Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Beta Version Status : None

Default Re: Beta Version Status : 3.7 Version For the Last Roman DLC Download Here !!!

Some really nice changes Jun, looking forward to it Maybe I can finally finish a campaign without dropping it due to frustration. CA have fixed the siege AI and 3.7 will be out soon, time to try my ERE play through once again.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Beta Version Status : 3.7 Version For the Last Roman DLC Download Here !!!

Yeah,after play couple campaign i finaly understand, that rebel was not too smart compare original faction , since the world itself dominated by wre or ere, send those guys into early grave will create massive chaos rebel, creating multiple small tiny fraction.And its will led to player annex it little by little since there is no strong power able to oppose the player. While Hun stack take times to eventually creeping to player land.

By allowing those guys to survive early on, its will give player a chance to prove their skill to try destory the mighty wre or ere.In short, if player use non roman faction they need to deal with wre or ere eventually, if player use wre or ere they also need to deal with Hun, sasanid and other minor ai as well.

The diplomacy already tailored that even Hun itself will not suddenly hated, what we do in the world will reflected in diplomacy screen. Rather early hated without reason just because i am moslem and you are christian or you are celtic i am latin. Resulted diplomacy set in neutral mode mostly. That mean early alliance or pact was based on how we treat our nearby neighbour, as war approach, in the end we will bonding to fight common foe. So gone the days of hi am Jutes, everybody likes me, trade , non aggresion, military access, cmon you like me right ? Hi I am Picts, every britsh want to deal with me, we are friend with each other, lets gang WRE early on. Cultural and religon do help smooth early on but its dont give much value, to overcome real treaty value

I also added extra garrison to make campaign became slower then usual. The problem maybe fps gonna drop since the AI may bring more larger army then usual to actually capture your city. Anyways take a city require more carefull approach considering its not easy as usual. Its do help some minor faction to survive early on rather vanish into rebel like usual. You know usual story, the main army go conquer, the homeland ravaged by rebel. Extra garrison not stop rebel, buts its give the AI extra turn to actually come into rescue mode .
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Sounds great mate!

Btw don't forget NOT to include 'more garrison' for Radious version

What about your plans with Sassanids btw?
    In the end mostly it's them and their puppets surviving (and expanding throu Russia/Europe) rather than ERE

Will do.That because ERE was struck with massive war in all front from turn 1, its gonna different story if ERE do survive through early and very critical moment.Sasanid hmm i see thanks for new diplomacy system its realy not always in friendly term with other Arab faction. They do have their own problem.

Eventually WRE can collapse if Hun move toward their lands , but at least its due follow history rather collapse under 40 turn then usual, same like ERE.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Yeah I've tried an ERE campaign with my own edits to diplomacy (cultural & religion set to -10 at max) and it's been wild for the first 5 turns. The Visigoths ravage Greece, they sack both walled settlements and villages right from the start and to make matters worse you cant build a concrete army for a good 3 turns. By the time you're hunting them down the Gepids and Ostrogoths strike your northern towns, sacking them. By now the Sassanids have declared war and they're striking both your defended towns and the gaps you are forced to leave.

By turn 3-4 the Huns march south and raze or sack the village above Constantinople. Greece is in open revolt due to the sacking, there are Ostrogoth and Visigoth Hordes in your lands running just ahead of your armies. The Sassanids are burning the eastern side of the empire and you're scrambling to build armies to stop their advance. In the future you can see the Huns hordes marching south to burn your lands, and in the east you know the Sassanids are going to grow wildly out of control.

This is exactly what I'd hoped Attila would be like. Trying to survive all this is going to fun as all hell, especially now the AI can siege you properly.

Seem good, i already finish the preparation for vanilla version, the only left to do is port back to radious version, while there is some change that i do try to introduce, still this was gonna be so much of debatable, i still gone testing through whether the change is worth the damage its cause for certain faction

Seem good, i already finish the preparation for vanilla version, the only left to do is port back to radious version,some early change i decided to roll back for example ekstra Garrison,while there is some change that i do try to introduce, still this was gonna be so much of debatable, i still gone testing through whether the change is worth the damage its cause for certain faction

On year 423,huns are at one strength and they haven't moved according to my diplomacy function... is this a lie or? I thought they would get big stacks

Sorry dont understand the problem, what do you mean
    "they haven't moved according to my diplomacy function"
    is this a lie or?
    On what part ?

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Sorry dont understand the problem, what do you mean

On what part ?
    when i click on the huns in diplomacy, it says they're still in one area. They aren't going anywhere except staying around the same area. I don't think they're razing or conquering anyone even though atilla is here now.

Glitch, random bug perhaps, mine under turn 20 already at Constantinopele front gate

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

do you have any outdated mod etc in data folder?

and thay symbol in Diplomacy only shows the Faction leader's place, not the rest (unless you selected "Show Armies" option)

One thing to mention with 3.7. Remove the ability to recruit artillery from towns/cities. The AI spams them to an extreme degree which is a bit annoying, it also stops the AI attacking properly in battles, they tend to camp at the back of the map due to inferior infantry numbers which means you can fast forward and wait to win.

Ah why, you get your city bombarded ? Yeah i noticed it a bit the AI can spam it beyond what i already limited for it per stack, but if they get the basic requirement like cav, javelin, etc ,etc they do recruit similiar like what custom battle generated. Try auto generate army in custom battle that will reflect the AI army composition on late game.
    Anyways the Romans is sure dangerous having onager + lots heavy armored units

it also stops the AI attacking properly in battles, they tend to camp at the back of the map due to inferior infantry numbers
    What do you mean by that , can you give some picture for easier to understand , dont understand how can i fast forward and wait to win, since i either get slaughter by enemy catapult or worse. But i do remember its very hard to flank it since they guard their flank using artillery. The missile usualy guard the artillery.

Last Image using new Pre release Alpha 3.7 (the latest Beta not the beta you used right now)

Turn 40

The AI do occupy very much, only leaving 1 desolate area, seem green enough in my eyes, Arab faction seem the most dedicated real estate buyer.

WRE

Seem survive and doing well, not making a lot of enemy, even barbarian slowly take away its teritory

Ostrogoth

Expand like what the last of roman dlc map look like

ERE

Seem doing pretty well, dont get caught up with Sasanid war yet, very looking forward to see the match anyways

Hun

Scary and intimidating like usual but to my suprised not have all world hated in his back, notice the Hun dont even have war with WRE seem they already have enough enemy to beat into bloody pulp

Hun migration toward ERE land

God Bless Constantinople, its realy nightmare actually,notice the Sasanid army already enter ERE land perhaps they have military access or maybe they want to capture some settlement during chaos who knows

Army Composition

Despite i already setting the AI army composition sometimes they still try to spam certain unit, i do try make some experiment by enable easy recruit artillery from city, if the AI have access to more variety units they seem follow the line i made, rather spam mindlessly

Spam

Follow the army ratio

Best Composition

Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; July 08, 2015 at 06:57 PM.

Jun did you find a fix to the rebel issue? I noticed factions don't seem to be able to attack rebel towns/cities. They just sit outside them.

The artillery issue might be because I'm also using Radious. With both mods I've seen armies with as much as 12 units of artillery. They seem to spam it pretty extremely, it might be better to stop them recruiting it in the Radious version.
    Last edited by the herald; July 09, 2015 at 02:43 PM.

Usually the AI do attack rebel, but in some rare case the AI simply cant attack rebel especially the one who sit inside damaged city, dont worry for artillery i give you simple peek,the job already done, i think i should give it a go first for test drive, already finish most the work, maybe i only need some test first to see what i can polish, seem i have many need to fix on v 3.6

Maybe radious do tweak artillery unit quality , i should check it first , thanks for head up, seem worth to looking

Everybody happy, everybody win
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; July 09, 2015 at 03:15 PM.

in some rare case the AI simply cant attack rebel especially the one who sit inside damaged city
    Yeah that's the one. I noticed it a ton in the last roman campaign. Some areas have lots of conflict so towns and cities get super damaged, and then they sit outside them for ages. In my current campaign it's got seriously bad, the visigoths have lost most of spain to rebels and separatists, their only armies are just camped outside various villages.

You should post it to C.A bug, that definetly kind of ai lock up, try notice them, perhaps they can release the fix in next patch, its seem the AI trapped inside zone of Settlement , they want to attack but cant

Made a thread in their support forum, if you've got any examples to post it'd probably help.

link: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...64#post1404764