Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

Default Re: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

Well tested Durrandon campaing and got again the not able to load.
    Here is what I told about wildlings having invisible icon.
    The Umber and Durrandon campaings had this problem and they both crash savegames.

Greyiron the wildlings disapeared like destroyed after the Others came (not showing on the loading order), and the savegames havent crashed.

It seems like the wildlings faction acClick image for larger version. 

Name:	nowildlingicon.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	797.4 KB 
ID:	333566ts as a ghost faction that doesnt disappear / is destroyed as it should.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Well that faction symbol is yours, though I'm not sure why it dissappeared...

No, its the wildling icon in the loading order after I ended turn, I just couldnt time the screen right to get the faction name "Wildlings" with it,
    lemme take an earlier savegame and show it

edit:

here:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2015-12-18 23-44-43-42.jpg  
    Last edited by pertodonunca; December 18, 2015 at 07:50 PM.

Lemphibar's Avatar Civis

Blackwoods work fine so far. Turn 63 wildlings dead and i think the others are aswell no corruptions, only one ctd during a battle, which was kinda my fault i think (Ive noticed if i have game speed set to x6 when it ends it ctds more often). Gonna try umber next since pertodonunca said he had problems with them. after that maybe try an andal faction to see if any difference though i dont think that should matter.

Lemphi, did you tested savegames when they just appeared and before they got destroyed?

Lemphibar's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by pertodonunca View Post
    Lemphi, did you tested savegames when they just appeared and before they got destroyed?
    When they appeared yes. Id save and exit close program and reopen reload. As umber and stark i was able to test after they were destroyed cause i was directly a part of it. As blackwood and now arryn i can only guess as to the Others demise. Suppose i could just map cheat and see for sure... Maybe its a faulty install? Or the way you installed it? I dk works beautifully for me.

Some campaingns work, others not, if was a problem with extracting the mod or something, it shouldnt work right?

Yeah, I highly doubt it is an extraction problem. So when you re-play a faction that got corrupted it corrupts again right? If so, can you try deleting the Others script from campaign_script.txt and see if you still get corruption on a new game with that faction? Thanks for all the debugging help!

Yes, I am getting corrupted with all factions I tried, are a lot, only one that didnt corrupted was the Greyiron, the only difference I noticed and reported are the Wildlings faction acting strange, not getting out when defeated etc and not having an icon.
    I will try remove the Others script.

Edit:

ok, without the Others coming, I got through turn 60 without problems with my savegames.
    I do believe it was to do with the wildlings and the faction behavior and what happens to them, it seems they get destroyed by the others but the faction still sticks around, but when it tries to reload it, crashes since the faction doesnt exist anymore?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wildings1.jpg   wildings2.jpg  
    Last edited by pertodonunca; December 21, 2015 at 02:57 PM.

Hi Admiral nice modd. One question:
    Did you changed the dornish unit models? Is that for example the Yronwood pikemen look like free companies infantry with pikes the same with the rest dornish infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Robb99 View Post
    Hi Admiral nice modd. One question:
    Did you changed the dornish unit models? Is that for example the Yronwood pikemen look like free companies infantry with pikes the same with the rest dornish infantry.
    Yeah, I updated the Dornish unit models for 3.0, and they use the same base as the Free Companies.

Hi Admiral,
    I played maybe 6 campaigns thus far, all in the southern half. Furthest north I've played is Reyne so I've not seen any Wildlings or Others. I'm now playing on Win 7 (64-bit) and have had a few crashes on quitting and reloading but (fingers crossed) no corrupted saves. I've played most of the campaigns over the 100 turn mark. I've only experienced problems quitting and loading, don't recall it ever bombing out or locking mid-game.

Hey Thrawn I opened up the export_desc_unit file to mess around with and I notice it says "BrandonM's Total War Toolset" Up top. I was wondering what this is? Is it a way to enter wanted unit values without having to scroll down through each and every unit?

As for that I'm not sure about. It was there before I got there, but I would guess it may have something to do with that...

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    As for that I'm not sure about. It was there before I got there, but I would guess it may have something to do with that...
    Oh damn cuz I was just going to fiddle with some stats and see if I can make the battles last a little longer but going to each unit individually will be most time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by IBSXYPNTS View Post
    Oh damn cuz I was just going to fiddle with some stats and see if I can make the battles last a little longer but going to each unit individually will be most time consuming.
    Tell me about it...

Edit: BTW, if anybody wants to join me for some Warhammer RPG fun check out this new game I started and PM me if you're interested!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14818961
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; January 19, 2016 at 02:13 AM.

What is the best way to get this submod on my computer? I had installed subs before but that was a while back and I had forgot how to do it. I extracted AOPK to my mod folder but when I click on the batch file it says "windows cannot find kindoms.exe". Is there a step I am missing? My other mods have the batch file renamed to Executable and the .cfg folder renamed to Configuration.cfg, but this doesn't seem to work on AOPK 3.0. Am I doing something wrong? HEP I WANT TO PLEY

Do you have steam?

yes

Well, try and renaming your AoPK folder into one of the kingdoms campaigns.

Example: There is a folder called "mods". In there are campaign folders, like teutonic, americas, crusades and british_isles. You get the mod you want to play, like AoPK, and rename it after one of these campaigns.

Like, you rename AoPK's folder to crusades, and you rename the crusades folder after anything you want. After that you go to steam and press play, and choose the Crusades campaign.

PS: If you don't have kingdoms I don't know what to do.