Thread: Deus lo Vult player Feedback

Icon14 Deus lo Vult player Feedback

Hello,

I would like to thank the creators for making this experience possible; as soon as I read that this is a Civ-like version of MTW2 I knew this would be the mod for me, great job.

My first campaign was as Norway ("King in the North!") but failed horribly because I haven't read the manual, also Norway is Beowulf level difficulty due to useless and money draining Greenland which no one ever attacks and the massive rebel fleets surround and sink anything within three turns.

While playing as Ireland I viewed mercenary cogs as a one time transport fee: Boarding and disembarking in the first or second turn, sunk before the third (no hard feelings whatsoever).

As Norway, I found it impossible to transport anything from Greenland to my capital and thus stopped (this problem goes away after a long while). Ships with ballistas on board travel extra slow even while on a crusade (I'd use 10 ships if it would fix the problem).

My second campaignas Ireland ​was more successful so I had a lot of fun. I enjoyed the new map and buildings; the financial mechanics are brilliant; military supplies and family member careers are my fave.

The original reason I was searching for a mod was because I wanted the AI improved. While this is true for battlefield AI I see no change in campaign map AI. The AI armies still march aimlessly leaving strongholds and settlements empty (NO, I don't want to be punished with AI garrisons for successfully sneaking behind enemy lines to a strategic unguarded settlement). I understand it's hard to program AI to form front lines, not even single tiled CivV AI is capable of that however I do believe all the difference would be made if AI armies would:
    -intentionally block mountain passes
    -stay 1 turn close to settlements
    -respond to beach landings
    -USE THEIR FORTS

If someone knows of a mod that improves campaign map AI, please let me know.

Best wishes to the mod team
    :3

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Deus lo Vult player Feedback

Short answer, BB-submod for DLV
    it has real alliances (thrusted alliance) ingame

Default Re: Deus lo Vult player Feedback

I spared time to play DLV again yesterday and was going to install Lusted's mod but luckily remembered to check here.

The download failed while I was playing yesterday. I tried again today and when DLV crashed a fully dowloaded .zip file awaited me.
    I installed it, updated it and didn't get further than 3 seconds of a loading screen. Checked online first and became content I didn't waste more time.

My third campaign as Portugal was going great. I married my faction heir to a Spanish princess, they married their heir to my princess... Our relations were outstanding, then perfect, then Spain attacked with 5 units of peasant archers.

The map is well made. It should be a standalone mod.

3: