Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

Ser Elmond Starr's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - BETA Signups!

I can volunteer as tribute for faction descriptions if it is what it takes to release this amazingness of a mod!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am quite a good writer and speller, and considered by myself a professional lore inventor

Senpai what is the best faction according to you and is there any problems with the mod, hopefully it is released soon

Quote Originally Posted by HeirSnow View Post
    Senpai what is the best faction according to you and is there any problems with the mod, hopefully it is released soon
    Oh a bunch of things are missing but its nothing difficult i think it will be released in a week or 2.
    The best faction i would say is the House Martell.I just play tested the campaign with them and having Queen Nymeria and her Rhonyar warriors made the game so much fun.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Ugh, so I've been super sick for the past couple days, but the beta is still going well so don't expect too much delay.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Ugh, so I've been super sick for the past couple days, but the beta is still going well so don't expect too much delay.
    Thanks Admiral and hope you get well soon

Hey! This mod looks great and I am definitely very interested in beta testing it, I would be more than willing to test house Yronwood and/or Greyjoy if that's alright

Quote Originally Posted by crazycow222 View Post
    Hey! This mod looks great and I am definitely very interested in beta testing it, I would be more than willing to test house Yronwood and/or Greyjoy if that's alright
    Read the instructions on how to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyBob View Post
    Read the instructions on how to apply.
    Thank you! To whom should I send this?

Admiral Thrawn, the mod lead.

Sorry for this, i need to post 25 posts.

And you only have 18? You're a failure.

Yeah, they should really get rid of that rule. I don't get why they have it, and it means that people like RJ who are super active contributors in PMs but don't post much cannot join groups. I dunnow if there is a person to talk to about this or something?

Yeah, they should really get rid of that rule. I don't get why they have it
    It's to combat Bots as I recall, or something along those lines. They'll not remove it.

Ughhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    It's to combat Bots as I recall, or something along those lines. They'll not remove it.
    Yeah, I get that. The idea is that while a computer can launch a DDOS attack pretty easily, by including wait times and post-limits on everything they make it harder for that to happen. My critique is that I feel they've overdone it a bit. As long as you have some delays in place, it doesn't really matter how much you have. A computer can do tens of thousands of commands per second, so as long as you limit it to, say, one per second, then you should be good. I have a lot of experience with web development, and I'm taking a security class right now so I'd be willing to help them make the change if they're willing to consider it.

Either way though, whomever designed TWC did a sweet job, I'm just offering some advice on how to make it a bit better .

I'd be willing to help them make the change if they're willing to consider it.
    Talk to GeD about it (cant hurt) but it's very likely he's heard your critique before from a few thousand other people, it would've changed by now if the higher ups thought it was necessary.

Here are some quick preview pics. I've been fixing TONS of bugs and I'll release a mid-beta pretty soon. I'll send that to a few more people and do the main release a week or two after that. Thanks for all your support and enthusiasm in making this!

The Mighty Skagosi!

these pictures look awesome! great job on the reskins

Admiral nice job man, i am playing your mod for months and cant wait for v2 Its awesome that u have so much factions in your mod, i am fan of total war games for years...and love to play with just few castles at start and then expand your empire...but this recruiting thing you gut is little anoying...can u change that in v2, so we can at least recruit levies (ofc from house that is original holder of that settlement) in new conquered castles/cities...

Keep up the good work man!