Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Map Preview in OP

Downloading.... Downloading... This thing cant go faster??? I`m so excited XD
    Even tough I gonna miss the Ullers (they got into my skin, I love them), the possibility to play with Daynes as sepparate faction does pay for it.
    Thank you for working on a new version and putting past problems behind to give us a Hell of Fun in the world of ASoIaF.
    (The Reynes still skullking around, right?)

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Map Preview in OP

Quote Originally Posted by pertodonunca View Post
    Downloading.... Downloading... This thing cant go faster??? I`m so excited XD
    Even tough I gonna miss the Ullers (they got into my skin, I love them), the possibility to play with Daynes as sepparate faction does pay for it.
    Thank you for working on a new version and putting past problems behind to give us a Hell of Fun in the world of ASoIaF.
    (The Reynes still skullking around, right?)
    I'm gonna miss uller too but dryland is basically the same faction with a different house as leader so in the end its not much of a loss

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - DOWNLOAD LINK IN OP!

Lemphibar's Avatar Civis

Runs smoothly. Great fun. Only thing i see is that some castles/towns do not give the corresponding ancillary. Especially umbers/hightowers.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

So, now that 2.0 has released it's time to continue sating my modding addiction! AOPK 3.0 will include the Night's Watch and Wildlings as playable factions (though I can't promise Giants etc). It will also have the Stepstones as a rebel province, plus new sellswords and re-done Dornish battle models. 3.0 will probably be the last AOPK release, as after it's done I hope to use it as a base for more "modern" mods (possibly Age of Blackfyre, Age of the Usurper, Age of the Five Kings, etc). Still, don't hold your breath, there's tons to do on 3.0 so it'll be awhile.

A Man's Avatar Senator

You have my deepest gratitude and tons of respect for doing this! These are just words but I mean them! Congratulations!

Ser Elmond Starr's Avatar Decanus

Indeed Thrawn! This is amazing work, I'm gonna play the crap out of this! (And hopefully submod it )

Age of Blackfyre? I'm glad to read that you're taking a bigger role in the community, as you are the best modder for WTW. Will we ever return to The Meereenese Knot? Also, what about a Dance of Dragons mod? Dragons as ancillaries? As buff general units?

Ok, feedback on my experiences playing go here, other topic, on messages? (I believe you dont want tons of MPs tough)

I started playing as Dayne, only passed two turns to test things out.
    I was more interested on investigating the core inside the game, and I noticed some things.

The dornish units have woods and snow bonus, and penalty fighting on sand, should be the other way around right?
    Some ancillaries aren`t been given to their commanders. Noticed this by Dawn not being with the Sword of the Morning, tough I looked for it and the ancillary is done and ok inside game, I did not checked other commanders and other factions if they get their swords, or there is a special script to "unlock" such weapons?

Any way, great great great job, and a Blackfyre mod would be so much appreciated, just as a Dance of Dragons. After the end of my semester I might get into modding myself, so far I only eddited things here and there from mods already existing.

The map improvement is great, I always felt like there wasnt enough castle/towns to burn =D
    Good job, keep it up, you the best.

My regards :}

So for how many timelines do we got mods for?
    From oldest to newest:
    Age of Petty Kings (Andal and Rhonyar invasion period)
    Kings of Rivers and Hills (PreTargaryen era)
    War of conquest (Start of the Targaryens era)
    A Dance of the Dragons (100 years into the Targ era)-Has anyone even done this submod?
    Blackfyre rebellion (200 years into Targ era)
    War of the Usurper (End of Targ era)
    Westeros total war (War of the 5 kings)
    Winds of Winter (Current time)
    Anyone got any ideas for more timelines?

Oh and i noticed in the loading screen:"Words of House Arryn-As high as Hodor"
    Well played Admiral,well played

You're forgetting Age of the Ninepenny Kings . The downside of that though is it requires Essos and I've already run out of new settlements I can add. I planned it out and I can cut a few now-destroyed ones when I advance the timeline (Hellgate Hall, etc), but there definitely won't be enough to do the Free Cities .

There are also tons of ways to represent the War of the Five Kings, and different starting points for it (GoT vs CoK, united "North" vs Start and Tully alliance, etc).

Finally, a mod focused on Maegor the Cruel could be sweet, albeit still rather obscure.

Still, once I get there (still some time), I'll probably start with a Blackfyre mod. I specifically designed the recruitment system and regions with this idea in mind and I nearly skipped 3.0 entirely to work on it (fortunately I didn't, as I think having the lands beyond the Wall in all those eras will add a lot).

Everyone always forget the Age of Heroes and the Long Night. Just wait...

Torturer's Deep: there has never been a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. You must be cautious. The Stepstones will serve as a major mercenary recruitment area. It would be wise to send envoys there to hire sellswords and sellsails.

Im guessing Torturers deep is a place full of pirates and cuthroats which cant be controlled.U should put some public order penalties there.

About the posts of some settlements not giving ancillaries of their places: it seems the new settlements that arent present on other maps and first AoPK dont have their ancillaries yet. (And about the swords ancillaries: Starks start with Ice, so I only added the Dawn to Lewyn and some triggers to spawn the sword if she is lost around), the ancillary itself was pretty much ready.

About new dornish units: I am working on them to offer as a source for modders in the future, A.Thrawn.
    If want to merge my unit (yes only one done so far, got smashed on a trouble on the model and skeletons that made me leave the work for awhile to cool down the head xD), I would like very much to join my work with your mod that is so awesome.
    If interested, pm me or something, I will be back at playing your mod now :}

Yay another Brazillian in the forum!
    Ser Elmond of House Starr, the Light of the Night, Lord of Moonkeep and King of Etherea
    Through Action, a Man becomes a Hero.Through Death, a Hero becomes a Legend.Through Time, a Legend becomes a Myth.By learning from the Myth, a Man takes Action....

Yeah, I didn't do any ancillary work on AOPK, so anything currently in the game is legacy stuff.

Libertus

Well the Iron Isles got a big nerf in 2.0 The only good unit they have Drowned God's Chosen can only be recruited from Orkmonth now. Also makeing more units like archers tied to they're original recruit place makes you spend a lot of time marching armies between original recruit castle and frontline.
    Some units like Dreadmoor Spearman have 1 attack, worst then the Levys that have 2 attack Highmarch Pikeman also suffers the same treatment 1 attack. Whoever handles troop balancing should have an excel sheet with all the troops listed for easy balancing.