Thread: Mod went from 'Amazing' to 'Meh'

Default Mod went from 'Amazing' to 'Meh'

So I was really enjoying this mod until I came to a realization that many of the cool, faction unique units were removed . I ended up rage quiting my HRE campaign because I couldn't recruit the awesome dm imperial knights. The mod regained my respect when I went on to a Novgorod campaign and saw the stat reblancing of dm druzhina and dm boyar sons (thus actually making them different) as well as eastern europe now being its own inclusive theater. However in my french campaign after ~100 turns it dawned on me that gendarmes were also removed. That's right, France's advertised unique unit was REMOVED. It really ruins the immersion of a campaign when you find your faction's roster has been blended into a generic 'western/iberian/eastern" European or middle eastern unit pools. I was really looking forward to commanding swarms of loyal imperial troops crushing heathens with their mighty maces or chasing down peasants with the fearsome gendarmes . I'm going to have to give my unit rosters a closer look for my next faction choice , but its just not enjoyable seeing faction specific units missing. Its especially lame that a heavy cavalry faction such as France lacks any unique heavy cavalry now =/

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Mod went from 'Amazing' to 'Meh'

I felt the same too..
    at first glance surely this mod looks amazing
    we got big map, +1
    many new region, +5
    kingdom units and factions included, +5
    eastern europe battle theater, +2
    lithuanian script, +2
    etc that I haven't found +?

until I felt something wrong here;
    where's that priceless spice on middle east? -1
    why the mongols already shown up and developed on 1180? shouldn't it be after 1225 ? -2
    where's timurid invasion script? -7
    why my favorite factions's unique units gone? -10
    why I'm facing developed aztec? -4
    why this mod prefer using garrison script while abandoning the core event of grand campaign (mongol & timurid invasion)?-4
    (those number are based on my personal opinion btw )

Long story short, I hope team can consider those matters to improve this mod. For this moment I dont have another choice except modify it myself in order to improve it. I hope team dont mind with that.

I agree I was digging the mod playing as the French then I realized I couldn't recruit gendarmes aventurier or mounted or dismounted French archers...

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

These units were remove because they gave an unfair advantage to the factions. This includes AI as well. Sorry, to disappoint. Also, you could add them back, an easy search on the modding boards here will help you.
    Cheers

the Leper King's Avatar Libertus

KGCM was the first mod for M2TW I ever played and I still play it from time to time, even after many years. The mod took my M2TW experience from a 6/10 to 10/10. Yeah, they left out some units but like Henry pointed out, they can easily be added back in with very basic modding techniques. I never modded any game in my life before playing KGCM but I learned pretty quickly after reading some of the stickied links in the TW Center forums. I was able to bring back units, change unit stats, faction religions, and even change units between factions, the latter being the main reason why I modded the game. Take a few minutes out of your day and look through the tutorials if you want to change a game to suit your needs. Its easy to learn and you'll gain a new respect for game developers and modders.

I have a submod that adds back all (i think all, can't remember) units, and changes pacing to make the game slower. Check the link in my signature if you're interested.

Haven't tried this mod yet myself but it's intended to add back all the vanilla units that KGCM removes. Forum post contains a list of those units.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-each-faction

Though to be honest build680's submod above looks better than the one I linked, might try that one first.