Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask and Answer all about Campaign AI stuff

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Ask and Answer all about Campaign AI stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    Danes seem sort of under-appreciated now
    why u say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry
    Huns being even more deadly.
    i think now they are deadly as they should be

but shh walls have ears

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    why u say that?

i think now they are deadly as they should be

but shh walls have ears
    The Danes have one unique trait, and the other two have at least 2. Since the sea-based one was theirs originally.

Speaking of, the snow attrition appears twice for the huns twice. Maybe double the protection?

I'm still surprised it took me so long to notice especially when I did the summary on the Geats.

The Danes have one unique trait, and the other two have at least 2. Since the sea-based one was theirs originally.
    ah well now all of the Norsemen share the same traits, so I think it's fine now

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry
    Speaking of, the snow attrition appears twice for the huns twice. Maybe double the protection?

I'm still surprised it took me so long to notice especially when I did the summary on the Geats.
    lol, a little mistake I suppose, and Huns are not only Nomads you know

and well maybe it didn't take you so long, but it took me short, because I go thru some tables with pfm, and also he said that he is gonna do that

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    ah well now all of the Norsemen share the same traits, so I think it's fine now

lol, a little mistake I suppose, and Huns are not only Nomads you know

and well maybe it didn't take you so long, but it took me short, because I go thru some tables with pfm, and also he said that he is gonna do that
    Personally I prefer the Geats, so it won't affect me.

Ah good. I really need to start a campaign, I did clear out some unneeded mods today though. At least... haha

Personally I prefer the Geats, so it won't affect me.

Ah good. I really need to start a campaign, I did clear out some unneeded mods today though. At least... haha
    Geats are fine and most peaceful faction for start I guess, I like them too

Anyway, soon we'll go to airport and I'll be in other city for few days, I'm not sure about connection but most likely I won't have

So, cya later guys, have fun

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Hey all!

I'm trying to understand the effects of imperium so that I can mod it to my liking.

Besides the more obvious effects on number of armies, agents, fleets, governors etc. (that much is fairly transparent) I'm a little confused on what the different levels of imperium do in this mod. There are green and red icons, sometimes 2 or 3 of them, that all say some variation of "penalty to diplomatic relations" but the tooltips aren't very clear in game, and looking through the descriptions and some pages of the thread, I haven't been able to figure out what what the different levels of imperium do exactly. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

There are green and red icons,
    Green means you get some sort of + bonus diplomacy, Red ones mean the opposite, hope its help
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

I keep crashing on the turn with Alamnic seperatist strangly :/
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Ah you get misfortune, i also got similiar one too, its sometimes happens sometimes not, you can use pfm right ? If you can then try edit the reinforcement zone located on campaign variabel, change the value from 3 into 1 or 2 , its will fix the crash. Sorry for the problem
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

The unknow4 is the faction that has the attitude from column "unknown1". The unknown5 is the faction, faction unknown4 has this attitude towards to.

But then again all these tables don't do much except influence the diplomacy. A puppet state will always stay a puppet state...no matter how low their opinion about their masters.

To fix this you would have to conqer them, subjugate and release them in game. Or you change the start of the game and change the stupid puppets into clientstates and alter the clientstate variables to make them very independent and even leave their masters. These variables exist.
    Last edited by OpusDei; May 24, 2015 at 10:46 AM.

Nope, I have changed some columns with high values in this "cai_personality_group_junctions_tables" but they don't seem to effect a lot, except again one's opinion about the other between the factions. It's like this table is for some internal game mechanic that is dependent on time or other triggers, but can't read it.
    Last edited by OpusDei; May 24, 2015 at 10:56 AM.

Well there are indeed a lot of factors that change when the empire level goes up, for example your costs will rise and again it will be harder to negotiate with smaller factions (except the empire lovers) and there are more effects. But if you found these effects you mentioned I can't understand you can't find the others, they are also in the db. You found the campaign_difficulty, there is also the table effect_bundles_to_effect_junctions.

Update. I don't seem to have this problem anymore since I removed the 500000 + defense quality in the variables table.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Ah you get misfortune, i also got similiar one too, its sometimes happens sometimes not, you can use pfm right ? If you can then try edit the reinforcement zone located on campaign variabel, change the value from 3 into 1 or 2 , its will fix the crash. Sorry for the problem
    No good, it still crash even if I play from a couple turns earlier and make some different moves (on top of changing the PFM) , ruined two strait 50+ turn campaigns

Also, raze settlement turns into occupation 100% of the time for non Hun hoard factions.

This seem to be more than anything else, a problem for playing horde factions, because they need to snoop around other faction's settlement a lot. I seem to have had less problem with this with campaigns of either settled faction or horde that settle pretty quickly.
    Last edited by RollingWave; May 28, 2015 at 11:17 PM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by OpusDei View Post
    But if you found these effects you mentioned I can't understand you can't find the others, they are also in the db. You found the campaign_difficulty, there is also the table effect_bundles_to_effect_junctions.
    which effects mate?

and ofc i know about "effect_bundles_to_effect_junctions" table

No good, it still crash even if I play from a couple turns earlier and make some different moves (on top of changing the PFM) , ruined two strait 50+ turn campaigns
    Did you still have the save game, so i can check the problem, can you also give list or upload the mod you also used during the crash ?

Also, raze settlement turns into occupation 100% of the time for non Hun hoard factions.
    Yes, its like normal raze in rome 2 , you kill people destroy building etc etc.

This seem to be more than anything else, a problem for playing horde factions, because they need to snoop around other faction's settlement a lot. I seem to have had less problem with this with campaigns of either settled faction or horde that settle pretty quickly.
    Perhaps, the AI itself eventually will settle after sack for lot of time, unless you prefer to replace normal raze with nuke option. You can modify it by yourself anyways, your game your rule

whats this Agression ramp?

Click to view content: 

Last edited by SharpEyed; May 29, 2015 at 07:58 AM.

Its created solely to kill player, when you set 1 the mode is on. How its work ? Every turn you will have a chance based on what your settings is a new faction AI that simply hate you for no reason at all. Its work great for late game when player able to have world domination and need opponent. And by random its mean all faction either its your friend or ally or even neutral. As long you can see them and they can see you.

Random aggresion divided into 2
    1. Human vs AI
    2. AI vs AI

If you talk about AI vs AI actually its created to make AI betray each other, creating endless turmoil.In both of my mod either rome 2 or attila i disabled it , since i see no reason why need to enabled it. Its work great though for Vanilla original AI setting, since not all of them is creating for world domination, and some is loyal. While in my mod, its not needed anymore since the AI is warmonger already and no need to add the fuel to make the show run. Hope the information help Sir Sharp

Try tinkering it a bit, you can even make all faction declare war to you after end turn on the turn 1. There a time i try to enabled it back again as some final wave to finish human player. But in the end i decided to switch off. Anyways its realy Cool stuff
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; May 29, 2015 at 09:04 AM.

awesome explanation as always, and I can't give rep as always too

- - -

so, overhaul works going on

is this another bug?

Click to view content: 

isn't "1" stands for 'hard' difficulty?
    I guess they meant to type "-1" ..

Edit:
    It seems AI and player has different ways of showing the difficulty.. for some reason...
    So no it's not a bug I guess.

Click to view content: 

Last edited by SharpEyed; May 29, 2015 at 04:01 PM.

Hey I played around with the mod again today and ran into a couple of questions related to this mod.

I once again started as Ostrogoths and therefore can see what my allied Visigoths horde AI is doing. Strangely they try to settle in the first city they raid (literally right in the middle of ERE and WRE) and get crushed by ERE. If some of their armies survives they struggle to to achieve anything for the rest of the game and get wiped off by any army which comes across them. (I was already in Spain and the Visigoths AI still lurked around their starting spot).
    Vandals seem to get terminated aswell pretty fast. I also never saw the Suebes in Spain or anywhere else, I guess I just missed the notifications that they died.

Well I guess once the ERE/WRE paintrain of doomstacks is rolling next to you it's game over for them. But do hordes in this game and/or this mod have a "divine mission" which they try to achieve? F.e. Vandals trying to get to North Africa. Visigoths trying to go for Rome or Italy etc.? Or is this just simple AI behaviour by rolling an opportunistic dice and going for the next best undefended settlement to raid and settle there randomly.

What I noticed aswell was in Spain f.e. there was the Hispanic faction already formed but WRE NEVER attacked them with their 3 full stacks sitting down there in Spain - even though they hated each other quite alot according to diplo-screen.
    The AI always seemed to be far more interested in attacking me and literally stopped attacking anybody else for the time being (speaking of WRE).
    Basically WRE is pulling all their armies just to chase me down, ignoring every other faction taking their settlements.
    Is this a built-in "I hate the player more than anything else"- mode or the AI acting weird? I actually hoped to thirdpary on some Hispanic-WRE fights and overthrow both of them when they wasted their ressources.

Another strange thing is all the germanic tribes literally wandering down to Spain with multiple armies and trying to settle there. While it is certainly ok in terms of climate change, their original homelands are empty - no armies - no fighting - no betrayals. They all happily befriend each other and start taking Gaul/France and moving further into Spain.

Ebdanians are ALWAYS lurking around in Gaul instead of fighting WRE/Brittania overthe Isles. The Viking nations also sail down to North Africa/Southern Spain and settle there. ?!?! Shouldn't they go raid Brittania/Germania/Atlantic coast?

That's just for the AI campaign observations. Not sure if the are related to the mod entirely or just basic AI being stupid