Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default [Submod] AOPK 3.0: The Kings Beyond the Wall

Long before the rise of Valyria, Westeros was divided into countless Petty Kingdoms. In the south, the Reach is consumed by fire as weak kings are set upon from all sides, and strong ones vie for their remains. In Dorne, the deserts run red with blood and in the north four kingdoms struggle for supremacy, even as they face invaders from all sides. As chaos descends upon the lands of Westeros it remains to be seen which Kingdoms shall forge dynasties to last a thousand years, and which will fade into history.

AOPK 3.0 LINK:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/westeros-a...eyond-the-wall

Previews:

Credits:
    AdmiralThrawn: Mapping/Faction Creation/Units/UI/Unit Cards/Writing/etc
    HolyBob/IBSXYPNTS/Alertoverlord/Dawnbreaker/Stannis the Mannis/FrostySOTF: Writing
    Toho/Stannis the Mannis: Origional Map Base
    Axis Sunsoar: Portraits/UI Work
    seradam/complete noob/irishviking5/o Realife o/JonSnow7: strat work
    TheDisturbedGuy: Descriptions and Family Trees
    Hermod: Unit Info Cards/Unit Descriptions
    Korpskog: Assisting in Faction Creation
    Crociato78 : Models/Skins
    Rusichi Total War Team - Some Models/skinns
    rj2long - Family Trees
    Dawnbreaker - Writing
    Userpro - Hide Campaign UI Script
    Mugen234 - Blood Splatter Mod
    pertodonunca - Ancillaries
    Germanicu5 - ReallyBadAI
    BagaturKhan - New Skyboxes

Permissions:
    If you want to make additions to AOPK, which still require the initial download, you don't need to notify me (though I'd love to see them, and I may add it to the main version if you're cool with it).
    If you want to make a total conversion of AOPK, which can be fully downloaded from your new link, just ask me and I'll almost certainly say "yes".
    If you want to use models and assets from AOPK in an unrelated project get in touch with me. I'm totally fine with people using my own work, but others may not be.
    If I'm offline for 3 months or more all my assets will be made publicly available and you won't need my permission to do whatever you want to AOPK (though keep in mind that other people still have rights to their assets).
    Edit: If you ask me for permission to use stuff and don't hear back within 15 days, consider it a "yes".
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; August 28, 2017 at 03:47 AM.

Javl26's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - BACK IN BUSINESS and RECRUITING!

Glad you are back AoPK. In version 1.0 I enjoyed myself a lot playing with the Massey House. One suggestion, should put some events in relation to history.
    Thanks for the awesome job.

Helltroy's Avatar Civis

Nice to See that AoPK will be getting updated.
    Love playing as House Bolton, did not like seeing their House not having a description at the Dreadfort.
    Just having the Wall ingame to look at would be cool, nevermind a faction for them.
    Can't wait to see what comes, good luck.
    Thank you for the Awesome Mod.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

So what's the planned faction roster for the game then?

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    So what's the planned faction roster for the game then?
    I'll go in depth in the soon-to-be-released video preview, but basically remove Manderly, Sunderland, Massey, and Uller, and replace them with Peake, Dayne, Bar Emmon, and Dryland. Basically this was all due to new lore revealed in AWoIaF. Apart from that, the rosters are the same as in 1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    I'll go in depth in the soon-to-be-released video preview, but basically remove Manderly, Sunderland, Massey, and Uller, and replace them with Peake, Dayne, Bar Emmon, and Dryland. Basically this was all due to new lore revealed in AWoIaF. Apart from that, the rosters are the same as in 1.0.
    Adding Dayne would be interesting, but taking out Uller makes me sad, I enjoyed most of my singleplay in AoPK with them, crazy times, if you get what I mean =D

Saying that, I am very happy with the return of AoPK, the submod to Westeros TW that I most played. Strenght in this journey, and good luck.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

I can dig Dayne.

Speaking of re-balancing, here's a quick preview of the Three Sisters:

The islands will no longer be their own faction, but they will instead be rebel controlled. I've added holdfasts on all three islands, plus Pebble and The Paps. These territories are economically worthless but, if captured, players can build ports on them. This provides a huge tactical advantage so Royce, Arryn, Stark, and Bolton will all need to scramble for them ASAP. These soldiers (the islands can only recruit medium spearmen and pavise crossbowmen) will have a very slow refresh rate, so the bulk of the fighting will have to be done by troops shipped in from these faction's respective homelands.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Speaking of re-balancing, here's a quick preview of the Three Sisters:

The islands will no longer be their own faction, but they will instead be rebel controlled. I've added holdfasts on all three islands, plus Pebble and The Paps. These territories are economically worthless but, if captured, players can build ports on them. This provides a huge tactical advantage so Royce, Arryn, Stark, and Bolton will all need to scramble for them ASAP. These soldiers (the islands can only recruit medium spearmen and pavise crossbowmen) will have a very slow refresh rate, so the bulk of the fighting will have to be done by troops shipped in from these faction's respective homelands.
    boy am I glad someone is FINALLY using HxM's units.
    honestly both the map I released and HxM's units were kind of going to be the 1.0 release

I think we are pretty much 4.0 release now by previous standard levels but no matter, I am glad someone is at least using these resources we made available for years now.

Etruscan's Avatar Civis

Glad to see you back in action Thrawn, good luck !

P.S what does this mean for the The Meereenese Knot i wonder?

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings 2.0 - Map Preview in OP

Hello Admiral!
    I really like your work..

I wonder if you are gonna change some other things?
    If you add some hidden family trees for the minor houses generals?
    Just like in the KORAH.

Keep doing your amazing work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maniatis1453 View Post
    Hello Admiral!
    I really like your work..

I wonder if you are gonna change some other things?
    If you add some hidden family trees for the minor houses generals?
    Just like in the KORAH.

Keep doing your amazing work!!!
    Also have it so you can have generals of the families you have conquered? Just an idea

If you're going to nerf the greyiron's are they going to be able to build religious buildings in conquered greenland territory? More diverse unit build? In 1.0 that's a real disadvantage.

Also if we are killing the rebels on the other 2 islands, wont that cut into our general pool? Or will goodbrother and harlow generals spawn after taking the cities?

The Greyiron balancing has more to do with Hotseating, where island factions have a massive starting advantage. I probably won't be expanding their roster too much (though if anyone suggests a particularly sweet idea I'd consider it), but each island will be a unique recruiting zone with its own array of shields etc.

Also, here are some Crannogmen! I've decided to include Greywater Watch in the mod as a rebel castle, so conquering it should be a pain, but once you have it you'll control most of the Neck.

Silenced Ape's Avatar Vicarius

Javelins?

Quote Originally Posted by Silenced Ape View Post
    Javelins?
    And tridents, you just can't see them here.

Domesticus

Congratulations AdmiralThrawn!

I can't wait to play with house Dayne. It's an amazing work.

JonSnow7's Avatar Libertus

Dayne is definetely the best addition to this mod, I can't remember being so excited about any mod.

Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast