Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask and Answer all about Campaign AI stuff

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Ask and Answer all about Campaign AI stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Its on campaign difficult handicap Sharp
    ahh right...
    Now I will increase them meanwhile lowering the Slot (I hope changing campaign_variable value is enough) but then s/o should test them

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    nice banner anyways, dont know you have talent as artist
    thanks mate, but no I don't hahah, thxfully there are some good sign/logo sites, you should be seeing the logo soon in here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...paign-Overhaul

I just don't know how to change in game logo, I can add png picture to mod, but not under the right place..
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 31, 2015 at 05:59 AM.

Anyone is willing to test this one?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14540720

(You should de-activate other mods)

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

I do, will report for sure especially about campaign_variables_tables value, lets see if we set 1 how its gonna be ?
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Thanks for your reply. I do not want to criticise you, your AI is so much better than the vanilla AI. I encountered defensive siege battles, AI rebuilding razed cities (which they rarely-never did in Vanilla), and AI being relative good in diplomatics - they want to arrange marriages, they offer or demand money for Peace/Non-Aggression pacts, and they want military access before they run through your province (At least the Mauri asked kindly and stopped their fleet in Gibraltar before they had my ok)

So far for the Sassanids everything is going smooth, Armenia and the Lashmids or w/e they are called hate me but they oblige and Armenia was the first who sent armies into Kartlier when I tried to subjugate them and just annihilated them and took over their city. (lol)
    Himijar tries every round with even more money to force me into Non aggression pact with them - but I want to subjugate them so they are out of luck. Best part were some hordes coming from the North declaring war to Afghanids, see my armies, start running for the hills and next turn they give 7000 gold for a peace treaty.

For the thing with Spain - maybe the germanic/northern tribes just try to grab more land and Spain/France is their only choice to expand without starting another war with other germanic/northern factions, because everybody is already at war with WRE.
    Maybe AI logic is: 1 existing war with WRE - go for their land >>> start new war with germanic neighbour and have 2 wars.

I kind of hoped to see more Franks vs. Saxons action or Vikings vs. Germanic. But they all expand pretty fast into France/Gaul and then some of their factions probably missed the landgrab in France and start sailing for Spain - which is around the time when you arrive in Spain as a horde and start taking land in Spain - which is already "planned to be taken by AI". WRE notices that everybody is going for Spain and sends all their troops there, and then focusses on the strongest army there which is mostly the player. (But I thought AI is opportunistic and tries to catch weaker armies offguard).

Mysteries over Mysteries..... CA please?

Thanks for your reply. I do not want to criticise you, your AI is so much better than the vanilla AI. I encountered defensive siege battles, AI rebuilding razed cities (which they rarely-never did in Vanilla), and AI being relative good in diplomatics - they want to arrange marriages, they offer or demand money for Peace/Non-Aggression pacts, and they want military access before they run through your province (At least the Mauri asked kindly and stopped their fleet in Gibraltar before they had my ok)
    Its okay i also just make some revision to the ai core logic, as i stated before lets say Ebdanian able to control British Isle , what next ? they should try to conquer france which is very close to them, but stupidly they just try to take on Spain, for unknown reason why they choice it. So most of their army leave the British isle, capturing spain and now try to claim Spain as His teritory, at the same time Vikings teams Invaded British, so both faction do exist but change location . Viking claim British, British Claim Spain.

I will try to set AI to focus primary for his original teritory, and guard his realm very well, they will expand, but on nearest enemy as possible. So they just land grabbed the closed Teritorry available for them, easy to protect.The backdraw, its will be less aggresive then usual.Rivaly among neighbour will be main theather since they try to annex each other, and less international warfare. I think i will enabled some AI logic that i already disabled before.

I dont say current AI logic is bad, but they tend to ruin themself when try to expand more. If all goes well i will update the mod as soon as possible
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Nice to hear that you are tinkering around this. I think that shifting the focus on more regional/neighbourhood conflicts is far more realistic and fun intead of Celtic/Germanic/Viking nations sailing down to Spain/North Africa or France and wrestling all over the place.
    The Vikings should be Kings of the North, The Celts the terror of Britain and Gaul fighting WRE, while germanic factions are uncertain about their future, either trading or fighting with WRE AND fighting each other, defending against the Vikings and getting sacked by Huns (at least the Eastern Germanic tribes).
    Maybe it will also stop random factions declaring war on you for no reason. F.e. I just started Franks and in the first round I always get war declared by Picts and Kaledonians and Brittania but they cannot leave their island to fight me because at the same time hell is unleashing in Britain when Brittannia, Pictish, Ebdanian, Kaledonian Seperatists (! because they all declare too much wars and forget to stabilize their province) and the WRE start wrestling over the province. So Picts and Kaledons send armies out to Flevum but retreat them midway to go back and defend their territory - lose a couple men due to winter and generally start losing towns because they don't defend them properly.

Around 20-30 turns later most of them collapsed and the separatists took over their place - with the same thing starting to happen now. The seperatists first wanted me as friends, because Picts/Kaledons etc. had war with me. Now they killed the Picts and Kaledons, because they had too many wars, and now they start to declare war on me aswell... Guess what will happen in 20 turns Picts either resurrect or they get killed by another faction.

I noticed one funny thing though. Some minor faction captured Goethiscanza. The Huns spawned. He sacked his own town and ran away. :O Pretty funny, because I could take the city without fighting, just need to rebuild it.
    But the AI behaves way more logic towards me now playing Franks than they ever did when I played a horde faction.

Horde factions tend to get many friends soon - usually the other hordes and some Non-aggression pacts with weak nations. And you get a shittton of diplomacy bonus because you are fighting WRE. But they struggle very hard when they settle down, most nations turn hostile towards them - as described before - and they all try to kill you.

So far in my Franks save ( I will not delete it ) I have Burgundians and 1 Germanic faction being a bit mad because I took their cities. Now I can play defensive siege battles every turn which is epic, because they try to attack my cities. Just need to wait for the cash coming in from my 6 tradeports to stabilize my 3 provinces more (Scandza, Frisia and Goethiscandza). Not sure what I should do with them - fighting every turn is exhausting my troops aswell. And I do not want their cities (yet).
    But hey at least WRE is not coming for me (yet). They only cancelled trade and Non-aggression with me (for no reason?!) but I don't care about WRE (yet hrhr)

Not sure what I should do with them - fighting every turn is exhausting my troops aswell
    Try to breed puppet faction from early turn as much as possible, its can save you lot of work rather fighting your war alone, especially when Hun finally approach. Just make sure they dont to strong more then its Master

Now I can play defensive siege battles every turn which is epic, because they try to attack my cities.
    Glad to hear it

Quick question: Is there a way to change the year that the Huns start appearing the first time?
    This way I can give factions time to build an empire before the Huns start to screw them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chysko View Post
    Quick question: Is there a way to change the year that the Huns start appearing the first time?
    This way I can give factions time to build an empire before the Huns start to screw them up.
    You mean scripted Hunnic stacks right?

They are bound to Attila, when he comes of age it's a matter of time for him to become their leader (Khan) and that's the time those stacks will start to be spawned automatically

He comes of age at 420 AD, this is 25 years after the date game starts

Hey all! Small update: AI is behaving fairly intelligent. I wiped off 4 full armies from Burgundians and Thuringians. Burgundian armies consisted of 5 onager....(always). Best defensive siege battle ever. Thank god I bought some of those tier1 shock cav....
    I basically put my levy spearmenon the two open wall sides of the Capture Point in a level2 village and put archers/slingers on every side of the wall. Used cav to kill the onagers and the general and flank from behind and finish off fleeing troops.
    When my left side was slowly breaking and I had to send my general in and 2 addiotional archers to shoot at that front, the AI noticed that and sent a couple of their spearmen to that side to threaten a breakthrough. It was close but my defensive onager did some magic and wiped of three spearmen hordes with 1 salvo
    So after breaking their main armies and their respawned stack, the Burgundians are now my subjugates. And the Thuringians bought into peace with me after I threatened their capitalcity (Thanks for the 7000gold). I couldn't have more than 1 subjugate due to my imperium level so I accepted.

Question 1: Do the different factions focus on different army setups? Like I said I see the Burgundian armies rolling around with 5 onager. I really like this diversity.

Question 2: It is ridicolously hard to find a wife through diplomacy search option. Almost impossible. My faction leader is still without love

Question 3: I have a +170 standing to WRE but they do not want a TradeRoute with me. I have Salt, Wood, Furs for trade and Tradeports. Is there any reason why they don't want my trade route? Alemanns like me quite well aswell but do not want a trade route either... I don't understand that behaviour.

One thing which I would like to see changed: Subjugates are FORCED to accpet trade routes with their petmaster. They should also be forced into any war you are fighting - with increased risk that they try to revolt if you are at war with a faction they like. It is kind of stupid, to see them denying all requests you make, even though you are their ruler.

Oh and the Huns arrived. At least some of their spawns are coming closer. My spy is having a hell of a time leveling up by pinning down one poor Hun army since 5 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid'GG View Post
    Question 2: It is ridicolously hard to find a wife through diplomacy search option. Almost impossible. My faction leader is still without love
    Just 2 days ago I made a mini mod for it
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14539306

Quote Originally Posted by liquid'GG
    My spy is having a hell of a time leveling up by pinning down one poor Hun army since 5 turns.
    dammit man you want him to make that impossible against Hunnic armies?

I actually meant the year that the Huns start appearing for the first time. So make them an emergent faction instead of starting. Maybe like only start making them appear when Attila gets born.
    A bit like the Mongols and Timurids in MTWII (http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Emergent_Factions_-_M2TW).
    It would be cool to make all factions build up a bit and then get ready for hell to unleash.

Theorically its possible, another solution just use mod that longer years, like 12 tpy , 4 tpy , stuff that basicly slower the campaign years

Question 1: Do the different factions focus on different army setups? Like I said I see the Burgundian armies rolling around with 5 onager. I really like this diversity.
    Its will depend oh what they building.

Never had problem with wife, i get most my puppet state provide me the women pleasure, anyways when i create the mod i already set that marriage only happens if you guys have good relation ship. I see no logic why sending my precious daughter to foreign land which i barely knows, unless its for good reason. Call its father love

Question 3: I have a +170 standing to WRE but they do not want a TradeRoute with me. I have Salt, Wood, Furs for trade and Tradeports. Is there any reason why they don't want my trade route? Alemanns like me quite well aswell but do not want a trade route either... I don't understand that behaviour.
    Cant explain it, but its tied to certain AI logic, mostly if you are from same religion or same culture they accept more easy. Please remember if they want trade with you that was green light that they dont want to fight you personally. If they dont want you despite its green face, that mean the AI already prepare to war with you if they see good chance.Its was very easy to spot

One thing which I would like to see changed: Subjugates are FORCED to accpet trade routes with their petmaster. They should also be forced into any war you are fighting - with increased risk that they try to revolt if you are at war with a faction they like. It is kind of stupid, to see them denying all requests you make, even though you are their ruler.
    I play as Jutes right now i have 5 puppet and all of them trade with me,on early way after you subjugates them, they dont want do anything to you mostly , just let it go after several turn when things got cool off. Then they will start to accept trade. I notice if you barely subjugated xxx faction and declare war to other faction that they like it, they tend to rebel mostly. Also if you betray someone else , they dont think its cool and dont want get dirty with you.

ops he said diplomatic marriage.. misunderstanding, my bad.

btw.

Click to view content: 

Last edited by SharpEyed; June 01, 2015 at 04:43 PM.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

I have a quick question, don't have the time to go through the pages to check for it atm, sorry
    Is there a version, or is it possible to just get the campaign AI enhancement (without the other changes like fame level, artillery warfare etc), but literally just a more aggresive/better CAI ?

Yes there are just use Vanilla version, about fame (you can edit yourself via modify fame_table) for Artillery warfare stuff, its basicly give AI easy ways to access siege artillery in order to get better performance in campaign map (it boost AI siginificantly )

Basicly you can tweak the mod and removed what feature you dont like manually, hope its help

Hi, I have a question and sorry if it was already answered.. Is it savegame compatible ? I am already in a Frankish campaign using Imperialem Oeconimiae bronze.. Can I just download the Steam version of your mod and continue the campaign ?

Quote Originally Posted by leboboti0606 View Post
    Hi, I have a question and sorry if it was already answered.. Is it savegame compatible ? I am already in a Frankish campaign using Imperialem Oeconimiae bronze.. Can I just download the Steam version of your mod and continue the campaign ?
    Yes it has been asked many times and same for being answered

Quick answer is, yes.

But new one suggested.

I tried a Vandalic campaign with the mod and I got to admit, it was challenging ! I tried to go the historic route and move my hordes through Gaul and Spain rampaging WRE's territory.

One question though : does the AI has an absolute priority to go after the player in the mod ? I say that because I had 5 full Roman stacks chasing my single horde army everywhere in Spain(very challenging), but their entire Empire was being crushed on the eastern front..

good mod though, is there a submod that removes the artillery changes ?

Quote Originally Posted by leboboti0606 View Post
    One question though : does the AI has an absolute priority to go after the player in the mod ? I say that because I had 5 full Roman stacks chasing my single horde army everywhere in Spain(very challenging), but their entire Empire was being crushed on the eastern front..

good mod though, is there a submod that removes the artillery changes ?
    It's not intended, somehow WRE has such attitude towards player. Maybe after DLC comes out it will be fixed.

With artillery changes you mean being able to recruit onagers with 1st level military buildings?
    If so you can delete that table yourself, by using Pack file manager (aka PFM)

It's not suggested thou, since it's a good help for AI to not stay passive/long at sieges