Page 1 of 47 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

CA Developer Icon New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

Hi all,

Total War: WARHAMMER is official! Taking the series to a realm of brutal, high fantasy for the first time in its history, our rules have changed and with change comes war on a scale as yet unimagined.

The limitlessly deep and rich universe of Warhammer heralds a new era for Total War. Gigantic monsters, flying creatures, legendary heroes and storms of magical power take their place on the battlefield, alongside thousands of warriors clashing in real-time tactical battles.

In the turn-based campaign game, players will find the Old World an unforgiving and treacherous place, filled with endless war and cunning alliances alike. Whichever race you choose to play as and however you seek conquest, you will be faced with a conflict that threatens to tear the very fabric of reality asunder.

The first in an epic trilogy of titles, Total War: WARHAMMER will deliver hundreds of hours of absorbing gameplay. It will combine with two further standalone instalments and additional content packs to create the single largest Total War experience ever.

“We’ve always loved the Warhammer universe, and couldn’t wait to approach it with the same colossal scale and authenticity that has characterised our titles for the last 15 years,” said Total War: WARHAMMER Project Lead, Ian Roxburgh. “We’re bringing it to life in a way that nobody’s attempted before.”

Watch the announcement trailer, voiced by celebrated actor Steven Berkoff, http://youtu.be/7i4d3ignBNQ for just a taste of this forthcoming match made in gaming heaven.

We’re setting up some new Total War: WARHAMMER forums right now so you guys have a place to chat about the game. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for the first gameplay videos.

Enjoy!

-Will CA
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

WAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!

races:
    -Empire of man
    -Orcs and goblins
    -Vampire count
    -Chaos
    -Dwarfs
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; April 22, 2015 at 09:36 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Matamoros's Avatar Tiro

If it can be modded to make something like Renaissance or Medieval 3, then nice.
    Nuestra Señora de Las Mercedes ha resurgido del fondo del océano para concluir su viaje.
    200 a
    ños después los piratas pierden. El oro vuelve a España. Misión cumplida.

Omg then is the release date I want to mod it!

Quote Originally Posted by Matamoros View Post
    If it can be modded to make something like Renaissance or Medieval 3, then nice.

You would remove all the fun of it, but you should be able as Empire soldiers are more or less based on that design.
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; April 22, 2015 at 09:51 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

Arachnarok confirmed, please take my money

Good CGI, i'm waiting some gameplay footage to make my opinion about it.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Matamoros View Post
    Campaign map wont be moddable. That is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Can you prove that? Because it sounds like you have a crystal ball and I need next weeks winning numbers.

edit: You are right give me next weeks winning numbers!
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; April 22, 2015 at 10:11 AM.

The trailer is definitely inspired by Medieval II, which also had a monk talking about battles, but fortunately he didn't evolve into something blue. @Warhammer fans, any idea who were the blue conjurer and his threatening pet?

wonderful! I hope it will be completly moddable! I hope it will mix ancient caracters from 1980's and 1990's warhammer like mercenaries, hobgoblins, chaos dwarves or that at least it can be intoduced by mods. Great expectation!

ps: please CA put again the possibility to edit the number of men by unit (multiplayer line)
    Last edited by panzerschreck; April 22, 2015 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    As this isn’t just a CA game, regretfully there are no plans to support modding for Total War: Warhammer. An Assembly Kit is will be available very shortly for Total War: ATTILA however, and we will continue to support modding for that title and plan to for future historical Total Wars.

-Will CA
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    As this isn’t just a CA game, regretfully there are no plans to support modding for Total War: Warhammer. An Assembly Kit is will be available very shortly for Total War: ATTILA however, and we will continue to support modding for that title and plan to for future historical Total Wars.

-Will CA
    Well that sucked :/
    For the love of Khaine, change that policy and if it is GW breathing down your guys neck, tell them how important it is, or aleast make older tools usable on it.
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; April 22, 2015 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    Well that sucked :/
    Well, Total War was built on a tradition of historical eras, and we’ll continue to do exactly that. Total War: Warhammer is being developed in parallel with our historical titles by a dedicated team.

Hmmm...

I don't know. I guess there is no other universe that is less interessting for me.
    But okay, maybe it will be great.

But will we get from now on only fantasy games? Because for me the historical setting was always the most important part about Total War.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    The trailer is definitely inspired by Medieval II, which also had a monk talking about battles, but fortunately he didn't evolve into something blue. @Warhammer fans, any idea who were the blue conjurer and his threatening pet?
    Tzeentchian cultist summoning a Tzeentch demon

Awesome CA, I'm super excited.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

-Will CA
    warhammer total war is not moddable ? Do you know Total war game are nearly unplayable without mods ?

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

-Will CA
    Well thats TOTALY silly......seems it will be skipped, whole trilogy. Not moddable TW game, ehm bad joke indeed.
    Last edited by Radious; April 22, 2015 at 10:20 AM.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

-Will CA
    very bad news, but there are two options:
    -a game that is moddable easely but you don't support
    -a game that is hardly moddable or really unmoddable and that would be a very bad option.

Bongfu's Avatar Senator

Please Will,

Pass on the message to take your time on this one. I know a lot of backlash has come your way recently, but THIS is the announcement I have been waiting for from you guys for a very long time. Do it right. Don't screw us with "dlc". I could care less about launch day bugs. What I hate, and the reason I haven't played Atilla since launch week, is the rampant DLC use to release content that should have been in the game.

Also... work on your modding tools. Give us more to be able to do more with your games. Why do people still play the original Rome? Mods. You want the legacy of this game to last decades? Give us the tools to do that for you.

As a tabletop gaming though, I understand that a lot of this may be out of your hands. Games Workshop is a terrible company and even worse to deal with when you are developing their IP.

I will say this here guys! Do not blame CA for decisions in this title. Games Workshop is one of the most backwards and money-grubbing companies out there. So while this title looks awesome and I really want it to be a success, I won't hold my breath. There is a reason every Warhammer game, save DoW 1, has been a flop.

All in all though, fantastic news. I wish you all the best of luck and I will be waiting eagerly for the pre-order to appear. Cheers mates!
    Last edited by Bongfu; April 22, 2015 at 10:24 AM.
    Lorehammer - Team Lead
    A Radious Total War: Warhammer Sub-mod

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Asator View Post
    Hmmm...

I don't know. I guess there is no other universe that is less interessting for me.
    But okay, maybe it will be great.

But will we get from now on only fantasy games? Because for me the historical setting was always the most important part about Total War.
    The two comments above, will Says that they will still continue to make historical TW titles by their main dedicated team.

But this is amazing news, i can't wait! Although no modding is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge turnoff for me, if this had been a regular Total War or any other setting that Warhammer i would have dropped buying the game right there.

Page 1 of 47 123456789101126 ... LastLast