Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TES VI

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default TES VI

No its not announced yet . I was wondering what TES fans would like to see in TES VI. I would love to see a new TES taking place on another continent. Having the same races and perhaps a couple more. The story could be similar to the story in Bloodmoon expansion of Morrowind. You reach a foreign land and you try to build a couple of cities, exploring at the same time the landscape. What would you like to see?

Default Re: TES VI

Wars, politics and turmoil. Unfortunately the Elder Scrolls are about saving the world.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

It is going to be either about furry or scalie right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Keep waiting that.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

My money is on TES Argonia
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

My ideal game would be featuring both Valenwood and Elsweyr

very close #2 would be basically the same location as Daggerfall, around the Iliac Bay. With the western part of High Rock and the Nothern part of Hammerfell (and it should extend far enough west to include Orsinium in the Northeast corner of the map)

#3 and more realistic would be Summerset Isle, focusing on the Thalmor and a rising rebellion to the Aldmeri Dominion (I'm sure not every Altmer is a fantasy Nazi).
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

High Rock, Dwemer returning with machines, something to do with the Adamantine Tower.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Not for VI since they need to continue the Thalmor story, but I would love a TES that goes for depth instead of expansiveness.
    A TES: Orsinium would be perfect for this. Recreate an entire city in detail rather than the hamlets we're supposed to believe house thousands of people.
    Have the pogroms between the Orcs and Bretons/Redguards as background setting, the Orcs establishing the new Orsinium on the border between Hammerfell and Skyrim and your character having an influence whether the Orcs will go for the insular defensive rout, or basically tell their enemies to come get them because they're not running again.

Could be interesting politically as well with Bretons and Redguard vs Orcs backed by Imperials and the Nords as the wild card that needs to be convinced to join either side.
    Put in some gangwars for generic mook fighting, add some Shezarrine shenanigans with Orkey and Malacath. Considering the region, you could add Western Dwemer ruins in the deep sewers, maybe some stuff about the pre-Ra Gada humans in the area to fill out some lore (could clarify the whole Nedes, Atmorans thing that's confusing most newcomers that haven't realized Imperial history is also Imperial propaganda)
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Not for VI since they need to continue the Thalmor story, but I would love a TES that goes for depth instead of expansiveness.
    A TES: Orsinium would be perfect for this. Recreate an entire city in detail rather than the hamlets we're supposed to believe house thousands of people.
    Have the pogroms between the Orcs and Bretons/Redguards as background setting, the Orcs establishing the new Orsinium on the border between Hammerfell and Skyrim and your character having an influence whether the Orcs will go for the insular defensive rout, or basically tell their enemies to come get them because they're not running again.

Could be interesting politically as well with Bretons and Redguard vs Orcs backed by Imperials and the Nords as the wild card that needs to be convinced to join either side.
    Put in some gangwars for generic mook fighting, add some Shezarrine shenanigans with Orkey and Malacath. Considering the region, you could add Western Dwemer ruins in the deep sewers, maybe some stuff about the pre-Ra Gada humans in the area to fill out some lore (could clarify the whole Nedes, Atmorans thing that's confusing most newcomers that haven't realized Imperial history is also Imperial propaganda)
    Bethesda controls quite a few developers now, they could have one of them develop a more story oriented, fixed protagonist adventure game based on a single city and outlying regions. Having it be a spinoff instead of a numbered TES game wouldn't make people rage about the limited scope.

Maybe they have Arkane do it after they finish Dishonored 2 or whatever they are currently making.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post

This is pretty much what I want. The map of Skyrim may have been huge, but the "large" cities inhabitet 10 people and you could walk across them in a minute. I want what AC did to Paris, a large map with huge cities.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

I'd prefer one with high rock and hammerfell, specially with orsinium since orcs rule.

But one with elsewyr and valewood would be nice yeah.

Though i'd like it to be about a 2nd great war between the thalmor and the empire + independent skyrim (cause thats how i roll m8) from how bethesda continued the story of their previous games on the next one i bet it will have nothing to do with such a conflict.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well we have seen plenty of Skyrim so Nords dont need to play a large part in the next game.

I'd like to see Hammerfell, the desert climate may be a nice change. I dont understand the geography much though since it shares borders with Skyrim..

Hammerfell could maybe be combined with High Rock. Two countries with one game. Might allow for some interesting political intrigue and we'd suddenly have the homelands of Redguard, Bretons and orcs.

Alternatively the Elsewyr and Valenwood combination could also work well.

I dont think that using either Elsewyr or Blackmarsh on their own would sell well due to them being inhabited by beast races primarily, but it works well with a second country.
    BlackMarsh would definatly need to be combined with Morrowind since they do have their conflicts with each other.

Either way I do think that having two countries seems like the way forward.

But while we can talk endlessly about the location, why not talk more about how they could improve the gameplay?

There are a few minor things I really would like to see them improve on..

-visibly eating and drinking.
    This just adds immersion.. I dont think it works to just do that in battle so for battle they could stick with healing potions as primary means to heal. Still not immersive I gues since you'd be killed while drinking such a potion but can let that slide for gameplay.. but I'd just like to be able to sit down in a tavern and actually see my character eat and drink there.

-Useable boats.
    We see rowboats everywhere but cant even use those. Might also be nice to see boats sailing by, trade ships could have their own schedule, making trips between ports. Even if its just from one port to another.
    The rowboats would also be nice to see people use them, go fishing with them and maybe there could be some spots where its really dangerous to swim and you'd need a boat to cross.

-Magic selected seperatly from weapons.
    They did it with oblivion which worked better, not sure why they messed it up in skyrim. Switching is a pain in Skyrim.

-Belts and sheathes used for quickslotting weapons.
    You could still carry many weapons with you, but what you'd have ready to use could depend on what you have equipped on your belts and sheathes. This would also allow you to see what weapons NPC's are carrying.
    Would also means no more weapons floating miraculously on your back or sides without the presence of any belt.
    Might also give some more use for back up weapons like a dagger or such. Always room to carry a dagger.

-Proper mounted combat.
    Is it really that hard to do in this time and age? I'd want to be able to hit from both sides of me when wielding a melee weapon on horseback.
    Maybe there could also be a charge attack, trample damage and all that. And horses should not attack in combat and should just flee and be mostly left alone when dismounted.

-Breakable armor and weapons.
    Could be pretty neat if it had durability and could actually break if you never repair it, seeing shields and weapons shatter to pieces and armor having a broken appearance it could switch to once its completely damaged. If you really go to town on someone, they'd lay there dead, decapitated with broken arms and armor.

-ability to knock someone out.
    Thief guild quests and others where you arent supposed to kill anyone are annoying. If they see you they want to kill you and you cant do anything else than kill them to make it stop.

-All fights not being to the death.
    People should actually surrender at times, or flee. Could be some unique dialogue there when they yield. You could tell bandits to change their ways which might happen, or they come back later with more people to try and get revenge.
    Last edited by Inhuman One; July 19, 2015 at 07:16 AM.

Usable boats? They've yet to make a convincing body of water that isn't an endless ocean.

Centenarius

I think Hammerfell could be an interesting place for the next chapter; the hardcore mode of Fallout NV fits very well with the climate of the Alik'r desert.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Protector Domesticus

Definatly need some Elsweyr, though if they up the scope then throw in Blackmarsh too.
    The Beast races could definitely use some expansion upon and they are in a prime area story wise.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Personly I really dont like them, combining BlackMarsh and Elswyr for the expansion would be a bad move, two beast race countries and no human or elf ones.

Black Marsh works best with Morrowind due to their conflicts, and Elswyr seems to work best with Valenwood.

Well I doubt they could do both without at least throwing Leyawiin and/or Bravil into the mix.

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Personly I really dont like them, combining BlackMarsh and Elswyr for the expansion would be a bad move, two beast race countries and no human or elf ones.

Black Marsh works best with Morrowind due to their conflicts, and Elswyr seems to work best with Valenwood.
    Have Elswyr being contested by the Empire and Dominion and the repercussions of Blackmarsh - Morrowind.
    Plenty of Human and Elves to go around while giving the beast races a chance to shine.

Or have Elswyr and a chunk of Valenwood, Blackmarsh and Cyridill on the borders to give a varied set of issues for the player to get involved in.
    Last edited by SLN445; July 24, 2015 at 07:44 PM.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I think visible eating and drinking of potions and such will be in the next TES. FO4 is going to have a stimpack use animation (you can't just spam them now), so my guess is that is going to stay.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I suspect next one will be Argonia
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast