Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~~OLD~~~ [FAQ] General questions

Default Re: [FAQ] General questions

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicKnottzz View Post
    Hey I read somewhere else about the speed of battles, but I cant seem to find it. I was wondering what you guys where planning with the speed of battle. I do agree vanilla is a tad bit to fast, but I also think something like the Radios total war mod is a tad bit too slow. So basically what i was hoping for was a kind of sweet spot between the two. Or maybe even and option of 2 or 3 different modes? Whatever you guys end up choosing i'll still play happily. hehe

Oh and also had an little thought I wanted to add to my post above. You guys remember how in medieval 2; when you finished a campaign you would unlock a few factions for playing? I always really liked that and it accompanied the satisfaction of completing you campaign quit well. I think it would be really cool if you guys did something like that. Just a thought.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Oh and also had an little thought I wanted to add to my post above. You guys remember how in medieval 2; when you finished a campaign you would unlock a few factions for playing? I always really liked that and it accompanied the satisfaction of completing you campaign quit well. I think it would be really cool if you guys did something like that. Just a thought.
    Don't remember. Do you mean unlocking faction after long campaign but not finished yet or after you have finished campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.J View Post
    Don't remember. Do you mean unlocking faction after long campaign but not finished yet or after you have finished campaign?
    Hmh, pretty sure it was after having finished a campaign. Haven't played in a while to be honest haha. Twas cool though. Also what kinda of combat speed are we looking at with TW:RoM?

Hmh, pretty sure it was after having finished a campaign. Haven't played in a while to be honest haha. Twas cool though. Also what kinda of combat speed are we looking at with TW:RoM?
    We didn't look for combat speed yet.
    I can't remember anything in Medieval 2 which allows to have more playable factions after finishing whole campaign. Maybe I am wrong.
    I remember you could convert Eriador to Arnor. One of my mods for TATW also allows to unite Gondor and Arnor. Is that what you mean?

We didn't look for combat speed yet.
    I can't remember anything in Medieval 2 which allows to have more playable factions after finishing whole campaign. Maybe I am wrong.
    I remember you could convert Eriador to Arnor. One of my mods for TATW also allows to unite Gondor and Arnor. Is that what you mean?
    I couldn't find much on it, but i did find someone else explaining it on this forum: http://medieval2.heavengames.com/cgi...7,8447,330,all This is what the dude said

This is what the dude said, "you can just wipe out a faction, BUT you have to be doing it on the Long Campaign. Once you wipe them out, you don't even have to finish it, you can just exit and go back into the Grand Campaign menu and you will have it unlocked. (that's how it worked for me)". <--- That's also how I remember it i'm pretty sure. But I just thought if your guys implemented something like that i'd be pretty cool. Maybe for some less important factions that you where or weren't planning on having playable. But its just an idea, figured I ask about haha.

I couldn't find much on it, but i did find someone else explaining it on this forum: http://medieval2.heavengames.com/cgi...7,8447,330,all This is what the dude said

This is what the dude said, "you can just wipe out a faction, BUT you have to be doing it on the Long Campaign. Once you wipe them out, you don't even have to finish it, you can just exit and go back into the Grand Campaign menu and you will have it unlocked. (that's how it worked for me)". <--- That's also how I remember it i'm pretty sure. But I just thought if your guys implemented something like that i'd be pretty cool. Maybe for some less important factions that you where or weren't planning on having playable. But its just an idea, figured I ask about haha.
    I never heard about it and I only once played Med2 custom battle and nothing more.
    I only know how to unlock factions with text editing of descr_strat.txt

I never heard about it and I only once played Med2 custom battle and nothing more.
    I only know how to unlock factions with text editing of descr_strat.txt
    Oh really? Well I played a lot more custom battle than actual campaign for sure! haha. I just remember it being really satisfying if you wanted to play a faction that wasn't already playable, you would just go to war with them; annihilate them. Then you could if you wanted go back to the menu screen and play that faction. That pretty much what I was getting at and wanted to know if you guys would be interested in doing something like that? But whatever you guys put out in the end I will be more that happy with!

Oh really? Well I played a lot more custom battle than actual campaign for sure! haha. I just remember it being really satisfying if you wanted to play a faction that wasn't already playable, you would just go to war with them; annihilate them. Then you could if you wanted go back to the menu screen and play that faction. That pretty much what I was getting at and wanted to know if you guys would be interested in doing something like that? But whatever you guys put out in the end I will be more that happy with!
    Sure if possible we will make when good factions win make all good factions unlocked and opposide.

Sure if possible we will make when good factions win make all good factions unlocked and opposide.
    WOW, awesome man; thank you. Your the man! lol

I know you guys are probably working hard to take advantage of Assembly Kit now, when it's finally out, but it would be nice if you could update the preview threads with screenshots of new units once in a while, i'm sure a lot of people want to see what's your current progress with some factions even if it's WIP, just to make it clear, i'm not demanding anything, it's just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynevann View Post
    I know you guys are probably working hard to take advantage of Assembly Kit now, when it's finally out, but it would be nice if you could update the preview threads with screenshots of new units once in a while, i'm sure a lot of people want to see what's your current progress with some factions even if it's WIP, just to make it clear, i'm not demanding anything, it's just an idea.
    Okay I'll throw small preview today.

I know, many of you are very curious about this mod and want to see new updates as soon as possible. Nevertheless, I say again, please leave us our time! You also have to understand that we don't want to throw out all new content we just finished because you also want to explore some very new content at your own later, right?
    So, let us decide at our own when and what we preview.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

will saruman, gandalf or sauron have some magical spells?

Maybe as a special ability button, but no visual enhancements.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

hello TW:ROM team are these fations playable from start

Arnor (playable)
    Gondor (playable)
    Rohan (playable)
    Erebor (playable)
    Harad (playable)
    Balchoth (playable)
    Isengard (playable)
    Mordor (playable)
    The Woodland Realm (playable)

and those will unlocked afther win and finhising a campain?
    Shire & Breeland
    Dale
    Iron Hills
    Ered Luin
    Orocarni
    Dunland
    Rivendell
    Lindon
    Lothlorien
    Dorwinion
    Umbar
    Wainriders
    Variags
    Dol Guldur
    Gundabad
    Orcs of the Misty Mountains
    greetings atthias

Havelock Vetinari's Avatar Libertus

I donīt think its possible to unlock factions like Medieval 2, but i am not an expert.

We have own vision how to use factions^^

will ring grant some extra bonuses or will we be able to recruit sauron?

One Ring will be very important.

What so you mean with "Ring" or "One Ring"? - No, fun away, since the whole lore bases on the story of the One Ring it will of course get an important role (details have to be discussed internal).