Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TES VI

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: TES VI

TES 6 officially confirmed but it's at least 3-4 years away if not more. Beth are working on 3 games in parallel and they will release the other two first to prefect the tech they need for TES

Howard said it's their most ambitious game ever

[Elder Scrolls 6 is] kind of like the elephant in the room, always, when we talk about anything And you know, I think it's good in these moments to tell our fans yes, of course we are [working on it] - it's something we love - but it is... you know, I have to be careful what I say, it's a very long way off.

I could sit here and explain the game to you, and you would say, 'That sounds like you don't even have the technology. How long is that going to take?'
    So it is something that's going to take a lot of time, what he have in mind for that game, and we actually have two other large projects we're also doing that are bigger than everything we've done. People will probably hear about those even before Elder Scrolls 6. That'll make sense many years from now.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; June 14, 2016 at 08:39 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

No real surprises there. I'm more intrigued by those other two "large projects", I assume he's not refering to anything we've heard about yet. That would mean Bethesda are steering away from their traditional "one game every 4-5 years" model which considering their studio isn't huge and they already have a tendency to not fix bugs could potentially be quite bad. Only time will tell.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Not sure if I will be happy about these other projects considering how little I care for Fallout. I played the third one but that was enough for me. Spend enough time in a desolate wasteland already in that one.
    Here's hoping the other two projects will be more interesting.

Anyways, someone mentioned a more interesting thieves guild and I think guilds might be a good thing to talk about regardless of where it takes place. Since we can expect guilds to be there.

Personly, it really bothers me that I can't take out the thieves guild in Skyrim, and that that the quest line starts automatically too even if you dont want it.
    I think that a thieves guild could really use a counter to it. Making it a choice to either become a thief, or get hired by the local lord to destroy the thieves guild.
    Since if your character is more of a noble and lawfull person and you know the thieves guild is right there, its just frustrating you cant do anything about it. They are not even hiding.

I also think that membership of guilds should have a requirement and should also be more limited. You could be a member of various organisations, but within reason. Its just stupid that someone can be the leader of all factions.
    Save that for multible playthroughs. I think it could also allow for the guild stuff to have a greater impact then since if you can only join one of two guilds, you could mess up and interact with the other guild because you could not join it.
    Fighters guild and mages guild is a prime example. Both could be hired for some tasks, and you would represent the side you joined. The two could have a bit of a rivalry even.

Might also be nice if guilds where not so much a basic quest chain, but more a place to pick up randomly generated quests, with a few guild quests that allow you to advance if you choose to take them. I dont think you need to be leading these guilds at all, just let an NPC lead and let the player be the second in command. Its not like you can actually lead a guild anyways so its stupid to give that title.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Might also be nice if guilds where not so much a basic quest chain, but more a place to pick up randomly generated quests
    Please god no. That's one of the worst features in Fallout 4, not knowing which quests will have actual narrative and which is only "go to place, kill things, return for reward". It's very possible this could be done well, but in Skyrim and F4 Bethesda have showed they have no idea how to make interesting radiant quests.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    No real surprises there. I'm more intrigued by those other two "large projects", I assume he's not refering to anything we've heard about yet. That would mean Bethesda are steering away from their traditional "one game every 4-5 years" model which considering their studio isn't huge and they already have a tendency to not fix bugs could potentially be quite bad. Only time will tell.
    Keep in mind a project doesn't necessarily mean a new game. Could very well be (and I assume they are) working on a brand new engine.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

People still waiting TES VI, lol, not going to happen before 2020.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

One thing I expect from the next Elder Scroll is bigger world and a more populated/animated world. After The Witcher 3 and to a lesser extend Dragon Age : Inquisition Bethesda has to set their level higher on theses two area. I do not ask for every major city to be as big as Novigrad. Obviously. But it is definitely time we get immersive big cities in TES. For one there should not be more guards than civilians.

Their side quest should be better too. I thought Skyrim had many interesting characters. Most of the time TES is lacking in development. How they make the world more alive. The war between Stormcloak and the Empire is a prime example of this. It was one of the most immersive conflict in video games on presentation. People keep choosing one side or the other and felt they did the "good" choice. But the civil war quest were little fight between 6 dudes. Sometimes you would find a soldier's encampment. Less often two patrol of 3 men fighting. Disappointing.

I installed some radiant encounter mod in Skyrim and it was way better. Mix it with some real side quest and it could be great.

I hope as well TES will retain its specific character. I tried Fallout 4 and I hated it.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; June 16, 2016 at 04:17 PM.

Inquisition was a terrible game though, a failed attempt at an open world. The rediculous melee combat didnt help either. Its like the designers never saw a sword fight in any type of media, or knew anything about how humans move.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Really ? I thought Inquisition was a good game as a whole. Even a great game in some aspect. Combat and combat animations are not its strong point. Too stylized for my taste. I do not know why EA like it so much that way. I a was mostly referring to environment scale. Locations like Dragon Reach felt nice, full of life with enough people in. Something about the design too. I often stopped after I had discovered a new area and was like "wow that's a big dungeon".

Combat and equipment look should definitely not be influenced by Inquisition. As you said they are better in TES than in most game. If anything I want more "regular" armor and an even greater emphasize on low fantasy with Daedra armor, Ebony armor, Dwarven armor more rare. In Skyrim I always keep my light hide armor set or fur armor in cold area.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; June 18, 2016 at 11:19 AM.

Oh yes, nothing too flashy would be nice for armors.

I do like that in Skyrim they give some more natural mid tier armors.. the scaled armor and steel plate are quite nice.

But maybe it would be nicer if design of armor/weapons and material was seperate. Where possible. Daedric needs to be a little twisted and glass is quite different too.
    But I don't see why an Ebony armor couldnt have the design of the iron armor.

This might make it more interesting to be a blacksmith too, you would get more freedom instead of following a very strict code that determines that all armors of the same material must look identical.
    They could still have a default combination that is the most likely to appear, combinations that are not default could be reserved for master smith's their stock, boss characters and important NPC's.

Just means that the name of the armor or weapon could be a combination of two things. Like:
    -Ebony elven armor.
    -Steel dwarven armor.
    -Dwemer knight armor.
    -Mithril nordic armor.

I loved TES V so much, yet there are a few things that I'd like to see Bethesda improve on TES VI, like facial expressions. It's weird, such a good game, with voices properly chosen and suiting to the character, having no facial expressions, making the character looking the same whenever is angry, sad, happy or anything else. I know that's not big deal, but in my opinion, it just would let the game a little more immersive, though.
    I'll wait and see. Until then, I need a new PC to play it as it's released! :p

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Finally got a tiny glimpse of ES6
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post

Finally got a tiny glimpse of ES6
    What does the location look like? There is a huge coastline, maybe another continent? High Rock?

Looks like High Rock.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; June 10, 2018 at 10:34 PM.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I haven't a clue
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

A lot of people are saying high rock, black marsh, elseweyr

or even Akavir..
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Praise Todd!
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Given all we've seen of Starfield is a teaser, I wouldn't be expecting TES VI for at least another three years, if not more. Still, as fond as the memories are of previous Elder Scrolls games, I was blown away by Witcher 3 and now regard the latter as the best RPG I've ever played.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
    Given all we've seen of Starfield is a teaser, I wouldn't be expecting TES VI for at least another three years, if not more. Still, as fond as the memories are of previous Elder Scrolls games, I was blown away by Witcher 3 and now regard the latter as the best RPG I've ever played.
    I think Starfield will come next year and after TES 6 in 2020. Fingers crossed

Senator

They said Starfield is next gen ,so unless the next gen consoles come out 2019 that won't happen.

A lot of people are saying high rock, black marsh, elseweyr
    Really qho said Black Marsh?This is a dry coast with mountains ,Black Marsh would have tropical jungles and swamps.It's also not tropical enough to be Elsweyr.Some people say it is High Rock but I think it looks more like Hammerfell the PGE says it has a dry and rocky coast.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    I think Starfield will come next year and after TES 6 in 2020. Fingers crossed
    I doubt ES is that close off. Probably Starfield at the end of next year, if we are lucky, if not probably 2020. I don't see ES6 happening until like 2021-2023

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast