Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hellenika Manual

Default Re: Hellenika Manual

I was very busy yesterday but nevertheless I found some minutes to check my tables. I will look more thoroughly today but what I found with a first fast sweep was the following
    1) I think I found a mistake were when the message of the democratic rebellion should be shown only if koinon boioton exists the message shows even if the faction is extinct. In your case does it exist ?
    2) This event as it is stated in the message has some implications according to gameplay difficulty level. Armies may or may not spawn depending your level. In which level do you play?
    More stuff soon. Thanks for your feedback
    P.S when I was writing this message I did not notice your reply above. I will get into diplomacy and liberators in my next reply as well. Feel free to post whatever other stuff you feel you need an answer or clarification
    Last edited by Phalangitis; March 22, 2017 at 02:03 AM.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

First thanks for you replay, I appreciate your response. The answer to your questions.
    1-yes koinon boioton exist and they hold only Thebes.
    2-If I am not mistaken I am playing on normal level
    and thanks for your replay, again. Waiting for your next post.

Cheers

A quick summary on this era’s state behavior that is needed to explain our choices

In this period Hellenic city states only cared for themselves. Yes a Hellenic identity was present but in their hierarchy the city was first up until Alexander at least that inspired the pan-Hellenistic spirit (which again was fought even briefly by a coalition with Sparta as their leaders). Because of this all alliances were lasting only briefly and broken if one of the allied members was growing a bit too powerful. This is seen for example both in pre- Phillip Macedon which was allied both with Athens and Sparta depending on who was winning and more profoundly after the defeat of Athens and during the Spartan hegemony in the years of the so called Boiotian war. When Sparta was the winner Boiotia was half jealous half concerned that it will lose its independence so it was turned against their former allies after a democratic rebellion. What Athens did ? At first it embraced it and was sided with them as one could expect but after some years when the Thebans were gaining more and more power they betrayed them to join the Spartan coalition. The spirit was “no one should get too powerful” .

This is simulated in our mod with the in-game mechanics limitations of course.

First in Boiotian war case. At turn 121 the democratic rebellion occurs. Armies are spawned only for Legendary, very hard and hard difficulties. For normal and easy level no armies are spawned. After a while (around 136 turn) the war breaks officially only if you play as Sparta, Boiotia. War may break sooner also if Athens is too weak. Now in your case the war will not break out because as an Athenian player you are probably strong. This is logical because the 2 allies (Sparta, Boiotia) would not break their coalition when their main enemy is strong. Sparta and Boiotia would go to war only after the removal of the Athenian threat.

Now after liberating a faction yes you get a strong diplomatic bonus with them BUT you also get a diplomatic penalty (against all factions) according to how strong you are, taking into consideration number of regions, armies, money etc. So if you are very strong you inspire jealousy and the overall diplomatic status could be negative especially towards the end of the game. For some turns the liberated factions are “forced” to obey you but it will be no surprise if after a while they would turn against you especially if they are of different government (democracy or monarchy). Example is Sparta that After the Athenian fall the nearly liberated all Ionia from Persian occupation only to realize that their liberated “friends” were sabotaging their campaign against Persia.

In my games I use very often gifts to try to maintain a decent diplomatic level with problematic factions in my rear and usually this goes well. Fighting their –common- enemies is useful as well. Diplomatic techs (like pan-Hellenism) or fighting Persians and taking over their territory can give you huge diplomatic boosts that can keep things under control especially towards the end of the game were you are too powerful and diplomatic penalties are too powerful as well. With careful management weak alliances can be kept under a certain control I believe..
    Last edited by Phalangitis; March 23, 2017 at 06:10 AM.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Thanks very useful.

Cheers

Guys for all my pics in the manual I used photobuclet. Suddenly they made the site a paying one and they removed the ability to share pictures with other sites even for old subscribers unless we pay 400 dollars.
    I will need to upload all pics to other sites so for few days the manual will not show pictures. I will try to fix this soon but it will take few more days because I need to capture again some shots, edit them from scratch and reupload them..
    I apologise for this and thank you for you understanding. I expect this issue to be fixed in the next 5-10 days according to my working hours
    Last edited by Phalangitis; July 01, 2017 at 02:35 AM.

UPDATE 4/7/2017
    Pics fixed until stances section of the manual

UPDATE 13/7/2017
    Almost all Pics reuploaded. Only in two sections pics remain to be fixed.
    REINFORCEMENT SYSTEM and SCRIPTS

Good job Phalangitis !
    Great to see still someone investing precious time to keep this mod up-to-date !
    +rep.

Thank you very much my friend. It is taking more time than I expected because in photobucket's library, pics are somehow randomly placed, so I have to browse through many pages each time to locate the appropriate pic used in the specifIc place of the manual...
    Anyway two parts more and we are done

UPDATE 16/7/2017
    Only only some pics in SCRIPTS (last section) remain to be fixed

All pics restored/fixed..

Phalangitis, sorry if I overlooked the link, so do you have this manual in English language also available in .pdf format ?
    I want to preserve it that way and it is nicer, more effective, better, and offline readable that way.
    Thanks in advance, cheers !

Sorry for the delayed response. I am on vacation(after a looong year of work) with very bad signal.
    The only thing w got on downloadable content was the effects and interactions of them. For example how a defear effect is removed etc. The whole manual not. I am not sure how to do it but I think it must not be that tough. Maybe a copy paste to a word document. Will take a look on it upon my return close to the end of August. If you or someone else knows any Other easy way please tell me. Thanks. Cheers

So, Phalangitis, if I understand you well, you do not have all those written text backed up somewhere in files, but wrote it just directly here at TWC ?
    Last edited by Celtoi; August 18, 2018 at 04:13 PM.

Hey, does Leonidas appear on this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Lacnarb View Post
    Hey, does Leonidas appear on this mod?
    No mate, Leonidas was involved in the Persian wars which took place around 480 BC.
    This mod takes place 50 years after starting in 431 BC - it is known as the great peloponnesian war

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345