Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Beta Version Status : None

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Beta Version Status : 3.7 Version For the Last Roman DLC Download Here !!!

Just a note: Economy of Last Roman campaign is already good enough, just start is a bit hard but when you consolidate everything, you will be pretty rich, especially if you are trading because it gives tons of income. (see Legend of Total War, Vandalic kingdom campaign: https://www.youtube.com/user/LegendofTotalWar/videos )

Also corruption max limit has been decreased for LR (by CA), another thing that helps to big empires.

In the end you can buy those big empires after you got 40 territories, yes I'm not joking you can buy them.
    Just have a trade agreement with Visigoths or Ostrogoths and your income from trade will be ~20-30k.

But only one condition: You won't use elite units. Just cheap spear and hurler spam.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Beta Version Status : 3.7 Version For the Last Roman DLC Download Here !!!

Ah i see there are many ways to reduce economy part, for example i can do adapt Imperiales ways for example to do that , anyways the keys problem if player right ?? not the AI
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

I forgot to mention it was Legendary difficulty that he played.

Nah I don't think you need Imperiales method, just trade values are seem to be pretty high after some time: longtime partnership stuff and many resources on map

And as I said that campaign was only with cheap crap units

for AI problem is they are building the same type of building over and over again, as they have many bonusses of sanitation/public order they don't bother to do those (in Legendary difficulty at least, idk of others)
    Last edited by SharpEyed; June 30, 2015 at 06:13 AM.

Trade's one aspect of it, but even without it I was pulling in 30k per turn as the Franks. Got a bit absurd because I had 8 armies and was invading both Spain and Italy, while saving that 30k per turn because I'd upgraded everything. Before I declared war on both Ostrogoths and Visigoths I was up to 60k.

Apparently vanilla is much much harder due to the reduced income, you start with 900 per turn whereas Radious gives you 6k per turn. Makes quite a difference. Been hoping someone would make a submod for radious with higher upkeep and lower income but I've yet to see it. Wonder if you could mess with the tax value as a easy fix?

Radious idea was good, empire should have more money than vanilla, the problem is with more money you upgrade buildings faster, which gives more money, etc. It quickly snowballs into huge amounts quickly, and you end up with your whole empire fully upgraded in 60 turns. In vanilla it takes closer to 200+ turns to do that.

I wouldn't bother editing it though Jun, let Radious try and balance it out. I guess if people find Radious too easy it makes sense to just use CAI with vanilla instead.

@Jun I'll make a submod for the diplomacy I think, the values are a little too high for my liking, it reduces player control which isn't my cup of tea. Not fun starting a game and having to instantly exit and restart. I can understand the logic behind it though, it's a way to spice up the diplomacy and stop players gaming the system. If there was a way to stop it occurring at the start of the game that'd be good, but I'm guessing there isn't which is a shame.

I'll make a submod so I can disable it at the start, I'll remove it later to keep me on my toes. I like the idea of it at least, just a pain you can't implement it easier. Making the AI unpredictable is a good plan anyway, too often do I get into mid game where I just diplomacy my way out of trouble and pick off my enemies one by one. Problem is making it betray you at sensible times, quite a challenge indeed
    Last edited by the herald; June 30, 2015 at 06:40 AM.

That campaign wasn't played with Radious, it was pure vanilla and that much trade income (and long time partnership) : thou you should get some resources first

I think they did it like that to balance somehow because Roman expedition will get some help -if missions are completed-
    But I think they did it a bit extreme.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; June 30, 2015 at 06:42 AM.

Wow that's with vanilla, crazy. I've only played the Frank one so far, it's apparently incredibly hard in vanilla but I found it easy with Radious. Spent 40 turns or so making mega armies, upgrading France and making allies with everyone then I just started steamrolling. Got bored quickly.

I guess the problem with the other factions is the AI can't do well enough as the expedition so it's very easy to just tech up and trade with everyone. After that you just make tons of money and unless you feel like invading someone its GG really.

Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    Wow that's with vanilla, crazy. I've only played the Frank one so far, it's apparently incredibly hard in vanilla but I found it easy with Radious. Spent 40 turns or so making mega armies, upgrading France and making allies with everyone then I just started steamrolling. Got bored quickly.

I guess the problem with the other factions is the AI can't do well enough as the expedition so it's very easy to just tech up and trade with everyone. After that you just make tons of money and unless you feel like invading someone its GG really.
    Yup he didnt have much problem with Roman expedition as Vandals (yes start was a bit hard to consolidate the kingdom), as Legendary difficulty.

Well I did gave some bonusses to Expedition horde (in my overhaul and Better hordes mod) but idk if that will be enough for AI
    Thou if combined with Better AI they might be fine

Apparently vanilla is much much harder due to the reduced income, you start with 900 per turn whereas Radious gives you 6k per turn. Makes quite a difference. Been hoping someone would make a submod for radious with higher upkeep and lower income but I've yet to see it. Wonder if you could mess with the tax value as a easy fix?
    Well if that the case, then i can make its goes like normal economy

Err is this is using Better AI 7.7 Beta ???

So far i still dont test the Last roman DLC , since i still play current original grand campaign, maybe tonight i give it go along fixing the early bug you guys already found
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

I think it was without Better AI, I'm not sure thou I didn't get a chance to test yet

I wouldn't bother with Econ edits Jun, and if you do fancy it a submod would be best I think.

Default Re: Beta Version V 3.6 Status : Ready, Download here

Hey dude, can u make the ai more likely to attack the capital of the province. As far as I remembered I haven't seen any AI attacks my high well defended city in attlia.
    Ai will never attack the rebels' cities even their armies are raiding near them. Besides that even they surrounded the city they will never attack just wait there forever or they just lifted the seige.

Quote Originally Posted by heyicheng View Post
    Hey dude, can u make the ai more likely to attack the capital of the province. As far as I remembered I haven't seen any AI attacks my high well defended city in attlia..
    3.6 or 3.7 you speak about ?

As far as I remembered I haven't seen any AI attacks my high well defended city in attlia.
    Dont understand where is the problem, the AI doing fine actually on Beta 3.7 running with the latest patch

Capital : Yes
    Walled : Yes
    Garrison : Full stack

Ai will never attack the rebels' cities even their armies are raiding near them. Besides that even they surrounded the city they will never attack just wait there forever or they just lifted the seige.
    Its original bug from the game, i dont know wheter with the last patch along with The Last Roman DLC already fixed it or not, its beyond modder capabilities. Actually i see AI attack rebel city with no problem, while sometimes they are do stuck with it , but latest official patch already said fixed the AI Zone locked problem. But who knows

Hi, long time lurker here and I've been using 3.7... and I noticed there are no civilians in sieges when I use the mod. I'm using mods like, fall of the eagle, more civilians, units hold pikes, blood mod. Only a few mods. I turned them off/on and check sieges and found that with everything on, but with better ai 3.7 off, the civilians were back in sieges. Any fix for this?

Thanks for reporting will try to figure the problem out

3.5 actually ..... I was afk for 2 months. I will try 3.7 now

reporting of 3.5 when there is 3.7 :/

Its okay i already sort out the problem, its seem there is limit regarding how much you can put civilian number in battle field, back there i crazyly put 3000 number but , seem the AI refused to grant that magical number, after toying for almost hours i found any number above 500 will resulted in smaller civilian population, eventually lead to zero

Ai siege seems better after patch......in my campaign WRE captured Urbuzis in the first turns(owner Alamans) few turns later it was captured by Marcomans without Onager edits help(i delete it and other cheat help^^ ).........in the same time Britannia was Invaded by serveral Factions and the Picts and Caledonians besieged the most of the island......the Vandals own Saxon province and so on.....no camping beside some ships for a few turns
    Last edited by Teil; July 01, 2015 at 08:22 AM.

That why i said the latest patch in theory will benefit this Mod greatly

Noticed the same issue with civilians.

@Jun any idea how you'd strengthen the AI's ability to keep their treaties? Trying to get the AI to keep your alliance going with 3.7 even if you don't have amazing relations. I could bump up the positive relations from alliances but that effects other things.

Is there a database entry for percentage chance the AI keeps/breaks treaties?

E: Forgot I asked, reducing the religion intolerance and such means they come through for you when they should.

One thing to mention for 3.7, the Hun AI starts with positive relation with the ERE if they don't get the religion trait by chance. I'd change the penalty for war by a little, perhaps up it from -50 to -70? That should balance it out, and it makes more sense that way too.

As an aside, I had an idea earlier for making the horde factions a little more powerful. Is there anyway to have the game spawn more hordes/armies at the start of the game? Changing the Startpos seems like a bad idea for compability so I'm wondering if there's another way. Scripting maybe?
    Last edited by the herald; July 01, 2015 at 03:35 PM.