Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MTW2 unpack tool 1.01 Update

waitcu's Avatar Civitate

Default MTW2 unpack tool 1.01 Update

here is creator minehe's note

Hi guys.

I made a toolkits for extract files from m2tw .pack file.
    The toolkits is still under development early, but it can extract files from .pack file now, I think it is a useful tool for mod makers.

I will make it better in feature. I will add more useful functions like replace file, add file and remove file etc.

minehe
    unpack tool 1.0
    1)repack function could not be used because it still have some unknown code of the MTW2 pack
    2)install this tool need the Microsoft DotNet 2.0 tool both , this tool will download from internet and install with the unpack tool at the same time . u can also go to Microsoft web-page to down Microsoft DotNet 2.0 first .
    3)add and delete thne files in pack function still developing , it need some time to research
    4)the creator said he had been read some unpack files *.text and *.bin , it's not the common files like the texts file in rtw , it still need tool to read it decode it , it still under research . but he think there are many coders in world , you guys can also try to decode it .
    5)the tool may have bugs
    6)the second verion may take sometimes to release

update 1.01
    1)found out a Unknown code , now you can load the data_x.pack this kind of big pack as usual
    2)improve the loading UI , add the loading information bar and cancal bottom
    3)improve some function of running the tool steady
    4)improve the loading pack file speed
    5)fix the bug which could not enter the tool

Dowload link
    Last edited by waitcu; November 15, 2006 at 08:35 PM.

click here to our Three kingdoms : Total War web-page
    I come from China , I love my motherland
    LEADER of Zhanguo mod team
    ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country --John Kennedy
    Chinese Sword, a remarkable and unassailable symbol of ancient Chinese civilization and spirit of his people. It reflects five most essential spirits of every Chinese man: 仁 Ren (benevolence), 义 Yi (righteousness), 礼 Li (principles), 智 Zhi (intelligence) and 信 Xin (trustworthiness).

Default Re: the first version of unpack tool release

Awesome. Downloading and testing right now!
    in patronicium sub The Bavarian Noble

I've posted it on the guild forums, but I'll post it here too. The tool doesn't work for me - it crashes upon a start with a message:

MineHe.M2TW.ModSDK.Packer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience

I've downloaded the dot.net from the microsoft page after the crashes (eventhough I got it during installing the packer), but it didn't help at all

It doesn't work for me
    I have Net 2.0 on my laptop

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Mh..doesn´t work for me either. Same error as Omni.
    in patronicium sub The Bavarian Noble

waitcu's Avatar Civitate

oh **** , i just test , dosen't work too , but i install successful, let me ask the the creator what's happen .
    Last edited by waitcu; November 15, 2006 at 10:18 AM.

ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country --John Kennedy
    Chinese Sword, a remarkable and unassailable symbol of ancient Chinese civilization and spirit of his people. It reflects five most essential spirits of every Chinese man: 仁 Ren (benevolence), 义 Yi (righteousness), 礼 Li (principles), 智 Zhi (intelligence) and 信 Xin (trustworthiness).

Tom Servo's Avatar Semisalis

Even if you cant replace the files can you still make the game use the extracted files or are our hands still tied up?

waitcu's Avatar Civitate

hello , the bug had been fixed , i had upload another verion here . now you can enter the tool successful

Spartan's Avatar Divus
    Patrician

Default Re: MTW2 unpack tool 1.01 Update

Outstanding! Looks like the great Verc has some competition this time around.
    "Consular" Spartan, Vassal of Siblesz
    Lord of lt1956, & Vercingetorix, Founder House of Spartae
    §§TWC's Father of Modding§§ §§ RulersoftheSea.com §§
    "The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, & power over nothing" - Herodotus

Ha, this one works

Too bad, that none of the extracted files are openable

Nice work - the pack was cracked before CA released their OWN unpacker.

But....it needs more work to make the files actually readable - especially the desc_ files...

^You make it sound like they don't have an unpacker...

Tom Servo's Avatar Semisalis

Its weird that even the simple text files are encrypted. Its not like they can save space by encrypting a text file. Thankfully someone smarter than me will figure this out.

waitcu's Avatar Civitate

the tool maker is researching on how to explain the unread code to normal . i will keep it update here and bring his latest informations in times .

Quote Originally Posted by waitcu
    the tool maker is researching on how to explain the unread code to normal . i will keep it update here and bring his latest informations in times .
    Thanks for service. The importend files of all (EDB EDU ect.) are still not working. Have I to install that tool again if it is fixed?

edit/

The tga files can't read by photoshop or ACDSee.
    Last edited by Adorno; November 15, 2006 at 09:40 PM.

Its weird that even the simple text files are encrypted. Its not like they can save space by encrypting a text file. Thankfully someone smarter than me will figure this out.
    Thats true... I can see compressing models, textures, sprites and such, that take up space, but the 10kb desc_ files? Strange....

As you say, I hope someone figures it out!

Big thumbs down on the "mod-ability" of M2TW for this. I sort of, knew this, since we never got a straight answer about the same question repeated a thousand times which went like "can M2TW be easily modded?".

Now we have to worry about unpacking/repacking. An easy to use toolkit should have been available in the limited edition or in a download link.... *looks at the TES toolkit for Oblivion...

waitcu's Avatar Civitate

Thanks for service. The importend files of all (EDB EDU ect.) are still not working. Have I to install that tool again if it is fixed?

edit/

The tga files can't read by photoshop or ACDSee.
    Thats true... I can see compressing models, textures, sprites and such, that take up space, but the 10kb desc_ files? Strange....

As you say, I hope someone figures it out!
    yes , man ,CA makes all the pack files have the second time encrypted , that means although you unpack the files , you still could not read it as usual files .now this tool just the first time unpack the files , but still need to research how to make the second time encrypted files can be read . this tool's maker is still research on it . and i also doubt the tool which will release by CA, how many thing we can mod by their tool ? i think CA may want to limilt the mod area , and don't want their art works pirate in other games.

Then the whole CA gossip of the "new" possibilities for the mod community is only a appeasement.

This is disgusting...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast