Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta Version Status : None

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Icon4 Beta Version Status : None

Here the places for future Beta version release, since i learning from my mistake, i should create open beta tester , rather closed one, because maybe 5 people still doesnt enough to find the bug in Beta version

You can use the Beta version and report any problem you find regarding AI, as normal human i always prone to make mistakes , especially modding in the morning with half my eyes still closed.

BETA Status Download : None

Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; April 12, 2016 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Added New Version
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Default Re: Beta Version V 3.6 Status : Ready

Okay everyone, the long awaited Beta Version 3.6 now open, feel free to test it and share your feedback
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; May 05, 2015 at 02:52 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Beta Version V 3.6 Status : Ready, Download here

Hello mate,

Well sorry that I couldn't test many things but stupid turn passes took so long of my time anyway..

So, now great power might be a bit bonus, if Faction leader has Admire trait, Nice!
    Basicly they respect/fear you, I mean that's what Admire is! That's something I was always looking for. (Thou didn't come to my mind how to do)

AI is clearly more agressive. It's what we wanted, thou will be much harder for Hordic AI factions - might be solved lowering the population cost of Creating new hordes (and buildings)

Anyway most likely I will re-activate Forced march with full version, so, can't wait

- - - -

For Artillery version, hmm good idea but in Attila, artillery is very accurate (At least AI's anyway), fyi

- - - -

For Imperium, hmmm now all goes 90 by 90, better than previous but I still would prefer 1st and 2nd be a bit shorter (like 50-75 or 60-80 sth like that)

Click to view content: 

These still won't attack, but they won't run away to somewhere else when they see me either, just stay in fortified position till I attack
    (Yes I've waited few turns, even besieged their settlement, but no move)

Well almost fifty fifty, thou they have fortified stuff and auto-resolve odds guesses are really bad.
    Even night battle doesn't help much to me.

And hmm something crazy like this might happen (it's something you want yes yes! )

Click to view content: 

Well there are 3 more armies beside tbh. (That's why I said 'crazy') And they will follow me throu another faction's land by transpassing.
    It's a bit much but well that faction is my ally (not yet war with them), so AI doesn't care about trespass I guess

- - - -

Btw u might wanna lock other Download thread, for now.
    Just saying
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 06, 2015 at 03:52 PM.

ahh... finaly

will report feedback soon ..

just played saxon with v3.6 beta only, the game ended in 396ad when franks army took my last settlement on british island. nice!

diplomacy issue: anglo was acting weird, they offered a trade agreement when i was at war with four factions, and my military action wasnt going well, in fact, my capital was just raided by longbeard and my king along with his starting army was totally destroyed, the force left wasnt even full stack, yet i still manege to demand 1800 gold in that agreement anglo was offering. i did had a lot of money in my treasury, maybe this cause the problem, that anglo's CAI didnt realize that the saxon was actually weak at the time. trade agreement could be fine, but give 1800 that much to a weak possiblely friendly neighbor doesnt seem to be a clever move. they could use that money to alliance with others instead of a dying gasp.
    later i encounter something i do like a lot: another faction offer to join the war against one of my enemy for a price. but the price they asked was too low, less than 0.2k gold i think. but at that moment i had 10k gold due to the totally defeat of my king's army, i would say yes even they wanted 2 o 3k.

about artillery: they are too easy to access and really accurate, i think they should be nerfed instead of empowering xD

Hmm about artillery accurate, i dont tweak any stats at all, i only use what vanilla stats already provided. About easy access, well that the point of artillery warfare right ? If its hard to access then AI will never recruit it.

About money the AI offer during trade, they just want to easy secure the deal with Human, which clearly succed from my perspective, its give you nice offer that you cant say no right ?

If you already used V 3.5 how you compare it with 3.6 in term of AI movement behaviour, is that more better or worse ?, you can notice it from how they react to threat, how they attack, defend and withdraw his army on campaign map

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Hmm about artillery accurate, i dont tweak any stats at all, i only use what vanilla stats already provided. About easy access, well that the point of artillery warfare right ? If its hard to access then AI will never recruit it.
    Well I was talking about vanilla accuracy, didn't say u changed it

So Onagers can be recruited from 1st levels of military buildings..
    Well idm that, if their accuracy get to be lowered, at least AI's. As they are like almost guided missiles atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    If you already used V 3.5 how you compare it with 3.6 in term of AI movement behaviour, is that more better or worse ?, you can notice it from how they react to threat, how they attack, defend and withdraw his army on campaign map
    Well u see my photo, and they react better now as I said
    I'm not sure if they would follow (hordes especially) through whole map, but possibly, as they trespass thru other factions soil

Anyway I think I should start a new game and let some turns pass and see how often they declare war etc, because AI would declare war/s immediately the turn they encounter a new faction with 3.5 (well if - relationships, which mostly is)

Btw is it possible to not let AI declare war if their settlements are far away from the other faction?
    I mean let AI fight with neighbours 1st..
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 07, 2015 at 03:15 AM.

Btw is it possible to not let AI declare war if their settlements are far away from the other faction?
    I mean let AI fight with neighbours 1st..
    Hmm hard to say, since we realy dont know what happens after end turn how the ai logic deal with creating diplomacy, war and stuff .

Anyways i plan to revert back, some original vanilla setting , here the case

- In Better AI 3.6 Beta and 3.5, you notice right AI will not spend time idle, after they sack the city then they continue to attack again either, liberate, sack again or doing any stuff they like.

Now i plan to revert back, some core setting regarding how AI view city that they already sacked, i intend to let them ignore any city they sack for like 3 turn ( 4 in vanilla) and proceed to other fresh city, creating chain of pillage ton of rebellion.

The Pro : Its will make life AI and other human misserable since they need to deal with rebel, also its make great horde faction may settle more longer since they sack more lot city then usual.

The cons : The AI may not expand his own teritory faster, since every city they sack they left again for another 3 turn then they can add as valuable target. Make the progress is bit slower then usual, where usually after several sack, they ended occupied the city.

What do you think, should we let AI wait or not ???

Hmm hard to say, since we realy dont know what happens after end turn how the ai logic deal with creating diplomacy, war and stuff .
    Right, I wanted to try my chance
    Because u said that if a faction is far away (with 3.5), it will not be that possible to make military access or alliance treaties, so I thought if it is possible to make the same with Declaring war as well

Anyways i plan to revert back, some original vanilla setting , here the case

- In Better AI 3.6 Beta and 3.5, you notice right AI will not spend time idle, after they sack the city then they continue to attack again either, liberate, sack again or doing any stuff they like.

Now i plan to revert back, some core setting regarding how AI view city that they already sacked, i intend to let them ignore any city they sack for like 3 turn ( 4 in vanilla) and proceed to other fresh city, creating chain of pillage ton of rebellion.

The Pro : Its will make life AI and other human misserable since they need to deal with rebel, also its make great horde faction may settle more longer since they sack more lot city then usual.

The cons : The AI may not expand his own teritory faster, since every city they sack they left again for another 3 turn then they can add as valuable target. Make the progress is bit slower then usual, where usually after several sack, they ended occupied the city.

What do you think, should we let AI wait or not ???
    Hmmmm, hard question there..
    Uhm Something between both is possible?

Well, it will be harder for the factions that rather weak against opponents, don't think will effect the attacker (assuming they are the winner)
    'A bit' slow progress is fine with me actually, but occupying the city they already sacked

And what about Nomadic factions? Since they can't settle, how you will balance the stuffs for them?
    Or hmm, more sack = more money, well then let the creating new hordes easier by lowering the population cost (if you didn't already) so they might have a better chance against other AI (while Army limits are high especially)

Also I've seen some bonusses that u added to Hordes (just now while going thru some tables), they are cool

- - - - -

Btw is it possible for AI to sack and raze at the same turn? (as Player can)
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 07, 2015 at 04:34 AM.

And what about Nomadic factions? Since they can't settle, how you will balance the stuffs for them?
    Hmm, no either city is raze or sack, its depend on their luck, normally as you see, on V 3.5 after the horde sack the city the nuke it, now if i set it for wait 3 turn,they left it to rebel, and search for new prey until 3 turn passed. Enough to give AI some distance between last victim and new prey.

Uhm Something between both is possible?
    Not possible its will effect all AI, that why the change is quite drastic, i need more opinion, anyways till now the AI mostly act like efficient predator, first they sack, then they liberate, or raze or occupu after that.

If i revert the setting, the AI only act like vulture, evey city they sack they will left and search new prey, the problem is with this the AI will expand slower since they have less city then usual.

Tough choice after all

Hmm, no either city is raze or sack, its depend on their luck, normally as you see, on V 3.5 after the horde sack the city the nuke it, now if i set it for wait 3 turn,they left it to rebel, and search for new prey until 3 turn passed. Enough to give AI some distance between last victim and new prey.
    Well Ostrogoths would raze all the cities they captured (against player at least), but Nomadic ones didn't do much raze with my last gameplay (talking of 3.5)

And yea I guess 3 is good enough
    Also enough time for "prey" faction to get stuffs together: to defend theirselves, or counter attack.

Not possible its will effect all AI, that why the change is quite drastic, i need more opinion, anyways till now the AI mostly act like efficient predator, first they sack, then they liberate, or raze or occupu after that.

If i revert the setting, the AI only act like vulture, every city they sack they will left and search new prey, the problem is with this the AI will expand slower since they have less city then usual.

Tough choice after all
    I was obviously joking about "midway"

Anyway, right, less city = less income (well if u have low amount of cities at least)

A bit slow is good for me actually, but idk what else to tell tbh, more opinions would be better for sure, thou it seems we lacking of Beta test reports this time
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 07, 2015 at 07:00 AM.

Hmm maybe yes maybe no hard to say, for beta itself any number above 20 is acceptable the problem will they report back or not ?

Hmm maybe yes maybe no hard to say, for beta itself any number above 20 is acceptable the problem will they report back or not ?
    Yea I meant report number, my bad.

- - - -

So this bug still stays

Click to view content: 

- - - -

Vanilla game seriously sux, I can test the mod with using Radious mod etc still but well I wanna be %100 sure of everything I said (as it's Beta), so I de-activated most of the mods.

1stly will go with Geats for a bit (to see how's WRE and Germanic factions doing), then Huns (to see how they treat Hordes now, declaring war the turn they encounter or not etc) and then ERE maybe, or Ostrogoths something (to see what Sassanids and puppets gonna do).

Anyway, as I guessed you did big changes about Loyalty.
    High political power = more tax, but much less Loyalty. Ok, fair enough.
    But having "wavering loyalty" with my all our starting family members and other nobles (except Faction Heir) is not something fun.

And I see you didn't change Faction traits of Separatists, so they still have -%50 upkeep for all of their forces.
    So it will be very bad I'm sure. I mean game might end before even it starts (Most of the factions have high Political power at start)

- - - -

Turn 1:
    6-7 Factions at war with WRE as always
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 07, 2015 at 10:50 AM.

Ehh i dont touch any trait for separatist, is there something urgent that i probably miss ?

Ehh i dont touch any trait for separatist, is there something urgent that i probably miss ?
    I know you don't (it's vanilla), that's why I'm keep saying

Hmm, don't know yet, but I hope not, will see
    (Edited previous post a bit)
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 07, 2015 at 10:53 AM.

(Most of the factions have high Political power at start)
    Believe or not its slower the early aggresion, most faction busy killing their close relative. After they finish their internal dispute then they can dream to conquer other land. You want loyaltly ? Sure just lower the political grip. Other solution, try focus your king to increase loyalty to what do you think deserve as your right hand man or perhaps send one of your assassin, to take care the dirty business.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; May 07, 2015 at 11:14 AM.

Believe or not its slower the early aggresion, most faction busy killing their close relative. After they finish their internal dispute then they can dream to conquer other land.

I even see Eastern rebel believe or not
    Yes I noticed ur aim mate, but idk, maybe I'm judging too fast
    Thou 'influence" stuff is a problem, I've no one to do "Secure loyalty", not even wives

For Eastern rebel, well I've seen Causasia and Eastern before as well but they mostly don't last long
    I will see how it's gonna be this time
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 07, 2015 at 11:12 AM.

Waiting for more feedback from our co patriot beta tester

Waiting for more feedback from our co patriot beta tester
    You mean Delicate Strawberry? I hope so

And well the main problem is Faction leaders don't have good enough influence, so it causing more Loyalty penalty for others

Need some changes like this mod does:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tila-Total-War

(Yes 8 influence per turn is a bit much, I know)

- - - -

Hmm some Artisan buildings giving Onagers to garrison, okay but I think wrong building chain has it?
    Smith chain has, instead Carpenter one

- - - -

So ERE v WRE relationships depend on luck, they might break all treaties, or they might stay strong together.
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 07, 2015 at 03:05 PM.

Uh oh..

I think I just found 2 bugs..

1st, at start there is already Civil war.. So one Horde is already lost.
    But this is not all.

(Tried Normal and Hard difficulty, same)

Click to view content: 

Armies are invisible, can't move (there is a red cross, but photo didn't took it) , can't end the turn, so basicly can't play.

Click to view content: 

This one is not bug, but a problem.
    Even if I could play, there would be 2 more rebellion next turn.

Okay tried Alans, there is no problem with them, and AI Huns seems doing okay (no invisible stuff etc)
    Don't think they have Civil war something, would see that on Faction list right?

Can't see their 3rd stack but they are 4th in strength, so I must be right.

- - - -

Okay Horde hatred is still going on.
    The moment they see you, they will declare war. (They = Settled factions)

And hmm they follow Hordes like crazy now
    While trying Alans (to see what's going on world), I just got annihilated by Abasgians (they passed to Crimea just to kill me
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 07, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast