Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Beta Version Status : None

Default Re: Beta Version Status : V 4.2 E (Pre Alpha) Released !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    What's abused ability?
    Apparently he changed formations so you can't use shieldwall to defend in sieges since it gave the player an edge over the ai since they didnt know how to use it themselves. Going to try it out and see if i like it or not.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Doing a campaign w/ v42d + better hordes submod.

406 AD - Pretty great campaign so far - but ran into a tiny 'issue' - the Hunnic separatists - apparently they are granted the same stack respawn ability as the Huns.
    Unless i can somehow bribe the Huns into joining me in war vs them to eliminate the faction and pray when the time comes Attila doesn't have a brother my future looks pretty grim

The Dragon of Echigo's Avatar Foederatus

Hello,

I'm asking here, since you said so on Rome2 section to monitor any news regarding new Rome2 version of your BCAI mod for DEI, which sadly doesn't work anymore with your last update for it made around October last year if I remember correctly, and since DEI patched their version not too long ago thus it ain't working anymore. DEI is great, but AI is just too passive and stupid, and that makes playing even DEI masterpiece boring pretty quickly IMO. So it would be really appreciated if you could update your very good BCAI mod for it once you find the time in near future.

Thanks for your work, and hopefully R2 gets some needed attention on CAI front.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Quote Originally Posted by johnmck View Post
    Apparently he changed formations so you can't use shieldwall to defend in sieges since it gave the player an edge over the ai since they didnt know how to use it themselves. Going to try it out and see if i like it or not.
    You can abused phalanx formation using pike wall ability though provided you do have pike unit, however the AI if i recall also able to use it since its active formation.And the AI able to use wedge and diamond formation effectively, make things quite fair. Both of human and AI can use the same ability, the rest depending of strategy factor and army ratio and bit of luck.

Rather automaticly invicible like 300 movie

But some static ability like tetsudo,shield screen etc etc not change at all,since not every faction have access to that ability.
    However common ability like spear walled and shield walled is gone for good, replaced with wedge and diamond formation.
    I saw AI use that ability before engage with player make things quite even. The formation itself already been buffed, spear will gain momentum and extra attack while sword/axe will gain bonus defense againt arrow and melee.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon of Echigo View Post
    Hello,

I'm asking here, since you said so on Rome2 section to monitor any news regarding new Rome2 version of your BCAI mod for DEI, which sadly doesn't work anymore with your last update for it made around October last year if I remember correctly, and since DEI patched their version not too long ago thus it ain't working anymore. DEI is great, but AI is just too passive and stupid, and that makes playing even DEI masterpiece boring pretty quickly IMO. So it would be really appreciated if you could update your very good BCAI mod for it once you find the time in near future.

Thanks for your work, and hopefully R2 gets some needed attention on CAI front.
    Give me some time, i will try to reupdate BACAI rome 2 section, also bring Attila update into Rome 2 version as well

Quote Originally Posted by Drowsy View Post
    Doing a campaign w/ v42d + better hordes submod.
    406 AD - Pretty great campaign so far - but ran into a tiny 'issue' - the Hunnic separatists - apparently they are granted the same stack respawn ability as the Huns.
    Unless i can somehow bribe the Huns into joining me in war vs them to eliminate the faction and pray when the time comes Attila doesn't have a brother my future looks pretty grim
    Try to replace the V 4.2 D with 4.2 E, depending on what faction you play its will change the outcome very differently, the different between 4.2 D and 4.2 E itself only small minor tweaks like ability and other small tweaks just to polish the mod, what make 4.2 E so special because its already have complete version , like artillery and non artillery, with economy and non economy, all that stuff that can change the gameplay differently atmosphere
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; April 05, 2016 at 06:29 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Junaidi83,
    Awesome job on the mod. It's great to be playing again and all the changes make for a fantastic experience. Two questions. 1. Fall of the Eagles mod recently partnered up with Europa Perdita mod. Does your mod work correctly with both of those, since I notice that EP adds some additional factions (nomadic I noticed)? Or should I just play FotE without Europa Perdita in order for your mod to be most effective. 2. I notice FotE is doing a lot of updates frequently, will you have to release an updated BCAI every time they update?

Hmm i never test mixed version, but you can try this on mod load order

1.bacai
    2.Europa Perdita
    3.Fote

Then compare the result with normal
    1.BACAI
    2.FOTE

Just play 20 turn is enough to reveal which setting do you like , your game your rule, your experience , enjoy
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

The Dragon of Echigo's Avatar Foederatus

Give me some time, i will try to reupdate BACAI rome 2 section, also bring Attila update into Rome 2 version as well
    Great, and thanks for quick answer. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Hmm i never test mixed version, but you can try this on mod load order

1.bacai
    2.Europa Perdita
    3.Fote

Then compare the result with normal
    1.BACAI
    2.FOTE

Just play 20 turn is enough to reveal which setting do you like , your game your rule, your experience , enjoy
    You have to load FOTE before Perdita or it won't work

After perdita*

Hello! Thanks for making this great mod! Does older versions, for example V 4.2 D, work with new radious april update?

They tried to tame you
    Looks like they'll try again

No, because there is no radious version to support radious april update, however when 4.2 official version is released then you can found bacai radious version, its maybe take 1-3 days after i wrote this for 4.2 official version to be released

Junaidi,
    what exactly do you change in the radious version? Recruiting? fame levels?
    I use your latest version with radious and don't have "problems"...
    One question: where can you set the amount of money the ai receives per turn concerning the difficulty levels?
    Greeting!
    Thank you for ur mod! Can't play without it!

Junaidi,
    what exactly do you change in the radious version? Recruiting? fame levels?
    I use your latest version with radious and don't have "problems"...
    What latest version ? there is no radious version yet, the only radious version ever exist was 4.1, you mean use latest version beta 4.2 E vanilla version ??? vanilla version dont work realy well with radious, since many value became overlap so the effect that should exist never show and vice versa, i do need create specific BACAI radious version specifically to overwrite radious value, you can use vanilla version but there will be some overlaps betwen value. Any person who already taste 4.2 E will know the difference, just ask their opinion around
    One question: where can you set the amount of money the ai receives per turn concerning the difficulty levels?
    Never know i never give AI money boost at all, i prefer soft tweak from several angle like upkeep etc etc

Greeting!
    Thank you for ur mod! Can't play without it!
    You welcome i almost finish the work, however got interrupted due many factor from setting up new home theather system to daily work, realy left me almost no energy to do modding job every night. I see what i can do regarding radious version.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; April 12, 2016 at 12:12 AM.

Thank you for your answer, mister Bodemloze!

They tried to tame you
    Looks like they'll try again

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011