Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Additional Scottish Units Mod

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Additional Scottish Units Mod

Quote Originally Posted by dougall7042 View Post
    I tried to install this mod and it seems to work, but I lose all sound. Any ideas how I can fix it?
    Hi Dougall7042! I know a fix to this one, it's a relatively common problem apparently:

You have to delete the Napoleon folder found at:
    C://Users//"YOURUSER"//AppData//Roaming//The Creative Assembly

Then you have to take away (I wouldn't delete it, just rename it in case something goes wrong and you can find it again) the clientregistry.blob file found in your usual Steam folder at:
    C://Program Files//Steam

The you open Steam, go to Napoleon as if you are about to play it, right click on Napoleon and select "properties". Click on the "Local Files" tab and then select "verify integrity of game files".

Steam should then re-download the files you deleted. And this gets the sound to work again.

No idea what caused that to happen. Hope this helps

Thanks for your help but I still can't get it to work. As soon as I enable the custom user script, the sound stops but if I don't use it it's fine. My script looks like this:

mod DMN_DarthMod_napoleon.pack;
    mod DMN_Scotland_Mod.pack;
    mod DMN_Scotland_Name.pack;

I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by dougall7042 View Post
    Thanks for your help but I still can't get it to work. As soon as I enable the custom user script, the sound stops but if I don't use it it's fine. My script looks like this:

mod DMN_DarthMod_napoleon.pack;
    mod DMN_Scotland_Mod.pack;
    mod DMN_Scotland_Name.pack;

I'm probably missing something incredibly obvious
    The only change you need to make there is to remove the "DMN_Scotland_Name.pack". Since the update you don't need that, the unit names are contained in one of the DarthMod modded files.

Apart from that, the solution I listed earlier is the only one I have known to fix the no sound issue

Thank you for this mod. As a Scot i love this mod, the units are beautiful and i am having great fun with it but i have hut a wall.
    So i started playing with this mod yesterday and i have took the whole of the UK today. I noticed i can not recruit any units in Wales and in England i can only recruit cannons, is it suppose to be like that? Also is there a unit that does not have a cap on how many i can recruit?

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by SirMontgomeryIII View Post
    Thank you for this mod. As a Scot i love this mod, the units are beautiful and i am having great fun with it but i have hut a wall.
    So i started playing with this mod yesterday and i have took the whole of the UK today. I noticed i can not recruit any units in Wales and in England i can only recruit cannons, is it suppose to be like that? Also is there a unit that does not have a cap on how many i can recruit?
    Hi SirMontgomeryIII,

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

I think you can recruit some militia in Wales (with the top building) and a couple units late on in England. I was building it on the basis that if Scotland did conquer any of these places, they would find it hard to recruit units. You then have to worry much more about overstretching yourself.

I am currently working on an update that adds some more units but that won't be out for a wee while. Trying to build a new Europe map for Shogun 2 TW. You can check that out here if you want:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post15530087

If you want a quick fix for wanting more of the units available, you can always download the PackFile Manager and open the mod. It's not difficult when you are in there to change the unit limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    Hi SirMontgomeryIII,

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

I think you can recruit some militia in Wales (with the top building) and a couple units late on in England. I was building it on the basis that if Scotland did conquer any of these places, they would find it hard to recruit units. You then have to worry much more about overstretching yourself.

I am currently working on an update that adds some more units but that won't be out for a wee while. Trying to build a new Europe map for Shogun 2 TW. You can check that out here if you want:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post15530087

If you want a quick fix for wanting more of the units available, you can always download the PackFile Manager and open the mod. It's not difficult when you are in there to change the unit limit.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have all buildings maxed out yet nothing in Wales and England. Eariler in the game when i checked what units come with what buildings i seen maxed out barracks gave me English Foot, is that the unit i am suppose to be able to recruit in England? If so it no longer shows up. Would you consider putting in one unit that can be recruited as many times as you want in your next update?

That will be incredible when you turn Shogun 2 map into Europe. Will there be European rosters etc to go along with the new European map?

Do i need to hunt for an old PackFile Manager or find the most recent one? And can i change ammo count with PackFile Manager with Yours, Vanilla and DarthMod units?

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Thanks for the quick reply. I have all buildings maxed out yet nothing in Wales and England. Eariler in the game when i checked what units come with what buildings i seen maxed out barracks gave me English Foot, is that the unit i am suppose to be able to recruit in England? If so it no longer shows up. Would you consider putting in one unit that can be recruited as many times as you want in your next update?

That will be incredible when you turn Shogun 2 map into Europe. Will there be European rosters etc to go along with the new European map?

Do i need to hunt for an old PackFile Manager or find the most recent one? And can i change ammo count with PackFile Manager with Yours, Vanilla and DarthMod units?
    I reduced the mod size in the latest update to make it less intrusive on the game - I must have forgotten to add the foreign units. I'll add them back in with the next update. It wouldn't be time consuming so in the next update I'll put up an extra link to a version of the mod that takes away unit limits. It would make the game a lot easier though, might be worth just sticking to the additional foreign units that I add in.

Well I'm going to build a good Europe map and hopefully on the way assemble a team of people who fancy making a full on mod. Otherwise I'll just release the map for anyone to use and hopefully a team of modders will make use of it.

Here is a link to the pack file manager:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-9-re-uploaded

If you download it, and then open up the mod file called "DMN_Scotland_Mod", in the list that comes up on the left press the wee + sign.

Open the + next to db and then next to unit_tables, then into "scotmod_units".

Choose which unit you want to take the number limit off, slide along until you see the column called "unit limit" and change it to whatever you like.

Then save the file and get cracked in.

In the Unit_Stats_Land_Tables you can find the ammo limit if you want to change that as well.

Hope this helps.

I reduced the mod size in the latest update to make it less intrusive on the game - I must have forgotten to add the foreign units. I'll add them back in with the next update. It wouldn't be time consuming so in the next update I'll put up an extra link to a version of the mod that takes away unit limits. It would make the game a lot easier though, might be worth just sticking to the additional foreign units that I add in.

Well I'm going to build a good Europe map and hopefully on the way assemble a team of people who fancy making a full on mod. Otherwise I'll just release the map for anyone to use and hopefully a team of modders will make use of it.

Here is a link to the pack file manager:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-9-re-uploaded

If you download it, and then open up the mod file called "DMN_Scotland_Mod", in the list that comes up on the left press the wee + sign.

Open the + next to db and then next to unit_tables, then into "scotmod_units".

Choose which unit you want to take the number limit off, slide along until you see the column called "unit limit" and change it to whatever you like.

Then save the file and get cracked in.

In the Unit_Stats_Land_Tables you can find the ammo limit if you want to change that as well.

Hope this helps.
    I may be pushing my luck but would you consider adding Montgomery of Ayrshire unit in the next update? That would be fantastic. I got PackFileManager working and i changed some stats and works great, kinda chuffed with myself i finally was able to edit some tables myself ( first time editing tables ) so thank you for your help mate, i'm going to be editing tables all night now. I have one last question if you can help me, say i want to play Great Britain with Darthmod and i want to edit all ammo for all the units available to Great Britain, do i only need to go into Darthmod unit tables or do i have to edit DarthMod unit tables and Vanilla unit tables to edit all units available to Great Britain?

I look forward to your Europe mod for Shogun 2

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

I may be pushing my luck but would you consider adding Montgomery of Ayrshire unit in the next update? That would be fantastic. I got PackFileManager working and i changed some stats and works great, kinda chuffed with myself i finally was able to edit some tables myself ( first time editing tables ) so thank you for your help mate, i'm going to be editing tables all night now. I have one last question if you can help me, say i want to play Great Britain with Darthmod and i want to edit all ammo for all the units available to Great Britain, do i only need to go into Darthmod unit tables or do i have to edit DarthMod unit tables and Vanilla unit tables to edit all units available to Great Britain?

I look forward to your Europe mod for Shogun 2
    If the units are in the DarthMod files, then you should be able to just edit them in there and it will show up when you play DarthMod. If the unit isn't in the DarthMod files that means it is a vanilla (original) unit that is in the game files. You can't get in and just edit them, that wouldn't work. It gets a fair bit more complicated then...

If the units are in the DarthMod files, then you should be able to just edit them in there and it will show up when you play DarthMod. If the unit isn't in the DarthMod files that means it is a vanilla (original) unit that is in the game files. You can't get in and just edit them, that wouldn't work. It gets a fair bit more complicated then...
    Thanks for the info and help Malcolm. I'll just need to footer about with PFM.

Malcolm, i think i found a bug. i decided to start a Darthmod Britain campaign and i could not recruit British Highland Foot in Scotland. After 2 days i decided to uninstall your mod just to check if that was the problem. i started a new Britain campaign and i could recruit British Highland Foot once again. Could it be you missed/forgot something? Thought i'd give you a heads up on that if you want to check it yourself. Everything else seems perfect.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Malcolm, i think i found a bug. i decided to start a Darthmod Britain campaign and i could not recruit British Highland Foot in Scotland. After 2 days i decided to uninstall your mod just to check if that was the problem. i started a new Britain campaign and i could recruit British Highland Foot once again. Could it be you missed/forgot something? Thought i'd give you a heads up on that if you want to check it yourself. Everything else seems perfect.
    Hey SirMontgomeryIII, if you want to play the vanilla Darth Mod not as Scotland, i'd take the Scotland mod off the customisable user script. The reason the UK can't build those units is because the Scotland mod stops them from being able to - otherwise the Uk would have Scottish units in the Scotland mod.

can you add the sound of the bagpipes when the highlanders march

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by yotan85 View Post
    can you add the sound of the bagpipes when the highlanders march
    There was actually a model made by Wangrin for Empire TW of a bagpiper that I was going to borrow for this mod but it would also mean you would have to import the animation somehow and I don't know how to do that.

I'm not even sure how to bring in the music when the units move but it might be a bit silly without the piper.

I'm working mostly on a European Map for Shogun 2 just now but when I get more spare time I'll look into adding it for the update to this mod.

madrush's Avatar Senator

There are mods out there that implement bagpipe marching tunes but the one I have replaces ALL the tunes with a variety of bagpipe songs. How to make it faction based, Idk. Would be nice to see because itll be weird to have the russians and swedes march to The Black Bear on bagpipes lol

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by madrush View Post
    There are mods out there that implement bagpipe marching tunes but the one I have replaces ALL the tunes with a variety of bagpipe songs. How to make it faction based, Idk. Would be nice to see because itll be weird to have the russians and swedes march to The Black Bear on bagpipes lol
    Just a guess but I imagine it might be attached to the culture. So it would be possible to do. Creating a Scottish culture would also allow you to put in things like a specific Scottish selection of buildings as well as Generals unit cards and things like that. But would probably be a lot of work.

madrush's Avatar Senator

Looked through the PFM napoleon DB. It seems like it could be possible to make a new culture. It shows a Slavic culture line a lot especially in the faction tables, character names and what not. Wondering if a new one can not be made, if its possible (more than likely) to revamp the existing Slavic culture to be a Celtic culture category or even Gaelic if you want it strictly more toward Scotland, Ireland and wales. As for making a faction or a culture specific music pack. Try getting in touch with Brigadier Gram, hes the ol king of music packs yet I'm not sure if hes dead to modding/twcenter (hasn't been any activity from him lately), shokh may be able to help or have you talk to one of his crew members from ongoing mods or Iutland (La montée de l'Empire), Steph (masters of Europe), or panzerschreck (that zulu mod, pretty sure he's managed to create a couple cultures). These are some of the guys I'd talk to to see if they know or any of their team has the know how.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by madrush View Post
    Looked through the PFM napoleon DB. It seems like it could be possible to make a new culture. It shows a Slavic culture line a lot especially in the faction tables, character names and what not. Wondering if a new one can not be made, if its possible (more than likely) to revamp the existing Slavic culture to be a Celtic culture category or even Gaelic if you want it strictly more toward Scotland, Ireland and wales. As for making a faction or a culture specific music pack. Try getting in touch with Brigadier Gram, hes the ol king of music packs yet I'm not sure if hes dead to modding/twcenter (hasn't been any activity from him lately), shokh may be able to help or have you talk to one of his crew members from ongoing mods or Iutland (La montée de l'Empire), Steph (masters of Europe), or panzerschreck (that zulu mod, pretty sure he's managed to create a couple cultures). These are some of the guys I'd talk to to see if they know or any of their team has the know how.
    I'll take a more serious look at it when I have more spare time. Spending most of my modding time at the moment on the European map for Shogun 2.

How can i add these units to Britain roster? I'm playing Darthmod with a number of sub-mods and edited files and thus combined the Scotland file units with the AUM unit file but it causes ctd on the loading screen. Is there a way of using these units as Britain

Foederatus

There was actually a model made by Wangrin for Empire TW of a bagpiper that I was going to borrow for this mod but it would also mean you would have to import the animation somehow and I don't know how to do that.

I'm not even sure how to bring in the music when the units move but it might be a bit silly without the piper.

I'm working mostly on a European Map for Shogun 2 just now but when I get more spare time I'll look into adding it for the update to this mod.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...light=bagpiper maybe this will help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast