Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Huge Battle Preview in OP

I'm not promising any release dates, but progress is going quickly (I just finished the Stark roster), so I'm shooting for a few months. Still, we'll have to wait and see...

Edit: I have a job that needs doing, by the way, and fortunately it isn't too hard. Right now I have it so that a unit is only available to its parent faction in the "early" period for custom battled. In the "high" period its the same, but factions can also add mercs. The "All" period crashes due to hardcoded M2TW limits on the number of units that can be displayed (every unit is available to every faction on the campaign map, but that means the game tries to display over 300 units in the "all" period).

One fun thing I'd like to implement is a system where in the "late" period, a faction has access to every roster from its "kingdom". AKA, the late period Starks would have access to Bolton, Dustin, and Umber units, etc. This would allow for custom battles with a greater variety of units, and it would let people fight "civil wars" between the armies of a single faction if they wanted. If anyone is down do go through the units and change their "era 3" ownership to all factions in that kingdom PM me! It doesn't require a ton of skill if you're new to modding .
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; May 12, 2015 at 05:00 PM.

I'm currently in the process of making all the text bigger.[/QUOTE]

BTW, here's a quick Let's Mod video for anyone interested in how to make shield textures (at the end there's a sneak-peek of some Stark and Bolton units).

Ι just saw your video and is amazing,
    Υou are making great and hard work Αdmiral!
    Νow you are completing the boltons roster?
    We are going to see the Red King?

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    BTW, here's a quick Let's Mod video for anyone interested in how to make shield textures (at the end there's a sneak-peek of some Stark and Bolton units).

Very good!

This has to be my favourite Mod going, that new 2.0 map is the stuff of dreams.

Sorry if you already covered this in the pages of replies, but in the OP you mentioned you would value some help with writing? I presume things like condensed histories to go on the crown ancillaries and similar. I'm decent at writing stuff like that, and I have the World of Ice and Fire to assist me with Lore If you need me, just let me know and "You have my sword"

Also, just a thought- you didn't mention Artwork (for splash screens, loading screens etc) is that because you already have some sorted, or..? I think it would make a great comp to have artists produce work for this. I myself am working on a watercolour of an Andal explorer which would be suitable. If you're interested PM me

PM sent! We could definetly use the help .

Also, if anyone knows about unit balancing, we could use a hand with that too! I've got ~2/3 of the rosters done (models/textures/etc), but the unit stats are still pretty imbalanced so I could definetly use a hand with that.

Default Age of Petty Kings economy question

Hey, I have just begun playing age of petty kings and I can't seem to figure out how to make money when playing as the Stormkings, the first few rounds are all right, with me at about 1000 gold per turn but now all of a sudden I am at -680 gold per turn. I do realise that it could have been my troop upkeep, but I was not having any trouble with that on any of the previous turns.It's like all my money just got burnt up by someone. Any advice on this is greatly appreciated

Default Re: Age of Petty Kings economy question

Sure! First off, check if you have any sellswords. They have a ridiculously high upkeep so it isn't worth keeping them for more than a turn or two. Also, make sure you keep expanding and sacking castles, as that will pay for your armies. Hope this helps .

PS: Generally speaking, specific submod questions go in that submod's thread. It's probably cool this time, but if anyone else has AOPK questions its best to ask in there. Thanks!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Battle of the Greenfork Preview in OP

great work here - just discovered your updates

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Battle of the Greenfork Preview in OP

Here's another Let's Mod/Mini-Preview:

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Runeriders look amazing.

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Map Preview in OP

Quote Originally Posted by Maniatis1453 View Post
    Hello Admiral!
    I really like your work..

I wonder if you are gonna change some other things?
    If you add some hidden family trees for the minor houses generals?
    Just like in the KORAH.

Keep doing your amazing work!!!
    Also have it so you can have generals of the families you have conquered? Just an idea

You could always bribe the remaining rebel generals.

Yeah, that's really the main way I can see of reasonably getting that to work. Maybe there is a give_everything script that can handle it (if anyone knows please give me a heads up), but otherwise I don't think it would be feasible...

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

you could make all factions horde, and use give_everything once theyve lost their last settlement. youd have to find a way to let the script know who the conqueror is oc, afaik this mod does something similiar: M2TW: Imperium Romanum: Roman Civil Wars Mod

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    you could make all factions horde, and use give_everything once theyve lost their last settlement. youd have to find a way to let the script know who the conqueror is oc, afaik this mod does something similiar: M2TW: Imperium Romanum: Roman Civil Wars Mod
    Sweet, thanks! I'll look into it .

Of course, you then run into the problem where you've conquered the entire Stormlands when Estermont snipes the faction leader kill and all those Conningtons you've worked so hard for join the turtles.

It would be awesome though. And would help with the whole House Crabcest issue where only Crabs were in the list of last names or something.
    Last edited by Drazule; May 23, 2015 at 04:53 PM.

I would probably script it so it would give_everything to the player faction if they hold the capitol, and otherwise give nothing. It wouldn't quite fix Crabcest as the only adoptions and newborns would still be from those (four now) houses. Still, it might help...

May not be a bad idea to share some family names between neighboring factions that way as you start taking territory new names pop up in marriages and adoptions. It wouldn't be that lore breaking if you think that as the tide of war turns some people would be looking to switch sides.