Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eb2

Default Re: Eb2

To be honnest the battle map isn't where EB shines for me, it's the Campian stuff like traits and buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatar View Post
    To be honnest the battle map isn't where EB shines for me, it's the Campian stuff like traits and buildings.
    Thats my point with the MED2 engine and graphics it would be cool.
    On the campaign map .should be the same just copy traits ,rewrite units stats ,description then walla a little more skins then you could drool at the sight of a mercenary army or even just a home grown army. Oh as well as new animations, new special attack eg cow thingy in trebuchet ,you could add that function but instead of cows use heads instead

Flavius_Julius's Avatar Roman Engineer

Maybe the battle map isn't where it shines for you, but let's be honest here, the effects of the EB mod do extend to the battlefield, which is important for some people.

And besides all the new animation and skin possibilities, I think that the new musical system of changing tunes based on the environment you are in is an amazing addition.

Personally, I like both components, but yes EB does shine more in the campaign stuff. Still, extending it to battlefield skins and graphics would be a welcome addition, especially as there are simply NO roman mods for MTW2 right now... yet there are so many new things to take advantage of...
    In patronicvm svb Publius
    "... what people call genius consists mainly of making all the mistakes faster than anybody else." - anon.

William the Bastard's Avatar Invictus Maneo

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius_Julius View Post
    I think that the new musical system of changing tunes based on the environment you are in is an amazing addition.
    I did not even realize that happened! I guess it's just a subliminal attribute to a fantastic mod.

Flavius_Julius's Avatar Roman Engineer

Oops, I meant, it's an addition in MTW2, not in the current EB.... but it IS a component that EB2 can take advantage of. Form and function, after all!
    In patronicvm svb Publius
    "... what people call genius consists mainly of making all the mistakes faster than anybody else." - anon.

i would like to see these following factions:

1.thrace
    2.illyria(please not as barbarian faction they built cities by stone)
    3.another germanic tribe...
    4.maybie a black african faction..maybe numidia
    5.goidilic tribes
    6.britons
    7.pregamum

Pergamun is in, germanic tribes you already have Lugiones and Sweboz, britons you need to be more specific, Pritanoi are in and they are in britain, numidia is in (Kingdom of Massylia) ...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=454

EDIT : ... and why the bump?
    Last edited by Wulfburk; February 15, 2011 at 08:54 AM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

OMG... Dude, what's with you and going all Jesus here on everyone and reviving old threads on both forums? Stop trolling dude... Srsly

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by gentt5 View Post
    i would like to see these following factions:

1.thrace
    2.illyria(please not as barbarian faction they built cities by stone)
    3.another germanic tribe...
    4.maybie a black african faction..maybe numidia
    5.goidilic tribes
    6.britons
    7.pregamum
    1. There was not single nation called "Thrace", of the various Thracian tribes in EB's timeframe the only one that was powerful enough to merit being a faction is the Getai, who are also in the first EB.

2. Again there was not single nation called "Illyria", none of the individual Illyrian tribes were strong enough to merit being made into a faction.

3. Very very difficult to research, I wouldn't rule another one out completely but highly unlikely to happen.

4. We already have one of the Numidian tribes as a faction, the Massylii. The Numidians were not black Africans though, they are the ancestors of the modern day Berber peoples. We will not be having a black African faction due to technical limits imposed by the game.

5. There will be no Goidilic faction either.

6. They are already in EBII as the Pritanoi.

7. Again, already in EBII, they were the first new faction to be revealed.

Populus Romanus's Avatar Senator
    Redmond, Washington, United States of America

You people do realize tht there is an entire subforum for EBII, right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12