Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dontfearme22 Preview Thread

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Dontfearme22 Preview Thread

Amazing work. Sir, you've got talent...

I have been following AoB since it was firstly mentioned in the forums, and to think that it's happening is almost unbelievable. I looked for a Bronze Age Mod for so many years, i even participated on some projects, but all of them failed. Now, i'm about to see a huge one, bigger than i could ever imagine. One of my dreams has come true...now, i've just got to make a New World Mod for Medieval II and my Total War life will be complete.

BTW, i have a question. Did you finished working on the simple egyptian shields? i mean these:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

...i think some of them look a little oversaturated, not matching with other shields and soldiers. Maybe you could make them a little "dirtier" or darker. Take this as pure feedback.
    Last edited by UchihaMadara21; May 26, 2015 at 10:13 PM.

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaMadara21 View Post
    Amazing work. Sir, you've got talent...

I have been following AoB since it was firstly mentioned in the forums, and to think that it's happening is almost unbelievable. I looked for a Bronze Age Mod for so many years, i even participated on some projects, but all of them failed. Now, i'm about to see a huge one, bigger than i could ever imagine. One of my dreams has come true...now, i've just got to make a New World Mod for Medieval II and my Total War life will be complete.

BTW, i have a question. Did you finished working on the simple egyptian shields? i mean these:

...i think some of them look a little oversaturated, not matching with other shields and soldiers. Maybe you could make them a little "dirtier" or darker. Take this as pure feedback.
    Ill write it down to turn the saturation down a bit, when I get the chance(other stuff needs to come first atm).

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

Just as i thought.

Khepresh Crown(placeholder textures):

Credit for the khepresh model goes entirely to Hloeric
    Last edited by Dontfearme22; June 04, 2015 at 12:09 PM.

Every time I scroll down the hosted mod section to AOB and see that, Dontfearme22 was the last poster in his preview thread, I get (at least) half-mast. That, or the pattern on my pants changes to creates an optical illusion. I can't be sure which one, but either way, great job as per usual.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Nice!! can't give rep for now,'"must spread"

I will also have a hair variant of it.

this is awesome!

I agree

What's your oppinion on makeup? I know that all egyptians, male and female, young and old cared about beauty, hygene and vanity, especially noble men, who would always wear makeup around the eyes. Maybe not the levy troops but certainly the generals, pharaoh and perhaps elite troops.

Quote Originally Posted by JPrice94 View Post
    What's your oppinion on makeup? I know that all egyptians, male and female, young and old cared about beauty, hygene and vanity, especially noble men, who would always wear makeup around the eyes. Maybe not the levy troops but certainly the generals, pharaoh and perhaps elite troops.
    We
    use a variety of skins for the egyptians, most commonly the egyptian skins in the vanilla game. Those have makeup on them, so they show up on all egyptian units that use them, which is basically all egyptian units besides mercenaries like the Sherden.

Also, as of now Pikestance is working on creating the campaign map with the full faction and province list I have assigned him. Hopefully I can preview a functional map soon, but no guarantees(campaign work is a grind). PM is over 60-70% done finishing the db and I am now just fleshing out some of the units with new models now, as you all can see
    Last edited by Dontfearme22; June 05, 2015 at 12:09 AM.

Icon9 Re: Dontfearme22 Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Massicio2 View Post
    Every time I scroll down the hosted mod section to AOB and see that, Dontfearme22 was the last poster in his preview thread, I get (at least) half-mast. That, or the pattern on my pants changes to creates an optical illusion. I can't be sure which one, but either way, great job as per usual.

That
    Is
    Not
    A
    Good
    Thing

PS I made a panoply armor then found out I couldn't rig it. The example armor rigging CA files are not correct. If anyone has any pointers on how to rig armor could they let me know?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    We
    use a variety of skins for the egyptians, most commonly the egyptian skins in the vanilla game. Those have makeup on them, so they show up on all egyptian units that use them, which is basically all egyptian units besides mercenaries like the Sherden.
    The egyptian default model doesn't have a bare torso though... oh I was wondering if you were going to add makeup to other skins, such as the eastern skin, for a bit more unit variety. I also wondered if you'd managed to get an egyptian head onto a naked (but not muscular) body Might i suggest to your modeller separating the head and the body into separate entities so not unlike the female and emperor edition general skins, they are governed by separate subheadings in uniform (body, head). I can help with unit skins if you want, Not clear on all aspects but I'm good with photoshop and paint.net and can make some tanned, makeup'd skins for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JPrice94 View Post
    The egyptian default model doesn't have a bare torso though... oh I was wondering if you were going to add makeup to other skins, such as the eastern skin, for a bit more unit variety. I also wondered if you'd managed to get an egyptian head onto a naked (but not muscular) body Might i suggest to your modeller separating the head and the body into separate entities so not unlike the female and emperor edition general skins, they are governed by separate subheadings in uniform (body, head). I can help with unit skins if you want, Not clear on all aspects but I'm good with photoshop and paint.net and can make some tanned, makeup'd skins for them.
    With many egyptian units right now, their is a blend of topless and armored models. We have our own custom set of topless eastern skin models and those are used. I might add makeup for some of those as well, but its not a huge priority as they are already blended with a variety of vanilla egyptian skins.

Hey Dontfearme, I still have some models of sea peoples helmets if you wanted to use them (if its even possible to use them). I sent them to PM a while ago...like a year ago lol but i still have them

the Medinet Habu reliefs indicate both usage of a neckguard and plain versions of this helmet.

Im experimenting with battle standards in my extra time while PM works on the db
    Last edited by Dontfearme22; June 07, 2015 at 12:12 AM.

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

we are getting literally everything for that mod! thanks, best bday gift ever ^^

I have been working on a lot of banners atm, here are a few images so far:

Unfortunately, their are no records I can find of any greek standards at all before Hellenistic times, so there are no Mycenaean standards. If anyone has any sources on that, I would love to see them.

Great work, especially the lure!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast