Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] KLA's Faction Leaders Mod 1

Default Re: [RELEASED] KLA's FACTION LEADERS MOD (reskinned started faction leaders for campaign & battles)

lol guys, no need to complain about the hat. It's historical and were worn by romans at that time. Its not a matter of what YOU like, it's a matter of what looks right

Default Re: [RELEASED] KLA's FACTION LEADERS MOD (reskinned started faction leaders for campaign & battles)

Quote Originally Posted by shawn858 View Post
    lol guys, no need to complain about the hat. It's historical and were worn by romans at that time. Its not a matter of what YOU like, it's a matter of what looks right
    We are giving our feedback, why is it not needed to speak up if you have some feedback to give if i may ask? Just because: "Its not a matter of what YOU like" does not mean it cannot be changed, or made a separate version were the ERE emperor does not wear a hat.

I am not saying it has to be changed, just that some of us would like to see it changed. And again, why the heck do you say it is not needed to complain about the hat? Just because it is historical and maybe Arcadius himself wore it we should all be quiet even though we do want to offer some constructive feedback?

Fortunately for us KLAssurbanipal is not you, and i am sure he will apreciate our feedback, wether he decided to change it or not is his decision.

Impressive work!

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    We are giving our feedback, why is it not needed to speak up if you have some feedback to give if i may ask? Just because: "Its not a matter of what YOU like" does not mean it cannot be changed, or made a separate version were the ERE emperor does not wear a hat.

I am not saying it has to be changed, just that some of us would like to see it changed. And again, why the heck do you say it is not needed to complain about the hat? Just because it is historical and maybe Arcadius himself wore it we should all be quiet even though we do want to offer some constructive feedback?

Fortunately for us KLAssurbanipal is not you, and i am sure he will apreciate our feedback, wether he decided to change it or not is his decision.
    You sir deserve dat kudos i give you now

One thing I would like to draw your attention to, the Geats leader. He's wearing a helmet and holding another helmet in his hands. Helmetception?

Biarchus

Most of them look better before imo, except for Attila, the Alan leader and the Ebdani leader looks amazing great job on that one. But some of the changes i don't like personally, still im sure alot of people do so great mod

♔Old Dragoon♔'s Avatar I'm Your Huckleberry
    Content Emeritus

Nice work KLA! They look dazzling and loading up now!

Quote Originally Posted by miTo82 View Post
    Wow, that Looks great! But there is one illogical thing:

The Geat faction leader now wears a helmlet with the "chainmail face protection", BUT in his right Hand he is holding another helmlet. I am not very experienced with ancient armor, but I think wearing two helmlets is not very favourable in combat :-P

Although I think thet the geat faction leader has the coolest head of all the leaders in the game and you cant see it anymore because of the new helmlet... =)
    True þæt^

Also, I noticed that the Saxon leader now has a blue tunic, could you change the cloak and tunic to be green like before?

Anyway, great mod!

almas1985's Avatar Foederatus

Thank You
    Very Nice Mod

I'm an Iranian and in our Historical references, Color of Sassanian Clothes are Red.

Very nice mod indeed KLA. The alan leader looks amazing!

Is there a turorial or step by step guide on how to do this wich you can point me to?

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Superb work mate, and Im very glad to see that you exist in Attila too!

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Great job KLA, thanks

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

Great mod indeed! May I suggest a KLA Faction Leaders and Heirs Mod next? The issue with the leaders is that they die too soon (Dag for example) and then the heir is boring looking (Stilicho for example). After they die, your good work goes with them, let it continue!

Love the mod. Two things:

Just to add on to the extra helmet with the Geats issue. If you go to the Summary Tab, the helm then is just floating about:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=431361396

Secondly, this is the sad part. Once the original leader passes, the heirs don't get to keep these updated uniforms. Reverts to vanilla on heirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ministry View Post
    Great mod indeed! May I suggest a KLA Faction Leaders and Heirs Mod next? The issue with the leaders is that they die too soon (Dag for example) and then the heir is boring looking (Stilicho for example). After they die, your good work goes with them, let it continue!

does anyone know why this happens? ^^^^^

The hat Arcadius wears in the modified version of him is characteristically Late Roman, but green seems a bit uncertain. I mean there were circus factions at time, and wearing the colours of the Greens would have enraged the Blues. The gangs associated with them were needed to keep order in Constantinople.

police55's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by KLAssurbanipal View Post

KLA's Attila - Faction Leaders Mod (Kings & Emperors)

This is a reskin started faction leaders - kings and emperors.

In Vanilla version of the game faction leaders look strange. Some of them look like ordinary soldiers (for example, Frankish leader).
    I decided to change them.

New faction leaders have changed elements - helmets, caps, armors, clothes, shields. I added my own reskins.
    I made a lot of changes based on historical sources. Following are some of the changes.
    You will find lots of forgotten by CA elements such as bronze muscled cuirass and pteruges for Roman Emperors.
    The leader of the Alans is no longer Germanic. He looks like a nobleman from Sarmatian tribe.
    Bahram IV - Sassanid king now has light skin and a hairstyle for Sassanian coins.
    Vandals leader doesn't look like a standard warrior, because he has now a helmet and armor.

Change is much more. I wrote them in detail in the preview.

DOWNLOAD

Steam
    Attila Steam Workshop isn't yet available.

Total War Center
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=4182

Mediafire
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/y4...eaders_Mod.rar

PREVIEW

Sassanid Empire:

- changed color's skin to a lighter;
    - added hairstyle known from coins and art;
    - changed the color of the clothes

Eastern Roman Empire:

- added Roman cap, depicted in the art of the late emperors;
    - changed armor from scale (lorica squamata) to muscular bronze cuirass;
    - added pteruges;
    - added historical 'tunica manicata';
    - deleted trousers;
    - added greaves

Western Roman Empire:

- changed helmet from poor legionary helmet to historical officer's helmet with jewels;
    - changed armor from 'lorica hamata' (chainmail) to 'lorica squamata' (scale);
    - added pteruges;
    - deleted 'phalara' (from early Roman Empire period);
    - added historical 'tunica manicata';
    - added greaves

Alans:

- changed helmet from Germanic spangenhelm to Sarmatian scale type;
    - changed armor from light chainmail to lamellar and heavy chainmail;
    - changed beard from Germanic to eastern style;
    - added greaves

Huns:

- changed armor from leather to more majestic lamellar;
    - changed belt;
    - changed color of tunic from grey to white - Attila is a king

Visigoths:

- changed Germanic helmet style;
    - changed cloak from leather to more majestic type;
    - changed tunic pattern;
    - changed belt;
    - deleted greaves

Ostrogoths:

- changed helmet from Germanic spangenhelm to Romano-Gothic type;
    - changed tunic pattern;
    - changed beard from 'Spartan' type to Germanic;
    - changed trousers

Vandals:

- added helmet with nasal;
    - added chainmail;
    - changed trousers style;
    - changed shield's color

Franks:

- changed helmet from poor leather stype to iron Germanic type;
    - added chainmail;
    - changed tunic pattern to more majestic type;
    - changed belt;
    - changed trousers style

Burgundians:

- changed helmet from animal pelt to elite Germanic spangenhelm;
    - changed scale armor style;
    - changed belt;
    - deleted greaves

Alamans:

- changed from crown to helmet with jewels;
    - changed tunic pattern to more historical;
    - deleted greaves

Ebdanians:

- added iron helmet;
    - changed cloak to more Celtic style;
    - added Celtic tattoos;
    - added Celtic bracelets;
    - deleted tunic
    - deleted chainmail;
    - changed trousers pattern to more historical

Caledonians:

- added headband;
    - deleted chainmail from earlier period;
    - deleted hand protectors;
    - deleted trousers (basad on historical sources with Celtic naked legs in that period)

Picts:

- changed trousers style to historical Celtic checkered style;
    - changed color of tunic and shield

Danes:

- changed Vendel helmet style to more majestic;
    - added bearskin cloak;
    - added gambison;
    - changed chainmail style;
    - changed belt;
    - added arm protectors;
    - changed trousers pattern

Jutes:

- added wolf pelt;
    - changed trousers style from Scythian to Germanic

Geats:

- added Vandel helmets with chainmail mask;
    - added gambison;
    - changed poor leather armor to chainmail;
    - changed belt;
    - deleted greaves

Saxons:

- added majestic cloak;
    - changed belt;
    - changed trousers pattern

Have fun!
    Would it be possible to make the armor for heirs?

Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Biennius View Post
    Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to do this?

i say its useless to even try at the moment because when the starting faction leader dies the new one just gets the generic clothes again. dont know why.

Well I can seattle with that im trying to give Attila himself (the campagin character/general) a good looking fur cape and a nice floopity flop on his crown/helmet. KLA managed to somehow get this done for different characters so im asking around.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast