Thread: Online Battle Results

Default Online Battle Results

Post here you online battle results

Here's my first online battle
    New pics on 24/4/2007

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Default Re: Online Battle Results

All i can say is I played 4 games with jp this evening. Won three, lost one. All were close, except where he beat me (I was murdered...).

Quote Originally Posted by imb39
    All i can say is I played 4 games with jp this evening. Won three, lost one. All were close, except where he beat me (I was murdered...).
    Damn them Turkish Archers and their fiercesome stakes!

I'll sticky this...

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Well in 2 games today me v jp i won both. First was me as Russians v him as Timurids. I went for almost all horse archers, with some Tzars guards, he went for a similar line up but with cannon elephants. The battle was fairly even unit i made his elephants run amok then it was fairly easy to beat him.

2nd match was me as Venetians v him as English. He deployed on a hill in the corner of the map, his front protected by stakes with cannons as well. A very strong position. I launched an uphill attack with my missle troops and infantry who lost quite a few to his longbowmen. My cavalry attacked from the left flank, and my pikemen from the right. His flank defenses were overwhelmed by my cavalry, and my infantry assault managed to break through the front as most of his arrow fire had been on my crossbowmen, so my Venetian Heavy Infantry survived intact.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Goes to show that quantity pwns quality...

This was my first win. He wasn't trying here, he was teaching me how to play properly.

Here he WAS trying... But I pwned him, lol:

Wow guys ! Now the gamespy lobby works ! Anybody can put here the replay file ??

There's already a thread for multiplayer replays here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69244
    New pics on 24/4/2007

my name online is FALL3N. im a nub so be gentle
    Last edited by Fallen.Soldier; January 13, 2007 at 12:26 AM.

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

Got owned by some polish dude. He went heavy on cav, and he slipped his hussars through my lines, and I didn't notice that.
    Eventually I killed them with my general, but he finally overwhelmed my pikelines.

So I played venice against the poles in 1vs1 and as sicily together with portugal against the english dudes.
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-

Seleucus I Nicator's Avatar Campidoctor

I have only played two battles online in Medieval2 vs General Sun.

In the first one I played as Spain and he played as France. I decided to play offensively, so I didn't pick any missile units at all. I emphasized on cavalry, foot knights and cheap pikemen, while he had a mixed army with most unit types, including an artillery unit.

I deployed my army as a long line, with pikemen in the middle and cavalry and foot knights on my flanks, as I would do with my traditional Seleucid army in RTW when I used to play it online, but I used legionaries instead of foot knights back then obviously. He had his army in a square-formation, with cavalry and foot knights protecting his flanks, and spearmen protecting the front, and archer units and his artillery unit in the middle.

I immediately attacked, to prevent him from taking advantage of his artillery. My forces had to advance up a gentle slope. I first engaged his left flank, protected by cavalry and foot knights, with my cavalry, and shortly thereafter reinforced my cavalry with foot knight units. The ground was even for both of us since I had attacked sideways.

Now my pikemen had engaged his spearmen, and held them at bay. My left flank cavalry and foot knights had now engaged his cavalry and foot knights. There too the fighting was even.

Due to my superiour melee forces, I eventually cracked his left flank. From now the fighting went easy, as I had spare forces to use for outflanking while he had not.

I won with either an average victory or close victory. I can't remember which, but it was a good fight.

In the second battle I played as Hungary and Sun played as the Turks. This time I decided to play defense, because I assumed he would expect me to attack again, due to my aggressiveness in the previous battle.

My army had a good mix, with both heavy and light cavalry, foot knights, spearmen, pavise crossbowmen and an artillery unit. He had an army consisting primarily of cavalry, along with a few units of janissary muskeeters. In the map we were playing now, there was a village separating our forces, with woods surrounding it. The multiple buildings blocked the way for an efficient frontal assault, so the fighting would take place primarily on the flanks.

I deployed my artillery and crossbowmen in the centre, where the multiple buildings offered them protection. I also deployed two foot knight units and two heavy cavalry units in the centre, providing my missile units defence if needed and also able to rush to either flank to provide defence there aswell. On my left flank I had deployed light and heavy cavalry, along with spearmen, some hidden in the woods. On my right I had spearmen and light cavalry deployed, with some troops hidden in the woods here too.

Sun had deployed all of his forces behind a church on my left, to provide cover from potential artillery fire. But they were densely packed together. Foot missile units were deployed in the front, and heavy and light cavalry were deployed behind them.

As the battle started, I fired with my artillery, and managed to inflict losses upon his ranks. Eventually, he was forced to attack me, else he would have suffered high losses because of my artillery. As his cavalry and infantry advanced towards my left flank, crossbow bolts rained down upon them, aswell as artillery fire, inflicting several losses on the Turkish ranks.

The Turkish cavalry clashed with my spearmen on my left. My spearmen had the upper hand as they held a slightly higher ground. I eventually sent my cavalry to support my spearmen, and he sent his infantry. I fairly quickly defeated his cavalry, since I had numerical superiority.

Now I clashed with the Janissary muskeeters, who were more tough than I had expected. But I outflanked them and destroyed them to the last man.

I won a heroic victory in this one.

I have to be honest, I am a horrible general but great at expanding to vital place where trade is good. My online battle career is W/0 L/9, I am horrified by my skills against others. My problem is that I have to have an even number of every unit I use and use no less than four of each unit of choice. I have a problem with odd numbers you see. A messy business indeed. But their were three cases where I nearly won. I can only play RTW and games that came before it. My computer can't hold much. Any how my problem lays with the fact that in the RTW games I can only choose to have small units. But this one guy who hosted a game I joined chose large but I decided to face him anyway. I could only have up to 7 units and almost won too. Another thing I dislike is that every time I go to choose a different faction, everyone else is only choosing between the roman factions. It is like they just want to take the fun out of the game. I mean seriously people be a little more exciting and diverse would ya. I can't even play barbarian invasion on multiplayer but if I could I'd be a great general cause I'm great with the Vandals, Goths, and Saxons.

It sounds like you have OCD. You should get over that ********, or it will eventually make you miserable.

Loved this battle as it was my first time I played on MP. All I had was 1 late general, 2 or 3 teutonic knights, and 2 Reiters. He had Spear militia, templar knights, and highland archers. It was a 5k game so I ended going light on the troops, but heavy on the upgrades whereas he went heavy on the troops.

He made the mistake of sending units in waves which I tore apart. Also he ended up trying to chase down my reiters with his knights but they were torn apart. I took advantage of everything he did wrong.

Now for some reason on 1.2 my multiplayer freezes up during the deply phase.

This is from a battle from rtw 1.5 (i didn't find a thread like this in the rtw forums, thats why im posting it here).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I think the battle went something like this,it was a long time ago so i don't remember everything:

I made the mistake of joining a 2vs2 battle with 2 german dudes who i had fought before and had kicked my ass, and didn't try to get a clan mate or friend to join as my team mate, so some, i will say "unexperienced" guy joined as my ally.

It was a bridge battle with lots of money, and i didn't realize this until after the battle started, so i spawned on cathaphracts playing as Armenia. When i saw this, plus the fact that my enemies had chosen roman super legions i thought "Well, i guess ill lose again with these dudes". I saw lots of trees on my side of the bridge, so i thought i could be able to win if i hid most of my horsemen in the forest, and with my horse archers lure them to cross and then i could attack from their left flank.

It seemed to be a good plan, except that my "unexperienced" ally, also happened to not really be in the mood to cooperate to our possible victory. I told him to put his archers in the front, and his infantry back, to help with my luring strategy. So the fight begun, the first boring arrow exchange in which our archer cathaphracts + barbarian archers killed all their roman archers and some legionaries, then they sent most of their cavalry that got owned by my ha, and fanally all of their legionaries.

MY ally put his men right in front of the bridge and of course his men got completely killed by the romans, and as they started forming on the other side of the bridge my surprise attack became impossible, so i literally said "oo, **** it" and charged with all my men, keeping only 2 units and my general as reserves, and my ha in the back. The rest was a roman massacre: some how my frontal attack pushed the romans back, and started killing everbody in the way.
    It was great kuz a big "bubble of romans were separated from the rest, and were pushed into the river, drowning in the waters. It was a great victory, and i finally beat those dudes!!!

JGL's Avatar Miles

my first online battle
    me as the sheltonatorB, playing as spain my conquistidors conquered!! I lost all my infantry when the papal and turkish attacked me my inf put up a good fight but where routed and killed while that was happening my cav was finishing off the rest of the enemy cav the byzantines,my ally, provided a battle line for my cavalry to charge at you can just about see the battle line going across the pics I lost a load of men 17 left but i was quite happy with our victory.
    Last edited by JGL; January 20, 2008 at 07:25 AM.
    The Moralizing Empire.
    "When my lovely tribe invaded other land it was for bravery and pride, if Rome invaded other land it was because Romans were the evil." Courtesy of Romanheart
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I played my first two battles online and i got PWNED!!! it was AWFUL! lol... i tried to be the english both times cuz of the Retinue Longbowmen... Pikes didn't do me much. The second opponent said if the battle was good, hed put it on Youtube lol. I'm sure he'll put it on even if he destroyed me

take some screens next time

Thompson45cal.'s Avatar Ordinarius
    The Great State of Texas and George W. Bush ain't no Texan.......

Myself and a lot of quality people and players have the privilege of playing just about everynight.
    We've had some EPIC battles and a lot of fun. Here's a recent heroic. Got to love it, when it's heroic.

Here's the replay with loading instructions and a helpful screenshot, If you'd like to watch the entire battle.
    http://www.snapdrive.net/files/508048/replay1.zip

We play as many 4v4 battles on-line as we can, they do rock when ya have a solid crew.

Hope to see ya in the game.
    Thompson45cal.
    Last edited by Thompson45cal.; April 14, 2008 at 06:24 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast