Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

Default Re: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    How long does it take so you can be able to recruit another factions units as its been over 10 turns and since ive conquered all of the boltons land as the starks and there units aren't there. they are just blank? is this a bug or have i just got to wait some more?

Edit:
    Just remembered I was using the Others crash testing script. If i use the new script no lore comes up and the seasons are exactly like vanilla. if i conquer a faction their units never appear and the others never turn up. If i use the original script i get the corrupted save game by around turn 40. Has a fix ever been found? people were testing this a couple of pages back in this threat then the subjects gone dead?
    I've found the crash only happens if the others are able to take the wall. Once they do if you save and try and load that save it will crash. What I did was sent a army north as soon as Winter began, the others already held the wall but I pushed them back and was able to save and reload no problem.

Hey Admiral, marvelous mod dude, had a lot of fun with it so far and really appreciate the work you and your team put in. There's just one issue I've encountered I hope someone here will be able to give some advice on. I've noticed that when loading battles to play, certain units cause an instant CTD without fail. Darklyn Crossbowmen, for example, cause a CTD and I've also noticed this happening with the Hightower, Redwyne, Mooton, Stormkings and Bar Emmon factions though I'm not sure of the specific units causing the problems in these instances. I have even tried a clean download and extraction but the same results occur. This happens in both Campaign and custom battles. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks for you time.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

That's unusual, I don't think specific units can cause CTDs like that unless they have textures missing or something. Try fighting a custom battle with darklyn crossbows and see what happens, then report back. Good luck!

Hi awesome mod, I've enjoyed it very much. I do have a question though.. How do I delete the ''deploy stakes script''?

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

open export_descr_unit, find the unit you dont want to use stakes, and delete

type Crannogmen
    dictionary Crannogmen ; Crannogmen, leather, small round shield, trident, small bow, no helmet
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type light
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier crannogmen, 48, 0, 0.8
    mount_effect horse +4
    attributes sea_faring, hide_anywhere, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit, stakes

As long as the AI can't deploy the stakes, barely use them myself.

Also seems much easier than to mess around with the script. Thanks for the help

Okay it seems like the script got to be removed because the game wont start if I delete ''stakes, stakes''
    from some units.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

i dont think it even can be removed. removing stakes cant really crash the game if done right, paste your changed unit entry here.

note that changes to text files are not save game compatible.

Welp.. I fixed it by changing the ''stakes, stakes'' with ''o, o''^^ But anyways thanks for the help

Hi again, sorry if I'm being annoying but is it supposed to be 2 turns per year or did I do something horribly wrong? The seasons just began to change every turn too around 35.

That's on purpose to be more Lore accurate.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Is the Other's CTD bug still a problem?
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Whene i open the file it says "unexpected end of Archive"

Whats wrong? I am using Winrar.

Not sure, try re-downloading and unzipping.

"try re-downloading and unzipping"

Have done it 5 time already.

i downloaded it. It looks great, but where is kings landing? i cant find it. I know the story is far back from the time of the book, but kings landing is kings landing. where is it? Or i am just blind

Quote Originally Posted by kimikimi View Post
    i downloaded it. It looks great, but where is kings landing? i cant find it. I know the story is far back from the time of the book, but kings landing is kings landing. where is it? Or i am just blind
    It wasnt built yet.Kings landing is only 300 years old.This story happened like thousands of years before...

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by kimikimi View Post
    Can't have a king's landing without targaryens.
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

As the fellows said above (I'm repeating them just to show off :p) King's Landing was built by Aegon Targaryen, and this mod takes place 2500 years or so before he even invaded westeros.
    Last edited by claudioxd27; April 28, 2016 at 09:37 PM.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hey Thrawn, im a big fan of the update and I like the addition of the wildlings to the game, it adds more action up north after the dust has settled. I have a question though, why do some of the factions like Durrandan lack swordsmen? the descrip says they have good heavy infantry, but looking at them they have almost none. How am I supposed to face infantry rich factions like the Gardeners without them? Any plans to add swordsmen to some more of the factions and perhaps in the stormland's case, some warhammers?