Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Lanjane's Mini-Workshop: Unit cards for Rome: Total War

Libertus

Default Re: Lanjane's Mini-Workshop: Unit cards for Rome: Total War

Hello Lanjane. If you are still providing UI cards for people, I would really appreciate your assistance.

I'm creating a mod that basically unlocks a lot of things for different Factions in Rome: Total War. For example, giving the Parthians heavier infantry and Cataphract Archers, and so on. Unlocking units you thought should have been available in the first place, plus a few more to make factions unique. I've been able to make a few unit cards for these new units relatively well, but some... well, they're horrible. I wouldn't dare show them to anyone. LOL

Most of these "horrible ones" revolve around the Greek Factions. I have 3 units here; one Greek Cities, one Macedon, one Seleucid. The Macedon and Seleucid ones are the vanilla Greek hoplite unit given to them, although these are my worst UI cards. The Greek Cities one is a "Heavy Hoplite" unit, but the "color" doesn't come out quite right on the UI cards.

These are by far my worst, so if you could please make both UI cards for these 3 units I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Crusader Vanguard

I've changed your texture for greek armoured spearman a bit to fit the rest of the greek units, and rendered two versions of UI for this specific unit - with your texture and with mine recolored one.
    As for regular greek hoplites, I used my saved renders which I made for Barbarian Empires mod. You'll find them all in zip file. Enjoy!
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Crusader Vanguard

I've changed your texture for greek armoured spearman a bit to fit the rest of the greek units, and rendered two versions of UI for this specific unit - with your texture and with mine recolored one.
    As for regular greek hoplites, I used my saved renders which I made for Barbarian Empires mod. You'll find them all in zip file. Enjoy!
    These are amazing. Very nice work. Thank you for the adjustment on the Greek unit. I've found the Greek Cities color the hardest to "adjust to," and obviously my skills with editing programs isn't that extensive. I'll put these to good use. Thanks.

Hi Lanjane! If you're still doing unit cards, I have a bit of a request.

I'm currently playing your Barbarian Empires mod (fantastic work, btw) and I've converted Thrace to a barbarian faction, but now I'm missing certain units such as Barbarian Peasants in thracian colours. So, my request is: can you do your magic by recolouring the Barbarian Peasants, Diplomat and Assassin unit cards and textures to the teal colours of Thrace. Thanks in advance!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Freedon Nadd

​Thank you for kind words, the requested files are in the attachment to this post. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Lanjane; February 24, 2019 at 06:08 AM.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Fantastic as always. Thank you very much!

Foxcon's Avatar Foederatus

Good evening Lanjane,
    I would again politely ask to to take use of your skills.

3 of 4 units are cataphract cavalry units, one of which should use a special horse texture which i also put in the file. The other unit, the sarmatians, should use a medium horse
    Last edited by Foxcon; March 09, 2019 at 04:35 AM.
    Quod si non est ita quis me potest arguere esse mentitum et ponere ante Deum verba mea?

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Foxcon

Sorry for such a long delay. I rendered your units using horses from RTR8 (skins by Webbird and Kalis). I think they fit your units the best.
    All the used skins along with the UIs are in the attachment to this post.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

auxiliapalatinia.zip

I need UI for these, they're just the vanilla auxilia palatinii, but they have the romano-british shield symbol so they need new UI.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

@Khorps

Done
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Updated all screenshots which were damaged due to greedy Photobucket politics. Everything should be okay now.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Hello everyone!
    I'm proud to present you my newest contribution to the community, units for Extended Cultures V mod released just today, as a Christmas present for all RTW fans! This facelifting work on XC mod (which was in development by Suppanut, Zarax and others) took me many months, resulting in the end in adjusting/overhauling/creating from scratch more than 950 textures, 270 models including LODs, and more than 1000 UI pairs for different factional variants of 474 unit types. Here's a quick preview of the new overhauled units:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Make sure to not skip this mod, I hope you will not be disappointed!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/extended-cultures-xc

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Lanjane; December 25, 2019 at 07:20 AM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Fantastic work again Nicolai, you continue to excel my friend
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Amazing stuff! It is heart-warming to see mods for Rome 1 are still being made and expanded on.

Hi Lanjane! I know this thread hasn't been used in a while, but if you're still doing unit cards, I have a bit of a request.

I'm trying to convert a few units from Barbarian Empires to work with other factions, and several from Extended Cultures to use default faction colours. So, my request is: can you do your magic by recolouring those unit cards and textures to use default RTW faction colours (teal for Thrace, silver for Seleucid, dark green for Mercs, etc.). Thanks in advance, and happy new year!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Hello Freedon_Nadd!

Sorry for such a late reply! This thread is old for sure, but Rome Total War Modding Community never gets too old. I'm currently available on (mostly) everyday basis in Discord, on our RTW modding Discord server (800+ members). Would you like to join? It will be much easier to stay in contact and easier to help you with anything related to RTW mods in the future. The public invitation link is https://discord.com/invite/fsy69Ky

I'll try to make the requested UIs and skins this week and send you (though it's quite a lot of units!)
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567