman settlements exept some new textures for walls!
    For example..
    Villages and tier 2 and tier 3 Roman settlements have wooden decorative walls arround them with wooden towers and large open spaces to allow AI to invade.
    No matter the fact that this feature is a direct proof of AI inability to take fortified settlements, CA could do it pleasant to have.
    I explain:
    Villages with decorative wooden walls and towers as they are in Attila now.
    Tier 2 and 3 settlements with stone decorative walls and with large gateless gates with one "rome 2 " style tower in each gate.
    Like the one there is in the end of the bridge.

The inner defences of the same style!
    Abbout region capitals all CA had to do was to adjust rome II walls (make shorter versions) for tier 1 and tier 2 cities.
    Tier 3 and tier 4 should use Rome II walls, gate and towers with Rome II textures as well!!!!

The only diference in ERE towers could be the removal of roof and replace them with rambards!

You see Romans recruited barbarians as soldiers, they did not transformed their cities to barbarian ones!
    For God's shake CA developers PLEASE give us real Roman cities in the following patches!!
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; May 02, 2015 at 11:22 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Spadde View Post
    im new, can someone explain to me what kind of new possibilities this will open? For example will it be possible to create a new fort like this one: "http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lpH10cFXjjo/S88Hy5dPclI/AAAAAAAAClo/qIBsGlzSdfI/s1600/genericum_01.jpg" for the romans?
    I already messed around with it is entirely possible. But for gameplay purposes the fort has to be larger and the buildings should prob be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    I already messed around with it is entirely possible. But for gameplay purposes the fort has to be larger and the buildings should prob be removed.
    Does this mean that you already work on Roman settlements?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_CA View Post
    If BOB crashes, it should produce a log here: Total War Attila\assembly_kit\binaries\bob_error.txt

Doesn't always though. You can see why BOB failed usually by expanding it's processes and waiting to see what line turns red.
    Yeash. I got this actually.

=== Campaign / Process start pos (main_attila) ===
    Failed to move startpos file to Assembly Kit working data!

=====================================
    Duration: 2 min(s)
    Looks like tool error rather than user generated error.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Congratulations CA, and thank you so much.
    I have two questions.

#1 If TED combined with TERRY allow us to create new city maps, how can we prepare for the siege path finding issues facing the AI? Because, if we do not get access to the path finding tools, then this entire idea of building new cities is completely wasted, and nobody will bother with it.

#2 Will you in the future support the modding of sound effects and voices?
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawire View Post
    I have two questions.

#1 If TED combined with TERRY allow us to create new city maps, how can we prepare for the siege path finding issues facing the AI? Because, if we do not get access to the path finding tools, then this entire idea of building new cities is completely wasted, and nobody will bother with it.
    Fair observation!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_CA View Post
    Hi all, we’re pleased to announce that the Steam Workshop is now live for Total War: Attila! To get you started in the world of modding, we’ve also released the Assembly Kit BETA for Total War: Attila, which you can download now. For those unfamiliar, the Assembly Kit is a free package of tools which will allow modders and enthusiasts alike to unleash their creative potential in the form of battle maps, units, campaign overhauls and much more.

For just a quick summary of what is in the Assembly Kit, check out our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gci9nYvto3s

The Assembly Kit for Total War: Attila contains all of the tools we released with Total War: Rome II’s Assembly Kit and adds even more. Most notably, with the new tools you’ll now be able to create battle maps or “tiles” with TEd, these can be land, sea or settlements and even historical battles. They will also work in multiplayer if all players have the map downloaded.

You can now also change campaign map aesthetics with Terry, such as lighting and props and now with the Terrain Raw Data, you can link your custom battle tiles to any location on the campaign map, including cities!

IMPORTANT– PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING ‘TERRAIN RAW DATA’!
    The Terrain Raw Data is an optional extra download, it contains huge amounts of data and will expand to near 60GB on your hard drive. You will need the Terrain Raw Data pack to be able to use Terry (and to be able to make proper use of TEd, though you can start from scratch without it).

For more information about The Assembly Kit for Total War: Attila, check out the wiki page for instructions on how to download and be sure to read our extensive documentation that will help you get to grips with all of the tools it has to offer. http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/ATTILA_Assembly_Kit

We also have a new dedicated Assembly Kit BETA section on our forums, so be sure to post any feedback you have there. http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...A-Assembly-Kit

Happy Modding!

-Darren

One more time - What about the family tree? can we change it or add it for the minor factions?

Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Thomahawk2k's Avatar Civis

@Jerusalem
    I've seen the family relationship table is full with relationships, so I presume you can mod them, pretty sure you have to make character that should be family in the same subfaction...
    @Darren
    Every time I try to compile my startpos I get the following error:

Failed to move startpos file to Assembly Kit working data!

=====================================
    Duration: 2 min(s)

When in the loading screen of Attila while compiling, no crashes have occured...

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawire View Post
    I have two questions.

I think their said you can not edit the phat findind on the campainmap, battlemaps ai cann hopefully editet to full extant

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Does this mean that you already work on Roman settlements?
    I am trying to learn how to use Ted2. It is not exactly the same as Shoguns. I am working on making a playable hadrians wall. I have to figure out how to make the deployment zones work and then turn the tile into a battlefield so it can show up in custom battles. That I have not done.

The Assembly Kit for Total War: Attila contains all of the tools we released with Total War: Rome II’s Assembly Kit and adds even more. Most notably, with the new tools you’ll now be able to create battle maps or “tiles” with TEd, these can be land, sea or settlements and even historical battles.
    It's great that we now have these map tools, but will we ever get these tools for Rome II? The dark ages weren't exactly known for it's great architecture. There are those of us who still enjoy playing Rome II, and the Classical era is a much better period to put these kinds tools to the test. Many of us have waiting for something like this since before Rome II came out. Who doesn't want to see more unique ancient cities such as Jerusalem, Syracuse, or Antioch from the Classical era? It would be a huge disappointment to have map tools for Attila (a great game) but not Rome.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast