Thread: And i thought Vanilla rome was bad.

Default And i thought Vanilla rome was bad.

But Atilla combat is much much worse. Units route if u touch them . Battles are beautiful but dont have time to watch, they end way too fast. Please suggest a mod to fix this, hows Radious btw?

Default Re: And i thought Vanilla rome was bad.

Quite the opposite
    battles can last a long time unless you are flanking
    head to head in formation, units take forever to withdraw
    What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
    Julius Caesar

A lot of those complaints seem to be related to lowtier units, which tend to have low enough morale to force mass-routs easily. How far have you played in the campaign?

As far as I know Warriors of Faith is a decent combat overhaul. Not that I've played it mind.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-mods-compared

I started a thread comparing the ones on tw center. it depends on what you find realistic/ fun though.

Closecombat was the best for me

Quote Originally Posted by shogun007 View Post
    But Atilla combat is much much worse. Units route if u touch them . Battles are beautiful but dont have time to watch, they end way too fast. Please suggest a mod to fix this, hows Radious btw?
    Units are more susceptible to morale damage in Attila I find but head on engagements still last forever. Some eastern legio in defensive testudo can take forever to die. That being said Attila BAI is vastly improved and I welcome the change.

When troops are outnumbered they route almost instantly, fighting with enemy with superior numbers is certain death. I was coming back from TATW (DAC) i think they have the best morale as far as Total war games go. One other thing i hate , when unit routs thye simply dissapear from the strategy bar. Chokepoint battles are fine , but fighting in the open sucks. BTW is my first campaign , playing Franks , year 413.