Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Total War: ATTILA - Assembly Kit Released!

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Assembly Kit Released!

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawire View Post
    Congratulations CA, and thank you so much.
    I have two questions.

#1 If TED combined with TERRY allow us to create new city maps, how can we prepare for the siege path finding issues facing the AI? Because, if we do not get access to the path finding tools, then this entire idea of building new cities is completely wasted, and nobody will bother with it.

#2 Will you in the future support the modding of sound effects and voices?
    He already said maybe, but licensing issues are forbidding them.

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Looks like there are Siege AI hint polygons available inside TED

Going to recreate Syracuse.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Where and when can we expect a tutorial on TED? Darren said he was working one.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawire View Post
    Looks like there are Siege AI hint polygons available inside TED

Going to recreate Syracuse.
    Thessalonike , Alexandreia and Antiochea considered important cities. In fact Thessalonike almost became the EREs capital before Constantinople was about to be chosen.
    Thessalonike considered as Co-Capital of the Empire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thessalonike.JPG   Thessalonike.png  
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

So when is a potential date for a fix for this thing?
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

yeah its sorta ...redundant I think to release a mod tools which has glaringly not working aspects. like exporting maps for example.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    So when is a potential date for a fix for this thing?
    if ur asking about modding tools then it should be next week, if i understood Darren_CA correctly in todays twitch stream
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

The tools have been updated! Check out this thread for more details:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post14515307

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_CA View Post
    The tools have been updated! Check out this thread for more details:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post14515307
    Hey I known this bug from the release, and haven't reported it (shame on me)

But everytime I try to "add mesh reference" it crash, in tweak, I mostly by pass it by putting the files in the right folder, and restart it.

it is just a minor annoyance.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Getting there. I've managed to get Bob to save a map tile into a pack file. Put it in the Attila data folder and it showed up in game. Loaded the battle but it froze as soon as the battle loaded. Tried a couple of changes and the next time I loaded it I got an incompatible mods message. (removed all mods. Same message). Most likely something I've done wrong but at least Bob is processing the maps now.
    Last edited by von stoker; June 26, 2015 at 10:18 PM.

Managed to get a very basic map working ingame. Still trying to get a completed map in. Keep getting the incompatible mod for that one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attila map test.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	348.2 KB 
ID:	326743

May be some thing to do with props (as mentioned some time ago in one of the forums) because I pasted a later version of the fort into the working map and got the incompatible mods message when I started Attila.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Its actually pretty easy to get a basic terrain map saved and complete. but once adding things for siege maps it becomes complicated.

I have made a battlemap and I can play it in custom battles. Quite a big map.

2 issues as far as I know:
    1. When the AI is the defender it positions the army in one of the corners, that's a bit odd with such a big map.
    2. The edges of the map (the horizon and the places to escape to) are lined with water, like a river and mountains... Can it have to do with that I picked the model of an Atlantic map? Sounds likely.

Now, how do I get this map in the grand campaign? Can I assign coordinates for the tile somewhere? Or do I have to do it in TED, I think when you load a tile you can choose between battle and campaign, maybe it's there?
    Last edited by Viking1978; July 02, 2015 at 04:39 AM.

glad there's a tutorial, I was loosing hope, first time I saw the kit, it was a juggled mess in my eyes, Rome 2 one was so much simpler looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_CA View Post
    Open TWEAK and click on Tools. You'll see Terry listed. Will update the main download thread to inform people of this thanks.
    Hi
    I found that tool but when I run it suddenly it crashes?!!

what is the reason?!!

pls help

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234