Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] KLA's Faction Leaders Mod 1

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [RELEASED] KLA's FACTION LEADERS MOD (reskinned started faction leaders for campaign & battles)

Hoping to see some update here but...

Default Re: [RELEASED] KLA's FACTION LEADERS MOD (reskinned started faction leaders for campaign & battles)

Quote Originally Posted by KLAssurbanipal View Post
    Thank all of you for your comments and opinions on my mod. New Mediafire link was added.

Next version with many changes will be in next week:
    - new look of heirs, too,
    - 2D portraits (family tree, units cards)
    - changes of some leaders (new shields patterns, ERE leader's hat replace to helmet, etc.),
    - new, better colors of clothes for all leaders,
    - delete Geat leader's 'second' helmet from battle.
    How is the new version coming along KLA?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The Roman emperors need red/purple boots it was a symbol of their rank- one of many including of course their purple paludamentum ( cloak.) As the fourth century wore on emperors did not go into battle anyway, military costume was for propaganda mainly.
    Court attire I think is how they should be seen.
    A bit like below, not the best image I could find, but it gives the impression

Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; June 13, 2015 at 01:04 PM.

Hi! I'm back. Sorry for delay. In the evening I will add update and replies for posts/private messages.

Great news.

Are you going to do similar work for the Last Roman?

Yes. There will be Faction Leaders Mod 2 based on that DLC and I decided to wait for release DLC before Defenders of the Cross.

Thanks for the link KLA, I guess you used the variant editor for the mod?

If so, how do you apply the changes made to all of the subsequent faction leaders?

Excellent job! The leaders have improved a lot

Icon14 Re: [RELEASED] KLA's FACTION LEADERS MOD (reskinned started faction leaders for campaign & battles)

Thank you all for comments.

Quote Originally Posted by BalrogOfMorgoth View Post
    Are you also planning to work on generals ? Germanic generals look all the same and it's a pity to see visigoth generals without the visigothic shield

Once again, thank you for the great work !
    Yes, i will start generals after FLM II and Roman, Celtic, Sassanian reskins.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaius Statius Laurentius View Post
    Oh cool, I didn't know that diadems were an option in the game. I looked for them in the models pack file and didn't find any diadems: are you making your own or did you find one in there? They're much better than the strange, early-era wreath that vanilla uses.

Honestly I think both the Western and Eastern emperors should wear diadems. If you look at all their coins and everything, Honorius and Arcadius are basically consistently portrayed with diadems. Sculptures too, and with Honorius even the more modern traditions of painting show him wearing a pseudo-crown.

These two guys are basically the most unmartial emperors they were, and so they should look the part.

Anyway, just my suggestion! Put the diadem on whichever you will, it'll be cool to see it on even one of them.

Now I'm very eager for the new version.
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    Perhaps you could model it on the diadems from the Colossus of Barletta or this bust from the Louvre, both of which are assumed to be of Theodosius II? It's a little later than the game's start date, but not by a lot, and it has the benefit of being both much closer to the time period than the Tetrarchs or Septimius Severus and a toned-down appearance of your original version for those who are bothered by it. Also FWIW, according to one of the sources I'm using, the diadem would be gold, at least for triumphs. I don't know what it would look like for everyday use and/or leading a battle, but it seems befitting of a richer, ascendant ERE.
    I will use diadem from The Last Roman Campaign Pack. It is similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHiFTQDyc

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Antiochus Philopappos View Post
    The Roman emperors need red/purple boots it was a symbol of their rank- one of many including of course their purple paludamentum ( cloak.) As the fourth century wore on emperors did not go into battle anyway, military costume was for propaganda mainly.
    Court attire I think is how they should be seen.
    A bit like below, not the best image I could find, but it gives the impression

In Faction Leaders Mod 2 I will completely change ERE emperor. He will be similar to this pic, but with armor. I will use and reskin of new elements from The Last Roman:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rs-and-clothes

I will reskin these pants and boots from Ostrogothic leader:

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    KLA..remember to replace the bronze muscular cuirass of the ERE empreror to a decorated golden one and Heirs with a silver version of it.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Eagles on feet greaves are wrong!

For future creations:
    Pallace Guard

Generals

I will reskin these new elements. Effects will be similar to those pics which you posted friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    so, any ETA yet?
    What's mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Biennius View Post
    Thanks for the link KLA, I guess you used the variant editor for the mod?

If so, how do you apply the changes made to all of the subsequent faction leaders?

Variant Editor + Photoshop + Hex Editor Neo + Pack File Manager

I made it for all leaders. I need replace Mediafire link. In Steam is actual version with heirs.

Portraits are divided into:
    2D - not moving, which are images,
    3D - mobile model of a general who can talk.
    In Rome 2 it was better because there were only 3D portraits.
    In Attila I change the 3D models and portrait I have to change further. For example, in the family tree portraits are not moving. These 2D portraits I haven't changed.
    To change the 2D portrait I would have to do leaders in the battle screen and save it as an image. However, it is almost impossible, because leaders are 357. It is almost impossible to see every of them during battles.
    You imagine that 2D is a general portrait at another time. This is a general portrait. Each of these leaders has changed the look and armors, so the family tree is the overall look, and during the battle, campaign they have disguises.

If anyone would be interested in do portraits, I would be grateful. I do not have time to do portraits of 357 leaders.

Few days ago I released the last update to this version. Now leaders and heirs should have a new look. The only thing is not changed 2D portraits. Below I have given arguments.

The new version will be released in a few days. This will be the 'Faction Leaders Mod II'. I look forward to new elements of DLC for The Last Roman.

Faction Leaders Mod II:
    - changed most of leaders, especially Eastern Roman Emperor, Burgundian king etc.
    - new shield patterns,
    - changed colours of clothes to more historical - especially red Sassanian leaders,
    - new Suebian leaders reskin,
    - reskins of 'The Last Roman' campaign leaders.

I request that the WRE emperor also use the jeweled armor and diadem from The Last Roman in your next update please.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

ETA : Estimated time of arrival

KLA you're usually so good at historically correct unit mods - can you make one that gives Alans blonde hair pls!!! Also get rid of all the asian sarmatians! Just about all the sarmatian/steppe factions look chinese. Even the Roxolani! Most of them should not only be Iranic (European), but also blonde!
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Hekhemut's Avatar Laetus

TWcenter and mediafire links are dead.

Hekhemut's Avatar Laetus

(not related to mod) An strange bug appeared after patch 1.3.1, all Sassanid successors after first leader won't have the crown. if anyone know how to fix this problem with PFM please contact me.

Icon14 Re: [RELEASED] KLA's FACTION LEADERS MOD (reskinned started faction leaders for campaign & battles)

Quote Originally Posted by Hekhemut View Post
    (not related to mod) An strange bug appeared after patch 1.3.1, all Sassanid successors after first leader won't have the crown. if anyone know how to fix this problem with PFM please contact me.
    Hmmm... In my computer it works fine. I added all successors with crowns. Maybe it is CA's bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekhemut View Post
    TWcenter and mediafire links are dead.
    I deleted it because there was an update with heirs and fixed some bugs. Actual link is on Steam. Soon I will add Mediafire if I will be sure that it is last update.

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    KLA you're usually so good at historically correct unit mods - can you make one that gives Alans blonde hair pls!!! Also get rid of all the asian sarmatians! Just about all the sarmatian/steppe factions look chinese. Even the Roxolani! Most of them should not only be Iranic (European), but also blonde!
    Thenks.
    You're right, but I made leader more eastern Iranian, because there are a lot of blonde Germans.
    Don't worry in this week I will release some reskinned Sarmatian units. They won't be Mongoloid more.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post
    ETA : Estimated time of arrival
    Ohhh... New version will be released in the end of next week, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaius Statius Laurentius View Post
    I request that the WRE emperor also use the jeweled armor and diadem from The Last Roman in your next update please.

There is a great news for you. Small beta with changed Roman emperors.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=473377956

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

now they look badass, good job

Hekhemut's Avatar Laetus

[QUOTE=KLAssurbanipal;14589017]Hmmm... In my computer it works fine. I added all successors with crowns. Maybe it is CA's bug.

Yes its CA's bug, just came out with 1.3.1 patch. I just found your mod hope there will be a link for non-steam version too

btw as artistic models as always KLA.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast