Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

Default Re: New game announced - Total War: WARHAMMER

I would guess it will be released in about a year (10-12 months), like shogun was released (it was in march 2011 if I'm not mistaken). I dont remember when every single TW game was released, but I think the begining of the year is plausable.

this game needs space marines.

DLC:

TW: WH - Space Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Gillam I View Post

DLC:

It lets the Empire of Sigmar recruit ONE Astartes.

Still most OP unit in the game
    Judgement Time

petertel123's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    I do think it's possible it's this year, because of the "coming soon" on the Steam page and the fact it has been in development since late 2012 if not longer.

On the flipside, however, they're even only showing it to the press behind closed doors at E3, which is a sign it clearly isn't ready for even a gameplay video with "Alpha footage" stamped on it.
    I doubt they'll ever do that again after the debacle with the carthage video being way more awesome than the final game

Guess that Total War is an appropriate engine for warhammer fans. However, for us hardcore historical strategy players this may be a sad day in the history of one of the last bastions of such genre (the total war series) as here too, dammit!, goblins and flying dragons begin to take over !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    Guess that Total War is an appropriate engine for warhammer fans. However, for us hardcore historical strategy players this may be a sad day in the history of one of the last bastions of such genre (the total war series) as here too, dammit!, goblins and flying dragons begin to take over !!!!
    Hey, at least you've not had to wait 15+ years since Shogun: Total War to wait for this to happen

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Gillam I View Post

DLC:

No. The pauldronboys' generic presence already dominates 40k. We don't need the boring bastards in Fantasy as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon
    Oh noes, this filthy fantasy will contaminate our historical series! The horror! Oh wait, the Warhammer trilogy is worked on by a separate studio, and CA will also keep releasing historical games. So much for the end of historical Total War.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    Oh wait, the Warhammer trilogy is worked on by a separate studio, and CA will also keep releasing historical games. So much for the end of historical Total War.
    About that, if my memory serves me right, what they said is that they were developing Warhammer alongside their historical titles. Now their historical titles could just be Rome 2, Attila and Arena, so don't take anything for granted.

The only thing I hope for is ADEQUATE AI , but this is something CA doesn't care about(or they just like their casual auditory) , so I expect another flashy installation of cool game, but with extremly dull strategic tatctics( without mods).
    I don't put my hopes high, but the pure fact of Warhammer unvierse is cool enough, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    About that, if my memory serves me right, what they said is that they were developing Warhammer alongside their historical titles. Now their historical titles could just be Rome 2, Attila and Arena, so don't take anything for granted.
    They also said that they have a dedicated team for Arena.
    The Armenian Issue

People defining stone gates exploding because an enemy stood near it too long, and magical abilities on units = historical.

PonySlaystation's Avatar Tiro

hey they are hardcore historical players! after reading the 100th whining thread about this matter by those guys i wish (i really dont...but sometimes i cant suppress it) that the historical TW games become "history" if you know what i mean maybe they are happy then?
    Ferrum Noricum

TEAM SKAVEN
    TEAM DARK ELVES
    TEAM TOMB KINGS

Couldn't actually believe they chose Warhammer as the next title when I heard it, had to come here to confirm it for myself.

Strap in for the worst TW game thus far folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Lancaster View Post
    Couldn't actually believe they chose Warhammer as the next title when I heard it, had to come here to confirm it for myself.

I doubt that. it's a franchise title. There will be more outside check on quality control.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Lancaster View Post

Why do you think that? Is it the Morian helmet issue? 'cos we know very little about the game.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Vette's Avatar Civis

When I saw in game pics I was like WOW this is awesome.Then I saw the helmets on the state troops and I was like WTF is this???
    I know this sounds totaly insignificant,but it bothers me so much lol.CA plz give state troops "their" helms...

Thank you. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one bothered by it.
    It seems like such a pointless, avoidable change. Like, they must have gone out of their way to put these on Statetroops, because there isnt a single model or artwork depicting them like this.

I think I read somewhere that Gamesworkshop gave them a complete lineup of all their models they ever made. Did CA mistook the Pike mercenaries with Empire troops or something? And soldier variation within a unit seems to be alot smaler than in Rome II, which is understandable considering Warhammers diverse cast, you gotta cut corners somewhere, but that means that with only three or maybe four different heads for statetroops we are going to see that helmet A LOT.

Morrions are becoming the new sandals haha. And i'm proud of my part in it. *very serious face* Morrions only for Tilea and Estalia!!11

To CA's credit there is around 5 models, 20 years old as they might be. But it was simply a way to represent mercenaries serving amongst state troop ranks, armour also being distinct. Dressing a dude with imperial armour and sticking a morrion on his head is just wrong.

Anyway, in this line of thought we will end up arguing about plausibility of morrion presence in the imperial regular army. Which in my opinion is little to none.

captcruch's Avatar Miles

This really outrageous for hardcore historical emmerdant .
    I can't wait for China Total War or Medieval XXIII Total War " big red spot that enters a big blue spot " Epic Battle ........

The diversity of units: copy,paste,copy,paste,copy,paste ZZzzzZZzzzzzz

If the Yankees dare set foot in Virginia,we must show them bayonet .

Quote Originally Posted by Vardeus View Post
    Morrions are becoming the new sandals haha. And i'm proud of my part in it. *very serious face* Morrions only for Tilea and Estalia!!11

To CA's credit there is around 5 models, 20 years old as they might be. But it was simply a way to represent mercenaries serving amongst state troop ranks, armour also being distinct. Dressing a dude with imperial armour and sticking a morrion on his head is just wrong.

Anyway, in this line of thought we will end up arguing about plausibility of morrion presence in the imperial regular army. Which in my opinion is little to none.
    Wait is there supposed to be Estalian troops in the battle of Blackfire Pass, in the official story? Would it explain this Morrion thing? Because I never saw an imperial unit equiped with those. I don't think Tilean models are using Morrions either.