Thread: Europe 1919

NauDaModder's Avatar Civis

Default Europe 1919

So, I know that 5.2 is coming with Ukraine and Poland, so would it be possible to make a campaign set in 1919. The British and French would be fighting against the Turks in the Turkish War of Independence while Germany struggles to recover from the war. Soviet Russia invades Poland, and the Ukrainian Republic.

Default Re: Europe 1919

Quote Originally Posted by NauDaModder View Post
    So, I know that 5.2 is coming with Ukraine and Poland, so would it be possible to make a campaign set in 1919. The British and French would be fighting against the Turks in the Turkish War of Independence while Germany struggles to recover from the war. Soviet Russia invades Poland, and the Ukrainian Republic.
    I'm unsure how that Turkish War would play out, but I kinda like the idea of a post world war scenario.

NauDaModder's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Pariah View Post
    I'm unsure how that Turkish War would play out, but I kinda like the idea of a post world war scenario.

There could be a small British and French expeditionary force. Perhaps history could be altered and Turkey might invade Greece.

jockey34's Avatar Laetus

Me and the developer himself have been discussing this scenario. I am currently developing a stratpos mod for it but it is on a halt since it is having issues.

Might I suggest you wait then? Reason being is that in the next update, they'll be adding all sorts of new nations specifically post-WWI. So it might be a lot easier to work the StartPos with the new installment.

jockey34's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic Pariah View Post
    Might I suggest you wait then? Reason being is that in the next update, they'll be adding all sorts of new nations specifically post-WWI. So it might be a lot easier to work the StartPos with the new installment.
    Many ideas are being put to use, The year that it may start it was gonna be 1919, but until B-Dizl releases 5.2 and gives it to me for me to start working on it, all we can do is wait.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

5.2 won't feature any major changes in DB structure. If you want to make new units etc there is no reason you can't begin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    5.2 won't feature any major changes in DB structure. If you want to make new units etc there is no reason you can't begin.
    Fortunately they don't have to do much. Buuuuuuut, I think they should also take the time to rework some of the Uniforms (specifically for Ireland because I find their German Helmets hilarious).

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Interestingly Irish rebels were going t be equipped by the Germans during ww1.

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Rather see more of this
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipO'Hayda View Post
    Rather see more of this
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Well, Ireland would be a sovereign nation at this point. So, maybe there will be early and late units here too? I don't know.

Though I will suggest this to the 1919 production. They should make LMG's be infantry rather than artillery and have like BARs, Chauchets, MG08s, Lewis guns and stuff like that. Maybe some Brens too for later, I don't know. That's something I didn't like about TGW. :/

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

For what its worth here was my idea for the campaign that i pitched to the team. They werent interested in getting into another campaign until 5.2 is finished and now im not sure ill ever have the time to do it so ill at least post my ideas for it for you guys.

So heres my idea for an additional campaign that shouldnt take much work and will expand the scope of our mod by quite alot. The campaign will start in either 1918 or 1919 and will feature all the emergents as playable, including Ireland.

It will be called either "Aftermath:The Road to WW2" or "Aftermath:The Versailles Campaign", Germany will start as Weimar Republic and Russia will start as USSR. I would like to have it so if a revolution happens in Germany they become the Nazis (Which we already have a flag for) and if Italy revolts they become fascist Italy under Mussolini.

Buildings will be about half way til the max building (showing some building progression during the war) but not maxed out so that the player will have something to build (also accounting for all the damage caused by the war0. Germany will be quite weak however as well as USSR, having just completed the revolution. Tech as well will be rather far along allowing for trench warfare units(such as tanks mgs and heavy arty) being available at the start of the campaign.