Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Add Ons

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Add Ons

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    It's highly possible you have already done this, but just to be clear: when you uninstall SAJ, just to be sure, after having unisnstalled the Mod, you should also look into the main folder of RTW-BI and manually remove any file belonging to SAJ.

I still need to try the new files, but having an old file by Ragimund installed (and running) on my third installed version of RTW-BI-SAJ (actually I've: RTW-BI vanilla, RTW-BI-SAJ and RTW-BI-SAJ-experimental with the script of Ragimund and the soundmod of Pseudo installed), I should build a new (the fourth) copy of RTW_BI to try the new add ons, and this thing is space/time consuming but I'll try to do it.
    Wait, do you install it in the BI folder? I always installed it in the Rome Total War folder, there shouldn't be any files SAJ files in the BI folder, should there?

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoEgo View Post
    Wait, do you install it in the BI folder? I always installed it in the Rome Total War folder, there shouldn't be any files SAJ files in the BI folder, should there?
    No, all option installs should be installed into the SAI folder.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragimund Von Wallat View Post
    better battles
    -new infantry mass...now your cav wont swept true your own infantry like nothing....inf now feel more rooted to the ground

-every unit that had sheildwall now always in sheild wall to help the ai.

-realistic budget in solidi with grain surplus available at carthage and alexandria

-roman now recruit legions,sassanid now recruit more infantry to support the cataphracts

-if at war and you destroy the most expansive troops of the ennemy then he may not be able to recruit them again....watch the money graph!

-troops that are tribal or feudal had theyre price let alone....sassanid have both kind

-xionite war machine of doom pikemen have been given a dose sleeping pill lol

-many more little tweaks here and there

-price of ship changed....transport are cheap to recruit but cost alot of upkeep due to seizing commercial ships...now destroying or loosing battle fleet is a big thing

-letting barbarians installed in roman land can be very dangerous has they will make the big money and only have to look after feudal/tribal troops ....if they figth your ennemy then....maybe you can gamble and let them for a year or two...dont forget to strike them in the back if they start to beat your opponent fast...otherwise will you be able yourself to stop them?

-mines give the realistic output to the state(from roman source) watch out if smelly barbarian seize some in illyria.

any feedback most appreciated,i want to thank Julianus for having let me mess around with his gem.I wish you will like it.Now to battle you bunch of cowards its not by reading this this that Ctesiphon will loot itself

TO BATTLE!

Please tell me Where I can find this Add on

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    Please tell me Where I can find this Add on
    Go to the Main Page & Download thread.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Go to the Main Page & Download thread.

Thanks mate. I already checked that thread before I posted my question though
    I only found the 12tpy script and the minimal recruitment option, NOT the 'better battles' by Ragimund.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    Thanks mate. I already checked that thread before I posted my question though
    I only found the 12tpy script and the minimal recruitment option, NOT the 'better battles' by Ragimund.
    The betrer battles is contained within the minimal recruitment option as Ragimund has made changes to unit stats in the edu.txt file.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    The betrer battles is contained within the minimal recruitment option as Ragimund has made changes to unit stats in the edu.txt file.
    Ok got it. thanks!

anyone has any feedback?i would like to know what do you think,and maybe some screenshot of your campaign...just to warm my old eyes

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

I've been playing as WRE, I'm only a few turns in and I'm still like over 200,000 negative and frankly I don't see myself getting out of it, unless I take some cities with already developed mines, and that won't be til I finish fighting off the hordes. I find battles a lot easier, I don't know if it's because of the psuedo shieldwall allowing the units to run faster or if I'm just getting better at the battles, probably a bit of both. Ill give an update when I get few more turns in or when I get out of the red.

200k is nothing now dont worry...use your army,capture mines...or important cities....or one of the 2 grain supply,carthage,alexandria....secure your border win your wars then restore the empire...build sea-trade too and with one or 2 years of peace with a full halve of the empire with no trouble inside your border you can amass 10 millions per year...as it is it give a realistic 4.5 -5mil....then you can start preparing to take the other halve...my best campaign with procopius i just had spain,gaul and britannia to finish my unification...those persians are demon keep an eye on them!

ah also yes the battles...i lowered the morale...so now leser levies wont figth to death unless theyre is a moral boosting commander present....but dont worry,after a while when you cant finish a war quickly ...and you try a retreat from persia(lol)thats your men that start to run lol
    Last edited by Ragimund Von Wallat; May 19, 2015 at 10:31 PM.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

My partner and I are going through a campaign together, and it's a blast. The first thing is, I noticed that I did not go into debt at all, but use all my money every turn which I think is an excellent balance. I like that units are very expensive to recruit as it makes each army important and worth keeping, and it is cheaper to for example transfer a cataphract unit from Gaul to Syria than disband it and recruit a new one, which I like.
    One question, will these changes be a part of the Alex version? I would love it if they were :-D
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

thx for the kind words,really appreciate it you know...also for the cash once your army have reached an appropriate size and every border are safe,you will be able to start stock piling money for your heir ...will you beat the record of anastasius who let 26 millions solidii to his heir?

for alx i cant say...only the man itself could answer you

also if you have any other observations let me know,as almost know one tell me anything about theyre campaigns...for myself i must admit i have a great campaign going on too

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

i like it. but i dont use because the continous shieldwall: i use a low intensity strategy and tactic, with a guerrilla/attrition approach, something like the small force theory of belisarius, few elite troops in the comitatus, especially missile cavalry, and heavy fortified cities, forts, when my agents and my border police (limitanei/auxilia praeventores) delay a german attack, i let them come, and wear out they with limitanei, making sally out during sieges with limitanei missile cavalry,especially during night, killing as much people i can by surprise, simulating withdraws for attract enemy units away from the army in ambush where i kill they separately, without accepting open battle,and immediatly withdraw inside wall when out of ammo. after some skirmish like that they re forced to retreat by attrition, starve, (supplies) and killed in action warriors in several little skirmish. they found a chain of fortifications, cities, forts, etc deeply in roman land, when they re enough decimated by assaults, by ambushes,by hit and run attacks of border troops, etc i attack with the comitatus, the field army, mainly surrounding they. and later pass the rhine, destroy all villages, destroying buildings etc and build forts with garrisons in their land, for look out they after the peace is signed. my tactic is based on hit the enemy by several points, for surround, with the constant shieldwall, i have a short line, (i use 2-3 lines of infantry,) and is difficult surround they. is much easier they surround me and i should use the rear lines for cover the gap. so, that's the only thing i dont like,, for the rest is perfect.
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Sorry, i can't get the 12tpy script from the links posted in the main download page. Any fresh links please?

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Sadly in my experience the 12tpy script doesn't work in its current form, if you are interested in it, you should try to contact the GREAT Ragimund Von Wallat who created a working version of it.

The Minimal Recruitment option won't download either. I can probably wait till the new release though
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

Just a note that I have included the add-ons as attachments to the first post of this thread.

Too late, I already dug my old laptop out from under the piles of junk it was hiding underneath and copied the files across thanks anyway though!

Can someone upload original 12tpy file? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simikus View Post
    Can someone upload original 12tpy file? Thanks
    Go to the first post in this thread and download whichever campaign you want to play. They contain the 12tpy scripts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast