Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Stainless Steel 7.0 in development?

Nahrime's Avatar Libertus

Default Is Stainless Steel 7.0 in development?

Hey guys,

Just want to know if the mod is still in development. Because I am waiting for it

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Is Stainless Steel 7.0 in development?

Yes it is in development, we are all waiting for it

YESS!!! Thank you for the answer. And also does anyone know anything about a release date?

Mid to late 2016

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Grabbin_Megroin View Post
    Mid to late 2016
    You're kidding me. The M2 engine is getting just a little old wouldn't you think. I don't mean to be a downer but it just surprises me the great modders aren't finally moving over to the R2/Attila engine. As much as it's awkward, in ways, it can be modded to create some pretty fantastic effects and the visuals look fantastic. If you don't believe me check out JaM's work on R2TR - those battle mechanics feel very realistic and challenging (but stay away from the R2TR campaign until they get it fixed up)

I doubt the great modders are ultra excited to completely abandon all of their work just to start from scratch on a crappy sequel. Many ambitious mods never move to the sequels and neither do the players they cater to. They got a good thing going on here. Besides this game came out in 2006, I think its a little late to worry about the game being old.

I play other mods that have a similar scope to this one on other titles and know they will likely never shift over either. Like, realism Invictus for civ 4. Heck there are modders still working on 1993 x-com with active communities continuing to play it.
    Last edited by teks; April 10, 2015 at 08:27 PM.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Guys,

The progress of SS7.0 is very difficult to state, on the whole the team have gone their separate ways. The two mod leaders which are gracul, not heard from in almost 2 years now and Germanicu5, who came by SS in August last year, was posting for about six weeks, as also gone quiet now. This could mean that he is working on SS7.0 or not, so any release of 7.0 may come or not at all.

SS development these days is with the SSHIP team led by Lithrasir and Titanium by Andytheplatypus, if you want to show your support and provide help in whatever form, then this is where your focus should be. Both of these mods have excellent skinners in Paleologos(Titanium) and Kahvipannu(SSHIP), updated and introducing new units. Both teams have very capable scripters as well, so if you want to support SS get behind these two teams.

Navajo Joe
    SS Forum Moderator

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Thank you for leading me there.

If this comes out no matter how late, i will play the crap out of it. It doesn't matter how many other Total War games come out. I love the Medieval game engine.

I hate the new Total War game engines, still love Rome 1 and Med 2 no matter how old they get.

Tighes_Hood's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by La Tene View Post
    You're kidding me. The M2 engine is getting just a little old wouldn't you think. I don't mean to be a downer but it just surprises me the great modders aren't finally moving over to the R2/Attila engine. As much as it's awkward, in ways, it can be modded to create some pretty fantastic effects and the visuals look fantastic. If you don't believe me check out JaM's work on R2TR - those battle mechanics feel very realistic and challenging (but stay away from the R2TR campaign until they get it fixed up)
    I disagree although i think Attila is a great game modders can still do a lot more at the moment on this engine than in the newer one. Plus the unit collision in the newer ones is inferior to the m2 engine and kill moves defy logic, close quarters combat is still more realistic in Rome 1 than in Attila for gods sake. However missiles are pretty amazing on the new engine. I think the massive overhauls should stay in M2 unless a new engine comes out with the next game combining the best of both engines.

Quote Originally Posted by La Tene View Post
    Nah those 2 titles, they already got old in just a fraction of time 10x smaller than Medieval. They are not even moddable.

New engines cant help themselves.
    They over-complicate their games, put really detailed details into things no one who fell in love with the game 10 years earlier really even cared about.

Ultimatly, its about the playability... and for modding, its about being able to indulge your imagination and play the game in a fun way that lasts longer then it takes for the next game of its type to come out 3 months later.

The Med2 engine is 9 years old and still the most popular.
    Sure there are details which can be made better... which is where SS came in.

I still play as often as I did back in 2007, and whenever a new SS version comes out, it just gets refined even more.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Guys,

The progress of SS7.0 is very difficult to state, on the whole the team have gone their separate ways. The two mod leaders which are gracul, not heard from in almost 2 years now and Germanicu5, who came by SS in August last year, was posting for about six weeks, as also gone quiet now. This could mean that he is working on SS7.0 or not, so any release of 7.0 may come or not at all.

SS development these days is with the SSHIP team led by Lithrasir and Titanium by Andytheplatypus, if you want to show your support and provide help in whatever form, then this is where your focus should be. Both of these mods have excellent skinners in Paleologos(Titanium) and Kahvipannu(SSHIP), updated and introducing new units. Both teams have very capable scripters as well, so if you want to support SS get behind these two teams.

Navajo Joe
    SS Forum Moderator
    totally agree!!! right now,SSHIP replaces S.S 7.0 and their members is working very hard for make the best submod
    I have to say that sship is the most historical medieval2 mod
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    totally agree!!! right now,SSHIP replaces S.S 7.0 and their members is working very hard for make the best submod
    I have to say that sship is the most historical medieval2 mod
    Is SSHIP savegame compatible with my previous 6.4 saves? Can i choose to turn it on and off as i please, just as i can with BGR , longer assimilation, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by SoumyaBanerjee View Post
    Is SSHIP savegame compatible with my previous 6.4 saves? Can i choose to turn it on and off as i please, just as i can with BGR , longer assimilation, etc?
    Saved games are not compatible . Longer assimilation and no BGR and hiking are not compatible . But SSHIP is a big plus . Come and play and see.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoumyaBanerjee View Post
    No it's not compatible due to the numerous changes we have made. However, you can keep your SS6.4 mod and add SSHIP separatly.
    Basically, rename your current SS6.4 folder (which is actually named SS6.3) in whatever you want. To make things simple, just name it SS6.4 instead SS6.3. Don't forget to update accordingly the paths in your SS6.4 shortcut properties.
    Then, install again SS6.3 + SS6.4. You'll get a new folder named SS6.3. On top of it, install SSHIP. Then, you can rename it as well like SSHIP for instance. That's it. You have both mods available and your saves in SS6.4 are safe.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Guys,

Navajo Joe
    SS Forum Moderator
    I remember when i used to play this on old pc the AI turn times took over 3mins once it got to about turn 30+.
    I should reinstall M2TW and one of these mods just to see how my over-clocked i5-4690K 4.2GHz performs during the AI turns

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I can't speak for Titanium but I guess it's more or less similar, for SSHIP, we're doing our best to keep the script as "light" as possible to optimize the turn time. So, I would say about 30 to 45 sec (less than a minute for sure), depending also on your graphic card and settings you're using. It's much shorter than the original SS6.4 turn time.
    My processor is less powerful than yours and isn't overclocked (i5-2520M @ 2.5GHz with 4 Go of RAM). My game video settings are all "high" and the game works like a charm
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 19, 2015 at 03:52 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by teks View Post
    I doubt the great modders are ultra excited to completely abandon all of their work just to start from scratch on a crappy sequel. Many ambitious mods never move to the sequels and neither do the players they cater to. They got a good thing going on here. Besides this game came out in 2006, I think its a little late to worry about the game being old.

I play other mods that have a similar scope to this one on other titles and know they will likely never shift over either. Like, realism Invictus for civ 4. Heck there are modders still working on 1993 x-com with active communities continuing to play it.
    Ok I get the idea. I guess another point not mentioned, is that, the new CA titles are not in fact centered in the correct time frame. Also, I have to admit I'm getting sick of how SEGA is pushing out title after title, it's cheapening the franchise of course. But I disagree with the outright hate towards the new titles, because, I can say there is a lot of fun and even some depth available in them. Admittedly, the vanilla version (of Rome 2) is a bit of a cake walk and I would never play its campaign now knowing how much it can be improved. Divide et Impera is not perfect but they've done a great job making the campaign a challenge by tweaking costs and penalties and effects so as to make build projects and decision making really matter.

Anyway I'm going to install SSHIP and I'm sure it will be a blast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast