Thread: [Released] Mercenary Pillagers & Mercenary Onagers Overhaul

Default [Released] Mercenary Pillagers & Mercenary Onagers Overhaul

Mercenary Pillagers & Mercenary Onagers Overhaul

Units with the raider trait are not easily kept under control. They throw torches spontaneously when there are buildings in the neighbourhood and some factions like the Viking Ancestor ones have a lot of them, including almost all of their cavalry. On the other hand I want this trait (actually called "attribute" in the files) in the game as it forms an extra difficulty when the enemy is plundering your settlement and I guess there is the advantage of a capture bonus. Also cavalry hordes throwing torches over their own heads?
    Another thing I wanted to change was the mercenary onager units (this time without touching the startpos file). Complex onagers were not something every rogue army could produce, so I wanted to change that also. For the Romans okay, but for "barbarians"?

In short, what does this mod do?

- The "Raider" trait is now called "Pillage" to avoid confusion with units called Raiders.
    - Regular troops do not put buildings on fire anymore, do not have this pillage trait.
    - Only all infantry melee mercenary units (apart from the Romans) throw torches to put buildings on fire, they all have the trait. They also have the capture bonus that comes with it.
    - Cavalry units do not throw any torches anymore, neither do missile units.
    - All mercenary onagers (apart from the Romans) are replaced with other units. Most are replaced by mercenary levy with the pillage trait, the Celtic onagers are replaced by archers as they already had mercenary levy units.
    - Onager capture chance increased from 10 to 25%.

Download 1 - Regular download (26 April 2015)

Download 2 - Download for my Unit size mod (26 April 2015)

Compatibility of this mod:
    - Should be compatible with almost any mods, I especially started from scratch to make it simpler & easily moddable as well as compatible with most mods. Unit mods will work as long as there are no additions in the unit_attribute_group files. For mods that add melee infantry mercenaries, these units will not have the new pillage trait.
    - The startpos file is untouched, which keeps it compatible with many mods: like campaign mods, TPY changes, etc.
    - Compatible with all of my own mods, like the bodyguard mod.
    - Savegame compatible
    Last edited by Viking1978; April 27, 2015 at 06:59 AM.

Default Re: [Released] Mercenary Pillagers & Mercenary Onagers Overhaul

Updated at 13:04:
    - fix: somehow I had deleted the text file that changed the word "Raider" to "Pillage" which was noticeable when browsing over the trait.
    - Onager capture chance increased from 10 to 25%

When I can download it? . Great mod

You can already download it. You just needed to click on the blue numbers, but I made it a bit more clear now.

Does your mod also restricts Sassanids and other eastern factions from having onagers?