Thread: list of Armour upgrades

Default list of Armour upgrades

So im looking for possible a list of SS armour upgrades, possible with rankings too like:
    1 Leather "+1 defense"
    2 Padded "+1 defense"
    3 Lemella "+2 defense"

etc. if this exists, as im slowly editing the descr_unit to my liking and i want to know more about armour upgrades and said upgrades effects.
    i have found that in vanilla the game only shows a increase off +1 defense for each armour upgrade, but in fact its much higher. Alot of people have made tests on this, i want to know is this the same case for SS?

Default Re: list of Armour upgrades

Armor is worth 2 AFAIK. Its well-represented in the list of armor upgrades.
    http://www.stainless-steel-mod.com/RR_RC_Guide_2.html

Thank you that was just what i was looking for.

k/t, do you know which stainless steel uses? Isn't stainless steel a little out of date? A little off topic, but is updating the RC part possible without killing my save game?

I think SS uses an even older version than the RR/RC Compilation, which came out in 2009.

You can update your files with these ones: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-0-files/page4, post #70.

Use caution, though. I know there are some differences between the Compilation and 6.4.

I used caution and made a backup first. Sadly updating the files causes the game to crash with no error so I went back to the original. Bummer. I really don't understand how the 2 got so out of sync in the first place.

That's not what I meant by caution. It goes without saying you should make back-ups. I meant you have to check each unit to see if it's in both EDUs and replace the entries one by one. Most are, but not all. You are probably not getting an error message due to a unit not having a BMDB entry.

If you want the full RC 2 experience, you will have to switch the animations, descr_mount and the BMDB files too. Since the units are slightly different, you will have to comb through BMDB too. Unless you just swap all the files, including export_descr_buildings, but then you'll have to edit descr_regions because the Compilation restricts huge cities.

For now, just change the unit stats, but leave the mounts as they are. You can try later to change those.

The Compilation is a submod for 6.1, and it is an aggregate of submods. It also includes 6.2. The next version will be even more different, since it will have BC and Magyar Mod units, as well as RollingWave's far superior map.