Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Beta Version Status : None

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: (Updated) Beta Version V 3.6 Status : Ready, Download here

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Interesting, but somebody will yell to you if you made any sataptry that refuse join war, you can make mod for that mate, keep doing what your doing
    Nah I didn't mean that, let's say u called them and they didnt join = automatically you are at war with them (vanilla default), but it seems we can change that?

Thou yes most ppl wouldn't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    I pray for that too, Total War itself have more visual modder then AI modder. That why you can find many improvement to graphic but feel the game still soulless.
    Ikr. I play with max performance settings and I don't care much about graphics being bad.. Or UI has been changed etc.
    Broken AI = no Fun, simple.

But for me, well my lappy not good enough for tests.. Loading times, end turn times.. It's painy..

Fixing that 'Great power' stuff fixed AI vs AI diplomacy too, fyi

- - -

On the other hand Raiding still makes positive effects when it needs to make negative, and makes negative when it needs to make positive.

Do you think the positive one causing the problems?

Click to view content: 

AI's raiding love of Desolated areas, sigh -.-

Click to view content: 

- - -

heheh, Garrison for Horde buildings

Click to view content: 

Last edited by SharpEyed; May 10, 2015 at 03:23 AM.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Do you think the positive one causing the problems?
    Okay already fixed it, another bug down

spoiler

AI's raiding love of Desolated areas, sigh -.-
    Okay i now added new structure that logically should told AI to not doing any kind of raid, do you have save game that i can use ?

heheh, Garrison for Horde buildings
    Hehehe its better then nothing
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Okay already fixed it, another bug down
    Nice!
    So basicly I should change "3" to "-3"?

Okay i now added new structure that logically should told AI to not doing any kind of raid, do you have save game that i can use?
    Aye, I upload 2 of them (auto_save one is the turn before they start to do that, Quick Save is the current turn)
    You need Radious units mod btw.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mb...vq5/Huns_2.rar

Hehehe its better then nothing
    As long as no bugs/crashes etc because of it, no worries for me

Yep yep, its my error anyways i increse a little bit from 3 to 5, i guess its still on acceptable level.Now its time to test the save game , will report back
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Yep yep, its my error anyways i increse a little bit from 3 to 5, i guess its still on acceptable level.Now its time to test the save game , will report back
    Yea no worries, it was supposed to be a bit bigger anyway, since Religion etc effects much.

Btw how much relationship is needed for Alliances in avg?
    I have more than 300 with some faction but still Low, thou it might be because I'm a Horde

Hard to say, sometimes i see i have high relation ship but still AI refused it, but normally any relation above 100 should clearly good starting point to do any kind of treaties, usually u need offer money they will agree for it.

I created hard so the AI dont simply build alliance in turn 1 , anyways i think i give cold blood trait to hun, since most of their army spawn in snowy region, its seem there is correlation between undamaged forces vs damage forces in term of city attack probability.

The theory itself the fresh the troop the higher the chance its didnt do raiding

Hard to say, sometimes i see i have high relation ship but still AI refused it, but normally any relation above 100 should clearly good starting point to do any kind of treaties, usually u need offer money they will agree for it.

I created hard so the AI dont simply build alliance in turn 1 , anyways i think i give cold blood trait to hun, since most of their army spawn in snowy region, its seem there is correlation between undamaged forces vs damage forces in term of city attack probability.

The theory itself the fresh the troop the higher the chance its didnt do raiding
    Hmm well I offered some money and it's clearly not turn 1
    I will see

- - -

Hmm cold blood trait for Huns, well good idea but a bit too much advantage
    Thou they should have created some skill/trait something like that anyway.

I mean rather than having it with Civil technologies who knows when (it's at the end of the end literally), could have something like one General skill of Germans, which will lower the attirition by %50 with 1st and %100 with 2nd level, and not hard to unlock it.

Or basicly add the technology effect to somewhere closer.

Because they obviously get too much attirition by snow.

Click to view content: 

The technology effect I was talking about. All of the Civil techs at the 4th part must be completed to unlock, bleah.

- - -

Btw those scripted Hun armies have %0 upkeep
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 10, 2015 at 05:22 AM.

All Huns get 0% when Attila is alive I think. But the ones that spawn say in the 405 should still require upkeep? I'd need to check though I'm not 100% on that.

Nice work on the raiding btw, I noticed they were doing that alot in desolate regions too.
    Last edited by the herald; May 10, 2015 at 06:23 AM.

oh wow wth these armies trying to do, I have no idea

Click to view content: 

I've noticed they've started to travel really far to kill their enemies, they don't seem to prefer the player though. A good example is the ERE save I have, my eastern client states are invading the north to kill the Huns. The sassanids have traveled halfway across the map to do it. The illyeans and italians have done the same, it seems to be quite a new change in 3.6 because I don't remeber them doing it in 3.5.
    Last edited by the herald; May 10, 2015 at 07:13 AM.

Good or bad do you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    I've noticed they've started to travel really far to kill their enemies, they don't seem to prefer the player though. A good example is the ERE save I have, my eastern client states are invading the north to kill the Huns. The sassanids have traveled halfway across the map to do it. The illyeans and italians have done the same, it seems to be quite a new change in 3.6 because I don't remember them doing it in 3.5.
    Well I'm not sure, these guys had only 2 enemies (well Germanic factions mostly dont fight with each other) ,me and my puppet (now only me)

Even if you are right, they seem to stay near to their cities as well

Before I start to use this mod, they would follow me thru whole world, 3.5 stopped it, and now they seem to start again.
    I'm not sure if it's good or not.

Cutting down the distance a little might be good if it's possible. It's good that they expand and attack their enemies but they should prefer to fight locally most of the time. Italians fighting the huns when they have angry neighbours isn't terrible but it'd be beter if they fought the people near them instead of on the other side of the map.
    Last edited by the herald; May 10, 2015 at 08:23 AM.

I have an idea about Diplomacy, what you say about applying the "Great power" trick to all factions (except for WRE and ERE) that you done for Huns?
    Maybe not for starting but for mid-game?

Because I believe it would kill most of the permanent alliances/puppets, well some will stay for like forever still but it's beter than none

Well , i wanted that too, but the things is, is using hole left from political system where the game recognize 2 things, hun and all faction except it. Unless you figured out the way to separate them.

Well , i wanted that too, but the things is, is using hole left from political system where the game recognize 2 things, hun and all faction except it. Unless you figured out the way to separate them.
    Ah :/

Okay people, i will release the 3.6 official release on 17-18 May, since i am superstitious person, the main work already done, and i decide to play one campaign as Northman , (guess to much watch vikings made me do it ). Perhaps make final edit during playing the actual campaign

3.5 to 3.6 Beta the change already lot, but 3.6 Beta to 3.6 Official release also change lots of things. You may notice from the Hun who actually posed real threat from quantity and his indirect threat to your land , artillery warfare (will post video to understand better but you can check in my rome 2 thread here , you get the idea), army composition (the idea itself half your army is land units, another half is mixed between cavalary and siege artillery,its will shine when its have 2 stack for example since the composition designed for all around purpouse, the more same stack AI have the more its effective during battle), political stuff (some of you already tasted it on Beta, Internal politic is realy pain in the ass and can cause your downfall, think again before expanding before your other noble and lord or jarl trying to wrest power from you by doing civil war), i also will release Better Arrow version to support radious version as well, its do maximize archer potential in field of battle , and not forget more smooth and fluid AI reaction using already refined cutting edge AI. Oh right i also fix diplomacy part, its not as hard as 3.5 , now its more easier, but for defensive and military alliance its require more work like usual.

For Beta tester that still want to report bug or throw some idea, feel free to do it , for final change during this 4 days

Enjoy to use this thread for 4 -5 days later since i will lock and delete this thread considering its already served it purpouse
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; May 12, 2015 at 04:54 PM.

sounds good to me
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 12, 2015 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks for your help also Sharpy