Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

Helltroy's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

Ok did a House Martell Play through real quick.
    On turn 44 I did everything I did in the Bolton/Stark plays.
    Only difference is others have not breached the Wall.
    Could that Script have something to do with it..?
    “Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to
    fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.”
    ~Adolf Hitler

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Looking good! Downloading

+rep.

Your mod is awesome, I discovered it one or two weeks ago and waiting for the realease on yesterday has been so hard I'm playing it and it's very enjoyable, thanks Admiral.

I just let you know some minor issues I get during playing :

-Some crashing but I can reload and play, I can't figure what happenned but I'ms actually around turn 50 and I had maybe 3 or 4 crashes until now
    -I got a problem having childrenon my families trees, I use to give my heir and the princess he marry trait for having children ( fertile and fertilewoman) but still having a lot of difficulties to make them having children in ordre to have a good bloodline. In the last released I remember having no more than five couples not having any child during like twenty tours. I don't know if this is related to your mod but maybe there is a way to increase the numbee of character allowed ( though I think I've read something about having too much general affect the rate of birth ) or the birthrate.
    -I had a map during campaign with the NW against the Wildings where my troups were unable to moove ( was a mountain to climb map), same for ennemies it's seems. The ia couldn't find a path when I gave the order to charger ( I could win beacause of the excellent archers of the NW though )

Again your mod is awesome and I would just suggest you one think that I dont know if it's possible but I would be the possibility of having by script some of the greastest houses that you have beaten like , if you're a Stark and erase Bolton's army you can a general with Bolton bloodline at the dreadfort, same for Umble and Dustin ) to have a real control of the North thoug, if you make them vassal, you won't be able to recruit there troops.

Thanks,

PS sorry for english mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by soNur View Post
    Your mod is awesome, I discovered it one or two weeks ago and waiting for the realease on yesterday has been so hard I'm playing it and it's very enjoyable, thanks Admiral.

I just let you know some minor issues I get during playing :
    -I got a problem having childrenon my families trees, I use to give my heir and the princess he marry trait for having children ( fertile and fertilewoman) but still having a lot of difficulties to make them having children in ordre to have a good bloodline. In the last released I remember having no more than five couples not having any child during like twenty tours. I don't know if this is related to your mod but maybe there is a way to increase the numbee of character allowed ( though I think I've read something about having too much general affect the rate of birth ) or the birthrate.
    Thanks,

PS sorry for english mistakes
    From what i understand birthrate depends on how many generals you have and how many settlements you have. so if you were to capture a bunch of settlements or some generals die you're much more likely to get an heir

I had same issue with births for almost any mod, and as rj2long pointed, it is related with numbers of settlements and already generals that you have. If you go on war dominating around and not accepting adoptions you will get a babybloom X]
    Problem is when you need a heir and gets 4 girls in a roll lol____

_____

I have read into another mods page to not use quick save / lodad that hey easily corrupt game, to use only normal saves
    Last edited by pertodonunca; December 12, 2015 at 08:57 AM.

Great mod Admiral, ive been a big fan of your work for a while now. Only had a few rounds on 3 so far and have just one quick question, ive noticed that building septs (or godswoods) has no affect on your chivalry levels? It does on previous AOPK, is this to do with the new building rostas?
    Its a minor issue, I just like my generals and leaders to be Noble!

MaccusJr's Avatar Libertus

Need help!!

I have tried downloading it several times but I always get this message... <<
    The file you have selected (Petty_Kings_3.zip) is not available via any mirrors.>>

Lemphibar's Avatar Civis

Runs very smooth. Haven't had any excessive ctd's. Two so far. Been taking it real slow with my stark campaign. Turn 39 looking forward to fighting the others as the boltons are down to 2 settlements and dustins only have 2-3 will be.able to bring the full might of the north to bear. Childrenwork fine as I've seen. Seem to have a lot of glovers and tallharts though.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by MaccusJr View Post
    Need help!!

I have tried downloading it several times but I always get this message... <<
    The file you have selected (Petty_Kings_3.zip) is not available via any mirrors.>>

That would be a moddb issue I think. Or an Internet connection one on your end. Is there anywhere else you can try downloading it?

As for godswoods, I changed all the religious buildings, and that sounds like a side effect. I'm not broken up though, at this point in westerosi history religions weren't all that chivalrous.

Had the corrupted saved game too.
    Umber campaing, turn around 48 - 49, The Others appeared in turn 46.
    Gone with armies to defend, I got back the nightswatch castle, was scouting the other side of the wall when got out to dinner, can`t reload the savegame.
    I can load previous turns before the Others Invasion, but any savegame after the Others can't be loaded.

Hmmm, that's interesting... Does the problem persist after the others are defeated? I'll look into it.

Ser Elmond Starr's Avatar Decanus

May be something to do with the script?
    Ser Elmond of House Starr, the Light of the Night, Lord of Moonkeep and King of Etherea
    Through Action, a Man becomes a Hero.Through Death, a Hero becomes a Legend.Through Time, a Legend becomes a Myth.By learning from the Myth, a Man takes Action....

I don't see how, but if it's happened twice it's worth investigating. Is this only for quicksaves, or normal ones too?

Helltroy's Avatar Civis

Both times it Happened to me both the Saves were corrupted.
    “Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to
    fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.”
    ~Adolf Hitler

Uhh, guys, I know this is an awkward question, but how do you install? Haha, I have both Westeros 0.53 and Petty KIngs 3.0. I assumed that Westeros would have an installer, then all I'd do was drag Petty kings files into the Westeros mod. Funnily, both the "original" mod and the submod (mod of a mod, haha) have the same format within the zip. Data, icon, packs, logs, bat file, etc. So how does one go installing this class of mod? I'm new to the westeros branch of MTW2 modifications. So, help?

Lemphibar's Avatar Civis

sooo not sure why all these corrupted saves happening. Turn 46 with starks, others came around 40-41 saved exited reloaded = works. played alilbit went out came back loaded up works....I only ever hard save never quicksave. dk if this helps but im all gravy.

Libertus

Great mod to play. I have to say this is definitely the best westeros mod so far and though I am not enjoying this time period as much as war of the five kings it is still great to play.

I dont use quicksaves, only normal saves.
    Not defeated the Others yet, only had recaptured the Nightswatch wall, but they were still beyond the wall...

Which faction were you using that didn't crashed, Lemphibar?

Quote Originally Posted by Pooploop View Post
    Uhh, guys, I know this is an awkward question, but how do you install? Haha, I have both Westeros 0.53 and Petty KIngs 3.0. I assumed that Westeros would have an installer, then all I'd do was drag Petty kings files into the Westeros mod. Funnily, both the "original" mod and the submod (mod of a mod, haha) have the same format within the zip. Data, icon, packs, logs, bat file, etc. So how does one go installing this class of mod? I'm new to the westeros branch of MTW2 modifications. So, help?
    Same way as .53, this is a complete download. The install instructions are below the link.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Hey AdmiralThrawn!

I wonder if you mind when I create a small sub-mod for your AOPK?
    The purpose would be to create "clearer" unit cards, since those in AOPK are a bit "washy"?

A sneak peak of the Stark unit roster:

Regards,
    Ned
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar