Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Total War: ATTILA - Assembly Kit Released!

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Assembly Kit Released!

For some reason when I try to use Ted, the interface seems to be really low res and I have to click quite a bit beside the buttons to hit them.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Hey darren, kudos to yourself and the TW team for this. Quick question though, for us poor audio modders, any idea on Wwise? I still have the program, but without the state paths the mods are useless. Can we get the TW Atilla Wwise templates? That would be fantastic (if you throw in Unit/Environment noises, ill have your babies)

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_CA View Post
    Hi all, we’re pleased to announce that the Steam Workshop is now live for Total War: Attila! To get you started in the world of modding, we’ve also released the Assembly Kit BETA for Total War: Attila, which you can download now. For those unfamiliar, the Assembly Kit is a free package of tools which will allow modders and enthusiasts alike to unleash their creative potential in the form of battle maps, units, campaign overhauls and much more.

For just a quick summary of what is in the Assembly Kit, check out our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gci9nYvto3s

The Assembly Kit for Total War: Attila contains all of the tools we released with Total War: Rome II’s Assembly Kit and adds even more. Most notably, with the new tools you’ll now be able to create battle maps or “tiles” with TEd, these can be land, sea or settlements and even historical battles. They will also work in multiplayer if all players have the map downloaded.

You can now also change campaign map aesthetics with Terry, such as lighting and props and now with the Terrain Raw Data, you can link your custom battle tiles to any location on the campaign map, including cities!

IMPORTANT– PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING ‘TERRAIN RAW DATA’!
    The Terrain Raw Data is an optional extra download, it contains huge amounts of data and will expand to near 60GB on your hard drive. You will need the Terrain Raw Data pack to be able to use Terry (and to be able to make proper use of TEd, though you can start from scratch without it).

For more information about The Assembly Kit for Total War: Attila, check out the wiki page for instructions on how to download and be sure to read our extensive documentation that will help you get to grips with all of the tools it has to offer. http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/ATTILA_Assembly_Kit

We also have a new dedicated Assembly Kit BETA section on our forums, so be sure to post any feedback you have there. http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...A-Assembly-Kit

Happy Modding!

-Darren
    Where can we download Terrain Raw Data ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

You need to check the DLC part (in option) of the modding tools. The terrain raw data is here

Quote Originally Posted by agent 47 View Post
    Noice.

Anyone know if its possible or even legal to import rome 2 battle map assets into Attila?

Ye you could make that in 15 minutes I'd imagine using ted. It would be completely unplayable though, there's nowhere to deploy your troops.

Oh you mean because the houses are in the way for the infantry to move around?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    For some reason when I try to use Ted, the interface seems to be really low res and I have to click quite a bit beside the buttons to hit them.

We're looking into fixing this. If you full screen the editor it isn't a problem, but thats really only an option for people with 2 monitors. (You need to drag out the tool windows to your other screen, then the "game" screen is full and the mouse works where it should.

It's a translation issue where the co-ordinates of our in game pointer are confined to the white box where you can edit. The windows mouse get's translated to that position then. You'll notice the further left your mouse is (or closer to zero on x axis) the more accurate the mouse is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    Hey darren, kudos to yourself and the TW team for this. Quick question though, for us poor audio modders, any idea on Wwise? I still have the program, but without the state paths the mods are useless. Can we get the TW Atilla Wwise templates? That would be fantastic (if you throw in Unit/Environment noises, ill have your babies)

No official response yet, but I think it was a heavy time and money invesment last time and we'd need to re buy the license again. We were hoping for more composers out there to put their own music in the game so we could feature it, but instead everyone just used movie OSTs (which while it is very cool) actually has legal implications to it in terms of copyright by just even being there.

So we're working on it, but no official response yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Where can we download Terrain Raw Data ?

Here is a how to download thread, just to make sure you get it done right!

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ow-To-Download

W

No official response yet, but I think it was a heavy time and money invesment last time and we'd need to re buy the license again. We were hoping for more composers out there to put their own music in the game so we could feature it, but instead everyone just used movie OSTs (which while it is very cool) actually has legal implications to it in terms of copyright by just even being there.

I have no idea what you mean lol >_>

Indeed im aware of the legal ramifications which would make it awkward for CA, and i understand that the license would be expensive (ive seen the license price!) But yes i know its not a vital area but audio modding does help to add a bit of aesthetic spice into the game, espeially since Jeff Van Dyk is not on board these days

If CA brought Jeff back on board, wed have no reason for audio modding

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

damn :/

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

We're looking into fixing this. If you full screen the editor it isn't a problem, but thats really only an option for people with 2 monitors. (You need to drag out the tool windows to your other screen, then the "game" screen is full and the mouse works where it should.

It's a translation issue where the co-ordinates of our in game pointer are confined to the white box where you can edit. The windows mouse get's translated to that position then. You'll notice the further left your mouse is (or closer to zero on x axis) the more accurate the mouse is.

Here is a how to download thread, just to make sure you get it done right!

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ow-To-Download
    Can we have our custom walls (we make correct wall height to match siege engines but we add some more details). And will our custom walls work with destroy animation?

Is the map, the most important thing, moddable ? Can you create new campaign map or modify ground in the existing one ?
    I samo dotle, do tog kamena,do tog bedema,
    Nogom ces stupit, mozda poganom,drznes li dalje?...Cuces gromove
    Kako tisinu zemlje slobodne...Sa grmljavinom strasnom kidaju;
    Razumeces ih srcem strasljivim...Sta ti sa smelim glasom govore,
    Pa ces o stenja tvrdom kamenu
    Brijane glave teme celavo
    U zanosnome strahu lupati...
    Al' jedan izraz, jednu misao,
    Čućeš u borbe strašnoj lomljavi:
    "Otadžbina je ovo Srbina!..."

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Really dig that bloom effect, when selecting a white Linothorax :3

I am seriously sitting with sunglass's on
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; April 30, 2015 at 10:05 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Is there an error log somewhere within the tools ? For example I modded something simple with Tweak (like changing turns per year from 4 to 12), save it and then use BoB to process but the process didn't complete. It just shows red color (and something about process failed). Anywhere it's listed what caused the failure (like -show_err function on old RTW game) ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

I had the same problem as LestaT. I have spent hours trying to get anything from startpos to work, but without any positive result.

Shader Plugin for 3ds Max 2015

I just installed 3ds Max 2015 since the Assembly Kit contains also a shader plugin for this version. But the plugin doesn't seem to work or to work properly.

Screen 1
    This appears when I load a raw file without changing anything:

Screen 2
    And this appears when I load the DirectX shader into the material:

I'm not able able to select any technique or to work with slots in a right way. The standard_lightning_assembly_kit.fx file is correctly stored in 3ds Max 2015\maps\fx. Will the issue be fixed?

Thanks in advance!
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

So exciting! One thing I want to try and add is an encampment "fortification" (basically just some tents and civilians, maybe a couple of barricades) for battle maps in which you attack an encamped horde.

Ok, I got Ted to work like I want it to work now, but there is still something about it I don't like.

There are lots of buildings from the game missing in Ted. Did I miss something, or do we just not get everything to work with?

EDIT: nvm, I found out that this building consists of multiple buildings stacked on top of each other xD
    Last edited by Prof; April 30, 2015 at 03:50 PM.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    I have no idea what you mean lol >_>

Indeed im aware of the legal ramifications which would make it awkward for CA, and i understand that the license would be expensive (ive seen the license price!) But yes i know its not a vital area but audio modding does help to add a bit of aesthetic spice into the game, espeially since Jeff Van Dyk is not on board these days

If CA brought Jeff back on board, wed have no reason for audio modding
    Agreed. Also it took a while for Rome 1 and Med 2 Tw to have their own music inserted. Rome 2 has only been out a year and half, and a new game plus announced new game has been released since. Give it some time and you will see modding composers comeout with their own work for Rome 2.
    Last edited by UMCenturion; April 30, 2015 at 06:30 PM.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

When starting ted the console comes up byt after around a minute closes, nothing else happens

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    When starting ted the console comes up byt after around a minute closes, nothing else happens
    I had that problem, too. I tried to install the tools on a different hard drive than the main game.
    Did you install your tools in the same partition as the game? If not, it won't work.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Let thy loins be blessed.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast