Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask and Answer all about Campaign AI stuff

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Ask and Answer all about Campaign AI stuff

Just remove the culture target that you dont want to be used, i still not check i see AI dont use it so i think its work
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Seems like they really messed up the Hun AI, but because it's not noticable until after turn 50-100 the early reviewers and players didn't spot it until it's too late. There's quite a few threads on the forums about them never attacking settlements but CA's yet to say anything about it. Looks like it wont be fixed tbh because they've barely put out any patches since it's been released. The 20 turn limit on the early release versions makes me wonder if they knew but just covered it up.

e.g. http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ed-settlements

That's just the latest one, theres been numerous ones in the forums since release.
    Last edited by the herald; May 11, 2015 at 04:03 PM.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by the herald View Post
    Seems like they really messed up the Hun AI, but because it's not noticable until after turn 50-100 the early reviewers and players didn't spot it until it's too late. There's quite a few threads on the forums about them never attacking settlements but CA's yet to say anything about it. Looks like it wont be fixed tbh because they've barely put out any patches since it's been released. The 20 turn limit on the early release versions makes me wonder if they knew but just covered it up.

e.g. http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ed-settlements

That's just the latest one, theres been numerous ones in the forums since release.
    Not AI Huns only, they messed up AI against player Huns too.

- - - -

They just dont really care about General discussion section as there are always tons of new threads, it should have been opened in Support section, at least there is 1 CA staff that looking there, I got answers from her all the time, thou Devs not as fast as they were supposed to be solving problems.

And about patches, well they said there is a team working on Attila still but I dont think that team is as big as it was before the Warhammer announced.
    Even Assembly kits are fiasco, I mean Beta version, seriously, after that long time? You gotta be kidding.

I posted a support thread about the AI right back near the start and while I got decent replies they've yet to do anything about it. It's pretty annoying. I'm guessing it's being raised in the general area in an attempt to get more attention, the support guys record it then nothing appears to happen.

Thread I made: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-large-numbers

I posted a support thread about the AI right back near the start and while I got decent replies they've yet to do anything about it. It's pretty annoying. I'm guessing it's being raised in the general area in an attempt to get more attention, the support guys record it then nothing appears to happen.

Thread I made: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-large-numbers
    Yea, right, "In progress" for ages, that's why I said "thou Devs not as fast as they were supposed to be solving problems" , but at least we know it's been delivered to them..

A small comfort I guess, its a little disheartening when I look at their record though. 1 Patch in 3 months isn't a good sign.

A small comfort I guess, its a little disheartening when I look at their record though. 1 Patch in 3 months isn't a good sign.
    2 patches actually but the number of DLCs are still more.

Anyway man, this is not to place to talk about this..
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 11, 2015 at 04:38 PM.

Eh we can go off topic a little, I'm sure Jun doesn't mind. There's not much else to say anyway so no need to continue. Luckily Jun seems to be making progress so even if CA doesn't fix stuff the games still playable with this mod.

Eh we can go off topic a little, I'm sure Jun doesn't mind. There's not much else to say anyway so no need to continue. Luckily Jun seems to be making progress so even if CA doesn't fix stuff the games still playable with this mod.
    Yea I know he is kind enough to don't mind, but well it won't help discussing them here anyway..

And well yea he did a big progress, I'm just sad that he has to do all stuff himself alone, till early hours of the morning (time to time at least), and he doesn't get what he deserves, I mean this mod deserves to be much more popular, as the modder himself.

Don't wanna be disrespectul other big modders but doing all these crazy stuffs (not even mentioning those crazy amount of tests) and within big range (I mean all parts of AI) all alone? I think he has no minus than them

My current reseach so far
    1.Non walled settlement = fixed, Hun AI will attack without hesitation similiar like other AI
    2.Walled settlement = still not fixed yet, the current variable is still unknown
    3.Raiding enable or not enabled seem have no correlation to ai decision to attack, mostly if AI doing raiding then there are something that block their route,either the enemy to strong or something force their advance. Like military access for example

What can i make certain :
    - Using ground zero save as test subject i disable all AI movement and build for 6 turn until its have lvl 4 walled settlement. Then i enable the AI movement and they dont do any attack, but as soon i downgrade it into lvl 3 which is non walled settlement. The AI presumed his attack, from that i conclude that AI decision to attack city its not permanent but rather decided by certain value.

I am pretty sure Hun get special treatment from developer so the Logic AI is created separated for them, including siege walled value that created separated for it.If you happens have save game where you get Hun siege one of your walled settlement, upload it for me to see

Hope i have more luck than yesterday
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; May 12, 2015 at 03:02 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    If you happens have save game where you get Hun siege one of your walled settlement, upload it for me to see
    well, not me

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    Hope i have more luck than yesterday
    I hope too, good luck

Well Junaid,

Very interesting, I have learned some things, thank you! I am using your mod, with some minor adjustments with lot of pleasure. Next to yours, I have made a lot of changes. And same as you I hate passive AI and want to give them a fair change to compensate for lack of human intelligence. On the other hand I love it when AI factions attack eachother, I don't like the Germans and Barbarians to stay friendly, boring the whole game, I want to see them get big empires.. For that reason I have activated the agression_ramp. I like to support (as medium power) a barbarian faction to become a big power, sort of me being a quality strong faction under the radar.

So the preservist does nothing! I will change that.
    Then for the occupation options I have mostly undone the clientstate (passive puppets) except for the romans. The Tributeries I have for the barbs, celts and nomads, testing this.

Have you tried to grant the resettlement function in the CAI from the startpos? I am testing this too. Let you know.

Thanks for your insight and reply.

Kind regard
    T.

You welcome mate, in couple day after this i will ask Sir Gigantus to kindly open proper sub forum for you all, a place where you can put your creativity without burden getting sue by other people who demand copy right

The purpouse of this thread itself to gather people who like modding campaign AI where all of you can discuss all thing related to campaign AI, share idea, new discovery, new way to modify AI behaviour, which undoubtly will benefit for everyone. A place where you can call home for AI modder.

Usually you guys enjoy my hard labour, now its time for me to lay back and enjoy all of you guys work labour for now, after all i just simple user who like Total War

Well you also can share if you find something new, unseen stuff, here or by Pm

And hey Jun why you don't make a thread on Official forum Mod section?

- - -

Ah also you added Snow etc Immunity to Raiding stance of Hordes, but Celts (settled/Horde) have special Raiding stance for theirselves, so you might wanna add that for them too
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 16, 2015 at 02:33 PM.

Damn, I hope this mod will give me a chance to defend Walled settlement [after ~140 tours I never defend...]
    I stop playing Attila Crap, when AI was to scary to attack my Saxon Walled settlement.
    Yes, in I had full army stack inside.. but near city was 12 FULL stack enemy army.. 12 full, really 12! + ~3 non full. After spamming "next turn" about 30 times, and AI do nothing... I just use "alt+f4" and never came back.

Quote Originally Posted by legoras View Post
    Damn, I hope this mod will give me a chance to defend Walled settlement [after ~140 tours I never defend...]
    I stop playing Attila Crap, when AI was to scary to attack my Saxon Walled settlement.
    Yes, in I had full army stack inside.. but near city was 12 FULL stack enemy army.. 12 full, really 12! + ~3 non full. After spamming "next turn" about 30 times, and AI do nothing... I just use "alt+f4" and never came back.
    Hahah you bet it will, have a look at videos/pictures thread

The resettlement option in the startpos works fine. So no more continents full of desolated cities ;-) Conquer and reconquer is on. Now I have to find a way to make migrators and north (leaving for cold, food, etc) colonize something, instead of slowly starving on the field. This has also to do with the heavy garrisons ofcourse...need a balance there. Maybe give the migrators 2 extra armies so they win a battle for a chance.

Interesting to bad we can only do that via save game editing, perhaps there is some way to put it via db, theorically the save game generate from data pack, they dont generate magical number on save game. If we able to find the source code, which will generate the same value that AI used in save game, its realy can be put into mod.

Notice on AI occupation percentage, i found it 10 as value on save game, this is interesting since its seem we can change it to 100 % perhaps so the AI always occupy the city.Keep doing your reseach mate

Hmm, I guess colonizing cost 0 for AI, no wonder why they can do it so often.

Click to view content: 

Here some breaking discovery i get from Sir Opus, its appear we may able to control BAI via scripting ,here current pm he sent to me

AI routing modifier
    ;-) Solved the units routing problem in battle when outnumbered:

script/lib/lib_battlemanager.lua: down under routmanager:

-- rout manager performs its internal check
    function battle_manager:check_rout_manager()
    local alliances = self:alliances();

local non_routing_enemy_units = num_units_routing(alliances:item(2));
    local non_routing_allied_units = num_units_routing(alliances:item(1));

if non_routing_enemy_units < self.rout_threshold and non_routing_allied_units > non_routing_enemy_units * 2.5 then
    return true;
    end;

return false;
    end;

Change the 2.5 in any bigger number you want..

Greetz.
    While this stuff itself for help BAI, its clearly give us new world to explore, perhaps one of this script contain the cure to fix AI Hun problem that refused to attack walled settlement despite other AI can done it. I suspect there is value that prevent Hun to do that, i already search db but never found it,even almost give up seaching it.

I ask every one of you to look on Data.pack and located the script tables, which contain many lib file, perhaps from one of this there is one that contain the answer. Even there is no fix , maybe we can find another new discovery to modify AI behaviour from script as well.

You know turn AI into chicken perhaps, abrakadabra