Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - DOWNLOAD LINK IN OP!

Quote Originally Posted by IBSXYPNTS View Post
    On turn 200+ I run into the issue of economy. I am playing as Martel and conquered the stormlands, blackwater bay, the reach, and part of the riverlands and westlands. I know for balance I shouldnt be able to recruit 10 doomstacks but I can barely field 1-3 full stacks without gong broke. If this is intentional I applaud you! But I just feel that with owning so much land and cities (Including oldtown and the arbor) I should be able to field 2-5 stacks plus garrisons with little issue. Not at all gamebreaking or anything just thought it was worth bringing up in case.
    You should definetly have at least 2-5 stacks plus garrisons. A couple things to consider:

1) Are you maintaining mercs in your armies? They're super pricey so you should only hire them for short periods of time.

2) Are all of your garrisons free? Units are only free to maintain if they are recruitable in that castle, so having Dornishmen garrison Highgarden will charge you upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
    Hi. How is the actual Battle balance of the game? something more like "vanilla"or "stainless steel" ?

What is the reccommended dificulty ? Any AI buffs I should avoid?

I had played this a while ago , probably a lot has changed since
    I'd say it is a bit closer to vanilla in terms of battle speed and difficulty. As for recommended difficulty, I'm actually a bit iffy on what those actually do. I think Battle Difficulty only affects Auto-Resolve, so I'd just leave that at Medium. As for campaign difficulty, it depends on how much you wanna fight. In my experience VH will mean lots of enemy stacks to kill while Medium is a more low-key experience. Again though, I'm not really sure what the exact effects are. Can anyone else enlighten us?

Also, some previews!

First some Thenns:

And, of course, the one you've all been waiting for:

Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; November 07, 2015 at 01:56 AM.

A mamoth stomping on a unaware group of spears, hardly seems fair =p

Edit: NVM, I recovered most of the work. Pheawph!

Ser Elmond Starr's Avatar Decanus

Oh crap man. Don't worry though, cause every pure work of art has its setbacks.
    Ser Elmond of House Starr, the Light of the Night, Lord of Moonkeep and King of Etherea
    Through Action, a Man becomes a Hero.Through Death, a Hero becomes a Legend.Through Time, a Legend becomes a Myth.By learning from the Myth, a Man takes Action....

Not a terrific screenshot, but here are some Ice River Cannibals:

Edit: I'm really stumped on this, so if anyone has experience with extracting sounds I could really use the help, thanks:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post14760197
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; November 08, 2015 at 06:07 AM.

The mod is great, AOPK 1.0 was one of the most entertaining mods I've ever played, even including those AAA titles such as Stainless Steel or Third Age, etc. But.. something troubles me with this release The lack of house levies.. it was one of the best things about the first version.

One of the things that draws me the most to the world of Westeros is the whole factional politics and identities. The colors and symbols and house names, etc. Thus said, it's a bit miffing to field a bunch of levies or man at arms and have them look like a rainbow with all the different houses merged into one unit. Especially if, say, you're playing as one of the big houses, but there are like 2 times as more troops with the colors of a minor house in your ranks!

It's just one of those things that, in an ideal world, would be possible At the very least, have the option that all playable factions could recruit versions of the other units, but using only the playable faction's colors and emblems. IE: The Starks could recruit Winterfell levies, Winterfell Men at Arms, etc, same as the Wintermoor or Wolfswood units, except the Winterfell units would be all white with grey wolves.

Just an idea.

Hi again. Could you copy install instructions to first post?

And your post1 link is acting weird for me. Not sure why.
    i already got both files but you should check the link.

EDIT:
    1 HI, I see that some northern units does not have snow battle bonus. (wintermoor warriors and cavalry does not, while the rest of wintermoor units have.)

2 So about the recruitment area: if i take cerwyn castle (winterfell area) from the enemy, the starks at winterfell wont be able to recruit anymore units in there?

3 Guilds are active and buildable?

4 why the boltons crossbows outrange archers?

5 And +1 to the major house units without vassals. Put some Household units with nice standard sigils to guard my capital please. that could be capital only AOR.

6 Starks heir is a Lannister? Im surprised!
    Last edited by Charbel; November 08, 2015 at 11:33 AM.

House levies are impossible due to M2TW hardcoded limits. You can't fit them in with all the other units.

1) I didn't do anything with the terrain bonuses, but I may take a look at that for 3.0

2) You need to conquer an entire recruitment zone to be able to recruit units there. If the Starks retake it from you they can still build

3) Guilds are active, but only b/c I don't know how to get rid of them

4) Do they? I thought they didn't.

6) Read the lore

Seriously though, I could really use a hand with this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post14760197

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Help Needed with Sound Extraction (Page 16)

Hey guys,

Great work. Just FYI, you included your entire .git directory in the Petty Kings 2 full download. It's already compressed so it doesn't get any smaller and adds 700MB to the download. It could be only 0.9GB if you removed it. It's nice to see your version history, but you could probably just link to github if you wanted to share that rather than eat up your download bandwidth

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Help Needed with Sound Extraction (Page 16)

Hmmm, I didn't notice that... I'll look into it.

Yeah, it's a "hidden" folder, but I turn on "Always show hidden and system folders" in WIndows.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    House levies are impossible due to M2TW hardcoded limits. You can't fit them in with all the other units.

1) I didn't do anything with the terrain bonuses, but I may take a look at that for 3.0

2) You need to conquer an entire recruitment zone to be able to recruit units there. If the Starks retake it from you they can still build

3) Guilds are active, but only b/c I don't know how to get rid of them

4) Do they? I thought they didn't.

6) Read the lore
    2) So I can disable my enemy recruitment in the area related provinces? If I take one province from each of his AoR, I can disable the entire unit recruitment from that faction?
    That is definetly an interesting strategy, and incentive to go ofensive.

4) I was under fire from a bolton`s crossbow unit (don t remember it`s name) and couldn t return fire until advancing forward. The battle was around ''white harbor'' region, there was some hills but the engagement was on the same height flat ground.

6) I read it, but could not remember. Could you tip me in the right direction to look at?
    Last edited by Charbel; November 10, 2015 at 08:52 AM.

1) No, that's not the problem.

2) Not sure, I'll look into it.

3) Read the lore pop-up for the starks and lannisters.

I have enjoyed the mod for a small while, but there is one thing I find unbearable and kind of baffling.

Why is the Mad Max Soundtrack used in the battles????

I mean seriously who listened to that, and thought it fits as a background sound of a westeros battle? Don't get me wrong I LOVE the Mad Max OST and I like this mod but they just do not fit at all.

Because it's awesome . And because I think it fits (when it hits that "violin-y" bit while you're charging your cavalry, things get really epic IMHO).

Helltroy's Avatar Civis

Because it's awesome . And because I think it fits (when it hits that "violin-y" bit while you're charging your cavalry, things get really epic IMHO).
    Ambushing the enemy, Arrows Raining, Calvary crashing down on them, Screams of panic swell within their ranks as death comes for them.. yeah it fits.

Getting a bit hyped now just listening to it as I type this..

Quote Originally Posted by Helltroy View Post
    ...Calvary crashing down on them...
    You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome.

The Night's Watch will be divided into Recruits (light infantry), Stewards (archers), Builders (infantry), and Rangers (elite archer/lancer hybrid cavalry). This means a pretty limited roster, but that's mostly in keeping with the books. The trick for the Watch will be to not fight the Wildlings on their own terms, instead relying on discipline and hit-and-run tactics to hold back the Wildling hordes.

Great mod, allready own half of the lands with the Starks. 8 full stacks of men just marching through and conquering, damn I love this mod.
    One question for all, what would be the weakest faction or the top three weakest factions in the mod?

Just two things:
    1. At the start of the battle I get that motorola radio noise that makes my ears bleed.
    2. In one of the quotes it said House bla bla As high as Hodor, it made me laugh.
    Last edited by BosnianKnight; November 11, 2015 at 05:38 AM.
    Cattle die, kindred die,
    Every man is mortal:
    But the good name never dies
    Of one who has done well

Havamal 76

Sorry I heavily disagree with you. Do you know any move/video game with a medieval or fanthasy theme that uses music like Mad Max? The music was clearly made to perfectly fit an intense car chase in a post apocalyptic wasteland, that's why its so damn good.

Actually here's the music from the same composer Junkie Xl for 300:Rise of An empire

It still has the brutality and intensity but there are many fine touches to make it fit into the movies atmosphere (the drums sound more raw for example), but in Mad Max he relies way more on modern electronic sound and distortion in guitars, so it gives it that "high octane chase" feel. Perhaps if you cut it, from the start when those epic orchestrals come in? But even it just doesn't fit, otherwise they would use something similar in GoT.

I think a lot of people would agree that music from Kingdom of Heaven or Braveheart or hell Witcher 2 - The Witcher's fictional universe is in some ways similar to ASOIAF so the atmosphere and hence the soundtrack can fit very good to a ASOIAF environment.

Don't get me wrong, I am just trying to give friendly advice to make the mod feel more immersive, since it uses a type of music which you would be hard pressed to find in any fantasy/medieval setting.